1.9 update

1 minute ago, Draco912 said:

have to wait for the RU server to get the patch. most mods come from the RU so once they get the patch then mods will be getting updated.

That makes sense. I forgot what it was like to play without mods. If I was a new player, I'm not sure I'd stay with the current vanilla build. It's just the quality of life mods that improve the gaming experience so much.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Nick_GoVols said:

That makes sense. I forgot what it was like to play without mods. If I was a new player, I'm not sure I'd stay with the current vanilla build. It's just the quality of life mods that improve the gaming experience so much.

As an EBR man, not having autoaim on until turned off is a HUGE pain in the ass.

10 minutes ago, Nick_GoVols said:

Yea but I see alot of the other mods are alraedy on the MODHUB?   

I love aslains mod... but This is a first waiting so long for it after update

• Upvote 1
Just now, Donnie said:

I do agree. This is the longest I can remember having to wait for a while. Maybe Aslain is doing something personal.

2 minutes ago, Borsao said:

As an EBR man, not having autoaim on until turned off is a HUGE pain in the ass.

Huh? :yum:

1 minute ago, Donnie said:

Not really a first... but such is life when NA updates first, and RU updates the day after... usually RU updates first, and EU/NA a day after...

Patience... one day without mods won't kill you.

2 minutes ago, Nick_GoVols said:

I do agree. This is the longest I can remember having to wait for a while. Maybe Aslain is doing something personal.

Not really. But RU isn't updated - and most mods are made by RU modders.

Just now, Quaksen said:

Not really a first... but such is life when NA updates first, and RU updates the day after... usually RU updates first, and EU/NA a day after...

Yea I guess it aint that bad...  but so use to the mods as my comp lags a shitload without it...

17 minutes ago, Nick_GoVols said:

SO TRUE  I mean,  I've played forever and remember the game much worse and mods much worse yet,  game were worse in general back then too.

War games has put a ton ton ton of stuf that was in mods first into the game and that helps a lot but I think the worst is the zoom level missing for me now. 

Dead tanks circles on mini-map is one I don't know why WG doesn't have implemented.

But,  to me the game is much more fun seeing some indication of the players levels via xvm -  knowing about their WR overall and in a given tank as well as the stats that are more damaged based help equally to make it more dramatic to me !

I liked the game better with Win Rate ! I know I'm an exception there but knowing it was a long shot helped me get really happy when it was an upset and adjust my play to make the most out what looked like it would be a rough round -  (of course when people yoloed and lost a sure win that sucked a bit but not as bad as winning an upset made me happy)

of course we can guess the odds with XVM and at least see which players to support and which to be extra careful with.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Not really. But RU isn't updated - and most mods are made by RU modders.

That makes more sense. I just figured to give @Aslain the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for the info.

Aslain will be on the case - when he has something to work with.

Imagine making a cake - but without any ingredients... that's kinda hard, hehe.

Some things might be updated already and put out there.. but maybe won't release the 1.9 mods, until RU/EU gets updated.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

The mod: AUTOAIM IS ON, UNTIL TURNED OFF

For an EBR driver, its a huge QOL mod. Instead of zooming around at 95khm, furiously trying to right click on someone (then wrecking or getting picked) I can just hover over the target and autoaim activates.

4 minutes ago, Borsao said:

The mod: AUTOAIM IS ON, UNTIL TURNED OFF

For an EBR driver, its a huge QOL mod. Instead of zooming around at 95khm, furiously trying to right click on someone (then wrecking or getting picked) I can just hover over the target and autoaim activates.

Oh, yeah. That. But at least the EBR's have the snapping function in the game (as the only vehicles), so you can still get the snapping stuff.. just not the "hover over it instead of furiosuly clicking near it" hehe..

2 minutes ago, Quaksen said:

Oh, yeah. That. But at least the EBR's have the snapping function in the game (as the only vehicles), so you can still get the snapping stuff.. just not the "hover over it instead of furiosuly clicking near it" hehe..

Yeah but it seems to be 'hit or miss' for me. Sometimes it will snap to, sometimes not.

3 minutes ago, Kytankerfella said:

I really didn't know how much I rely on this mod.  With the next update, I'm going to hit that "Donate" button.  It's worth real money to me. 

+ 1 - the experience of running even arty in the vanilla client, without the info and tweaks that the mods provide, is a real education: US$ coming your way from my pocket, Aslain!

29 minutes ago, Wm_Raub said:

+ 1 - the experience of running even arty in the vanilla client, without the info and tweaks that the mods provide, is a real education: US$ coming your way from my pocket, Aslain!

seriously was gonna post the same,  its been awhile since I donated time to do so again!!! 

7 hours ago, Borsao said:

Yeah, literally unplayable in vanilla mode for me. I miss my mods.

Agree. I just played two games. I am so used to seeing certain things, I feel like I am in a different game. LOL

• Upvote 1

I played about 12 games with combo Aslain's install and the latest XVM nightly build (8.4.1_0015 at the moment), seems to be working ok for me at the moment.  Latest XVM nighlty build can be downloaded from https://nightly.modxvm.com/.  I merged the xvm_latest.zip into my current 1.8.0.2 #3 Aslains install as per below:

1. Goto your World_of_Tanks installation folder.
  2. In your mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.  In the mods\ folder delete the temp folder
  3. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your mods\1.9.0.0 folder, say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  4. In your res_mods\ folder rename the 1.8.0.2 folder to 1.9.0.0.
  5. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\1.9.0.0 Common Test folder to your res_mods\1.9.0.0 folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  6. Extract the contents of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\mods folder to your res_mods\mods folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.
  7. Extract the contacts of the xvm_latest.zip res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder to your res_mods\configs\xvm\py_macro folder.  Say yes to over-write files if prompted.

Hope this helps folks until Aslain has what he needs to update.

Edited by zavar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, TheGipper22 said:

SO TRUE  I mean,  I've played forever and remember the game much worse and mods much worse yet,  game were worse in general back then too.

War games has put a ton ton ton of stuf that was in mods first into the game and that helps a lot but I think the worst is the zoom level missing for me now. 

Yeah, I keep scrolling out with my mouse wheel and ... no zoom! 

Thank you zavar, it seems to work! 1.9 with triple tiered tank carousel, all coloured, no TS-5 in the garage and now I'll try it in game...

Yes!

It works, zooming out works, sights work, map mods work, shell flight time works, all the mods I use work.

Now, if someone could just push my tank back onto it's tracks again, I'd be able to continue playing in this battle...

For some reason Karelia + Assault seems to be about every 2nd damned battle this week! :(