Arty shooting is not showing, nor the splash.

I have the same issue. Arty shells just do damage or dont, just stun. But when missing big time, the explosion can be seen.

Other arty explosions/hits i see normally, just my own not.

With other tanks I cannot see my own shells flying, hitting/missing. I just shoot and either it damages or not or does not even hit , it is really strange to play like this

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Otto_I

I have had this same problem for the last several weeks, but it hasn't been with every shot and not even in every battle. It has been very intermittent and very random it seems, so I didn't report it.  I can't even say if I have seen it both with Battle Assistant and in normal arty view.  It has been that intermittent for me.  And I only play arty.

When it happens to me, I see the amount of damage I did float above the target but I don't see either the hit itself nor the tracer of the shot going in.  Everything about the shot is invisible except the damage done amount.

Let me know if you want my logs as well.  I haven't seen this happen in the last 20 or 30 battles probably at least not since yesterdays update.

5 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

I have had this same problem for the last several weeks, but it hasn't been with every shot and not even in every battle. It has been very intermittent and very random it seems, so I didn't report it.  I can't even say if I have seen it both with Battle Assistant and in normal arty view.  It has been that intermittent for me.  And I only play arty.

When it happens to me, I see the amount of damage I did float above the target but I don't see either the hit itself nor the tracer of the shot going in.  Everything about the shot is invisible except the damage done amount.

Let me know if you want my logs as well.  I haven't seen this happen in the last 20 or 30 battles probably at least not since yesterdays update.

For me this started with installing the first mod pack in the 1.9 version, I havent seen this before and I did not change my mods at all.

And yes, it seems random, sometimes all is fine, then nothing... and with other tanks, it is somehow the same, I see no shell flying or hitting anything, the visual is totally missing.

ive also had this issue  same as darth  it only happens every now and again, I actually thought it was just a graphic glitch so didn't report it ,

I also use battle assistant  wonder if everyone else is that is having this issue  is using ba

23 hours ago, Otto_I said:

For me this started with installing the first mod pack in the 1.9 version, I havent seen this before and I did not change my mods at all.

And yes, it seems random, sometimes all is fine, then nothing... and with other tanks, it is somehow the same, I see no shell flying or hitting anything, the visual is totally missing.

Are you saying that when you are playing a normal tank (non-arty) that you sometimes don't see the arty shell tracer or the arty shell not hitting anything?

15 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

Are you saying that when you are playing a normal tank (non-arty) that you sometimes don't see the arty shell tracer or the arty shell not hitting anything?

Exactly, when i shoot into the ground with any tank, sometimes i do not see the effect at all. 
Next shot, i see it, then not... same in sniper mode.

Right now, after micro patch with no mod, i see them all so far.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Otto_I said:

Exactly, when i shoot into the ground with any tank, sometimes i do not see the effect at all. 
Next shot, i see it, then not... same in sniper mode.

Right now, after micro patch with no mod, i see them all so far.

Thanks for your answer.  Maybe it was a bug and it got fixed in the micro-patch.  Time will tell....

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Otto_I said:

Just played one battle arty with #0 and the shell, hit effects vanished again for the most time.

So it really has to be mod related, i will add a log here, though i will change my mods again as i somehow lost the previous settings and now have to find everything back again how i like it :(

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 163.26 kB · 0 downloads

WoT Tweaks
               Disable Wreckage smoke
               Disable Shot smoke and flames
               Disable Shell explosion effects
               Disable Tank hit effects
               Disable Tank destruction effects
               Disable Tree motion effects
               Disable Clouds

12 hours ago, Aslain said:

WoT Tweaks
               Disable Wreckage smoke
               Disable Shot smoke and flames
               Disable Shell explosion effects
               Disable Tank hit effects
               Disable Tank destruction effects
               Disable Tree motion effects
               Disable Clouds

Yeah, somehow the settings get messed up, by now i am close to what I want again though but still...

Randomly explosions or the whole shot effects just do not show, does not happen always but randomly in the same battle even.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I think that maybe some of the arty shots can't be seen because they are flying way, way, WAAY off target from looking at a replay. I've seen some shots either exploding off the map or exploding mid air when using "free camera" in the replay.

Then again when I view the replay in "sniper mode" I can see the explosions that I couldn't in game :/

Will try it in "safe mode" and see if it still happens

Yes I can see them all in safe mode.

Attached is a replay where I had the issue

20200425_1132_france-F28_105_leFH18B2_99_poland.wotreplay

3 hours ago, starking said:

I think that maybe some of the arty shots can't be seen because they are flying way, way, WAAY off target from looking at a replay. I've seen some shots either exploding off the map or exploding mid air when using "free camera" in the replay.

so off target makes no sense (or well the effects happen off target) as i do damage, see the damage and stun happening but no visual shell landing/hitting effect.

Just had a short game with Lorr. 155 55, only fired 4 or 5 shots then got killed...

I had all in there... from normal: shell trace.. explosion

to the explosion but not the shell trace

to nothing but the impact on the enemy vehicle

I just watched the replay myself... and in the replay all is totally fine, but i swear... it wasnt when i played it live.... 

Really really weird stuff.

10 minutes ago, Otto_I said:

so off target makes no sense (or well the effects happen off target) as i do damage, see the damage and stun happening but no visual shell landing/hitting effect.

Just had a short game with Lorr. 155 55, only fired 4 or 5 shots then got killed...

I had all in there... from normal: shell trace.. explosion

to the explosion but not the shell trace

to nothing but the impact on the enemy vehicle

I just watched the replay myself... and in the replay all is totally fine, but i swear... it wasnt when i played it live.... 

Really really weird stuff.

I'm often getting that too. replay showws it fine in arty view mode. odd

8 hours ago, BierBuik said:

Had the same problem.

Remove Artillery Battle Assistant Mod 

All okay now

That seems to be it.

I took that off and now I see all fine, havent notice any "anomalies" with other tanks yet either anymore.

Never really understood what this mod does anyway... just sounded useful lol

• Administrator

I'll talk with the mod author about it. BA is the better and original version of new view for the arty, WG copied it from it years back and modded it in own weird way. A lot of users prefer original BA than the one from WG because it's more stable, doesn't change the view angle when you slightly move the mouse etc.

• Like 1

definitely  wg messed up the  original ba ,   don't know why they never  used  the excact same way  as original ba ,     

but also confirm I removed ba myself and never had any issues ,    

So, this issue is occuring with all my tanks, I have no tracers and explosions no longer occur at point of impact, but instead occur from the gun of the person who fired at the time of shell explosion. It's weird. If I hit a target, no tracers and no explosion. If I miss, I see the shell explode as if I just fired my gun. This is a horrible bug, I' gonna have to retweak this mod.