[1.9.0.2] WoT hanging on return to garage

27 minutes ago, Demtrek said:

yep its still happening, post WoT update.

37 minutes ago, crash74 said:

i cant even see my tank carousell, same issue since #01

49 minutes ago, Click Click Boom said:

My game is consistently freezing whenever I complete a battle, and WoT exits automatically (i.e. I didn't hit escape and exit battle manually).  The Aslains splat comes up, and everything freezes (including the splat).  I click on the screen and it turns white.  Only solution is to hit the big red X, and force close.

(Sorry, that was 1.9.0.0_03, 1.9.0.1_01 and 02)

where is your aslain wot log ??

When returning to the garage the customer hang.
Unable to access task manager or office.
I have to kill the process with blind taskkill on the back window.
When I manually leave the battle the problem does not occur.
I noticed during the hang that a connection window to WoT is open in the background

To get out of the freeze I've created a textfile on the desktop named "Kill WOT.bat" with the following code "taskkill /F /IM WorldOfTanks.exe" in it. When the game freezes I can always enter Kill WOT in the windows search bar and run it from there,. If nothing else it doesn't force you reboot your computer to get out of the freeze.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Keep in mind that also users without any mods experience the same problems. It's because it's game bug, all depends on what windows build you are using and whether it's 32 or 64 bit client. It may affect some mods too.

FTR, it didn't seem to affect me when playing in Safe Mode using the 64 bit client.  That was on 1.9.0.0 of the game though, I've not tried that again under 1.9.0.1 that I recall.

I'm giving Aslain 1.9.0.1_02 a go with my usual XVM stuff active to see what happens.

2 hours ago, Athunt said:

FTR, it didn't seem to affect me when playing in Safe Mode using the 64 bit client.  That was on 1.9.0.0 of the game though, I've not tried that again under 1.9.0.1 that I recall.

I'm giving Aslain 1.9.0.1_02 a go with my usual XVM stuff active to see what happens.

Nope, still hanging. I'll remove XVM again.

Edit: And still A-OK with my usual Aslain mods, minus all of XVM.  For me it really is XVM triggering it.  I mostly only use XVM for OTMs (but also a couple of things on the 'battle ears' vehicle status displays).  I don't even have the service active, let alone use it to see player stats.

Edited by Athunt

Ok, so I have been Aslain's Modpack for over a year now but created an account here just today! As others are saying, I'm also having the same problem during exiting from a game. In my PC, I cant even run the Task Manager as the screen remains Black. My only option is to Log Out of my PC. Game runs normal in Safe Mode, so perhaps it's not a problem with the basic Client. Also, I downloaded the latest Mod version, just 1 hour back and the problem still continues. I'm facing it in a cycle of around 5-6 games. Previously I have been using the Modpack without the XVM parts, but even with that I had this crashing issues yesterday! Today I installed the XVM included version and the problem continues.

As far as my knowledge Aslain just assembles the Mods together so I can't at all demand a solution from him! Basically, we are saving a lot of our time and getting the various Mods under one umbrella and for that I'll remain ever grateful to Aslain! Just putting my issues here from the SEA Server.

p.s. - I'm not putting the Log with this as many of you have already and there is no trace of the issue in that! Just hoping somebody will be able to find a solution :)

1 hour ago, Aslain said:

Keep in mind that also users without any mods experience the same problems. It's because it's game bug, all depends on what windows build you are using and whether it's 32 or 64 bit client. It may affect some mods too.

I forgot to say, if doesn't crash, it gets stuck.

Also, I found a trace, one of those mods is cousing this issue, I will tell you what mod is exactly after more testing.

image.png.90ad3d9be600bf0e95a5ac30d1ae65c3.png

23 minutes ago, Aslain said:

proficiency_fix is just a few png files, it cannot hang anything.

I found the problematic mods, but since they are from the same creator, I put them together. [I will test them separately and tell you which one]

image.png.cb57a06143733dfe2806fe8a5e39bd52.png

The modslistsapy I think is for removing the zoom out limit and pmod is telling you how thick is the enemy's armor, you know better.

Can you please [after I test more]  make a post and ask the users to try and remove the mod and report back?

Edited by Cookie Dog

I am almost 100% sure this crash happens when you complete a mission (daily, brawl, 10th anniversary). I was raging whole day yesterday, cause came crashed after almost every battle in the beginning. Today i took a more patient approach. After a few hours it struck me that i haven't seen a single "mission accomplished" on after battle screens.

My friend, who uses most of the same mods within the installer as me has had no crashing. I have had loads of locking up when exiting games, that go to the end. He does not have XVM services activated on the modxvm.com website, he has let the 14 day time lapse. I have been onto the site and reset mine so that it is not active and now I do not have any crashing. I also use the promod zoom out, but not the armour thickness mod. 

So it might be worthwhile seeing if it is only affecting those with XVM stats activated?

I have only created an account today to post this to try help you troubleshoot.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aslain said:

I have to experience something myself before I decide to remove anything. Once you done with testing send me your whole mod setup + logs.

in short: I need to make sure

I think the mod setup you call is in _Aslains_installer_Option.inf . I have to mention: I deselected a lot of options for XVM hangar like hangar clock, servers status, etc. I hope this will help.

Though I can't imagine how the mods mentioned previously are doing this, I seem to not get the issue to appear anymore since I put back the poliroid.modslistapi_1.3.1... oof

I'll come back after more testing

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

Edited by Cookie Dog
8 minutes ago, LordMatrix said:

Removing everything in PMOD section seems to have solved the problem for me. No crashes so far.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 149.68 kB · 1 download

Yet I use a bunch of PMod stuff, and so long as I disable all of XVM the game runs fine for me.  Put XVM back in, garage-exit freezer/crash.  There's got to be some interaction with something else, even game settings.  FYI, I play at 2560x1440 with a GTX 1080 Ti, always using the 64 bit client.

• Upvote 1