[1.9.0.2] WoT hanging on return to garage

1 minute ago, mihai1339 said:

I have the same problem. When I exit the battle the game just freezes and I have to restart the computer to close it.

I hit the Windows and choose for logoff, that works for me.  Closing the game window itself doesn't work, this window is stronger than the Task Manager :p

I was crashing yesterday, today installed the new pack, and now for some matches it tells me "Sorry, detailed battle results are unavailable." and does not show the victory screen. I'm ok because i'm not crashing, but just to report. 

Thanks.

Hello,

Since 9.0 #1 or 9.0 #2 of the modpack my game freezes sometimes when i come back to garage and quite often , tho i didn't have this problem with 9.0 #0 modpack

It mostly getting stuck on Updating Garage and my Windows 10 x64 can't even End Task the process because the screen goes black even tho i can close other applications from X using Windows Key+Tab or Alt+Tab.

Tried repair and check the game from its launcher , updated every driver and windows itself , cleaned my pc with CCleaner but I still get the issue , cleaned the setup with the modpack installer, the only way to close the game is to Sign Out with Ctrl Alt Del or Button restart my PC.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Gonna try removing the Session Statistics hopefully the game freeze won't occur anymore , will edit later tonight if solves the issue

P.S. : separate from the issue and hopefully you won't get mad for this but the modpack is getting quite huge i see , just resumed WoT after a 4year break , do you reckon you can add a search button inside the modpack when choosing the mods ? spent 30 mins looking for the vertical tech tree just to not find it and gave up on it 

Thank you

Edited by Cipriot
30 minutes ago, saintseiya said:

Hey ! Guys, if  You use  session statistics   delete
. If im do it this , my  game not by crashes, garage  work normal if batle by end . Tray it

I'd not been using mod session stats for a month or more now, and had this freeze on exit to garage problem, so that's not the only thing that can trigger it.  For me the last thing I disabled before it stopped happening was XVM (which I pretty much only use for OTM and spotted bulbs on team listings).  Tomorrow I'll try re-enabling all the Garage mods I usually have and see if it starts happening again.

This is one of those cases of another freeze/crash after a tweak easily confirming that (alone) isn't the issue, but lack of them doesn't necessarily mean you've found the cause.  Whatever the cause is it might not trigger on every game exit (for me it's only ever when the battle ends and I'm forced back to the garage... if I exit early it's not frozen).

Edited by Athunt

Mine randomly freezes either after 1-2 games or more regardless if i go back to garage by myself or the game ends.

Game freezes with either YK stats or PMOD highly doubt it's from the stats mod

Edited by Cipriot
2 hours ago, saintseiya said:

Hey ! Guys, if  You use  session statistics   delete ( uinstall this mod  )
. If im do it this , my  game not by crashes, garage  work normal if batle by end . Tray it

Which version? In game or garage?

I ask because other than the MOE tracker in garage, I don't run any session stats.

3 hours ago, Cipriot said:

Hello,

Since 9.0 #1 or 9.0 #2 of the modpack my game freezes sometimes when i come back to garage and quite often , tho i didn't have this problem with 9.0 #0 modpack

It mostly getting stuck on Updating Garage and my Windows 10 x64 can't even End Task the process because the screen goes black even tho i can close other applications from X using Windows Key+Tab or Alt+Tab.

Tried repair and check the game from its launcher , updated every driver and windows itself , cleaned my pc with CCleaner but I still get the issue , cleaned the setup with the modpack installer, the only way to close the game is to Sign Out with Ctrl Alt Del or Button restart my PC.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 190.9 kB · 0 downloads

Gonna try removing the Session Statistics hopefully the game freeze won't occur anymore , will edit later tonight if solves the issue

P.S. : separate from the issue and hopefully you won't get mad for this but the modpack is getting quite huge i see , just resumed WoT after a 4year break , do you reckon you can add a search button inside the modpack when choosing the mods ? spent 30 mins looking for the vertical tech tree just to not find it and gave up on it 

Thank you

Same here, only log of works

My logs, uninstalled for now

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I had this happen last year.  I found not using any mod listed under XVM in Aslains list worked for me.  The Mods in the list that were independent worked, so you lose the player stats and mini map icons but still can use a lot of other stuff.   I remember it did correct itself but I cant remember if it was a WG update or Aslain update that fixed it.

removed any hangar mod there was still didn't help , and now just had my 1st freeze ingame while shooting someone , I guess modless for now even tho it sucks without those fancy crosshair and tank icons , got tired to testing every mod and still getting the freeze , modless it is , I just hate even more wasting my 2hrs reserves than playing without any mods.

WG update or Aslains update it's still really god damn annoying for your game to freeze while you wait for the battle results to see how you did

Edit1:

not using any mod listed under XVM in Aslains list worked

i guess XVM is just unstable enough to mess up the game for now

Edited by Cipriot

Game is freezing after surviving to end of battle. If you get destroyed during the game and leave it works ok. When you return to garage it freezes on updating battle results. I cannot access task manager so I have to restart laptop. Post elsewhere suggests xvm stats for test server are linked not the normal stats from EU1/2?

This is a real pain and I have never had this fault before - in 9 years.

I've now used the "LOADINF for Aslains Installer v2.7.1" utility to put my original config back in place, then only disabled all of XVM again.  This is with game 1.9.0.1 on EU and "Aslains_WoT_Modpack_Installer_v.1.9.0.1_01.exe" downloaded from wgmods.net.  I've had several Victory battles letting it take me back to the Garage normally, and no freezes so far.

Edit: Er, I'd add the new .inf, but it doesn't seem to be there?  Something to do with the utility ?
Edit2: So here's the .inf it was based on.  Just unselect *ALL* of XVM...

_Aslains_Installer_Options_1.9.0.1_00-usual.inf

Edited by Athunt
1 hour ago, AngeLSiN said:

@Aslain any advise how we could tackle this issue? Is there specific way we could help out or disable some specific mod? Or this is overall issuie? ( I am new to all of this and don't know much)

Go to XVM site and download the development version, take the installer.

Your configs for xvm will remain intact from Aslain's installer, so the installer newly dowloaded will know what to install based on your previous configs.

Edited by Cookie Dog

My game is consistently freezing whenever I complete a battle, and WoT exits automatically (i.e. I didn't hit escape and exit battle manually).  The Aslains splat comes up, and everything freezes (including the splat).  I click on the screen and it turns white.  Only solution is to hit the big red X, and force close.

(Sorry, that was 1.9.0.0_03, 1.9.0.1_01 and 02)