All Mods Gone Since Update

Hello Aslain,  

I really think my problem was caused by something in the WoT update, but I wanted to write this up now because I have time today and might not tomorrow. If you are pushed for time -- which I imagine you always are -- please feel free to disregard it for now. I'll bet that your next mod pack update will solve my problem. 

Thanks for all that you do to make this silly game FUN for us. 

(:  

Here is the story, as best I can tell it.

This morning the WoT launcher (or whatever it’s called), said there was a new version of WoT and that I should update it, and so I did. After the installation, I fired up WoT and I had no mods whatsoever. 90% of what I use is in your mod pack, and the rest is a few individual bits and pieces.

As of the update to WoT, NONE OF THEM WORKS AT ALL.

Here are the things I have tried. I am including the stupid things I have done on the theory that the doctor (you) cannot diagnose a patient until he knows all that is going on: the things that are happening to the patient due to the illness and the things (if any) that are happening to the patient because of his own stupidity. 

Anyway, other than missing all mods the program is working fine. I have played six or eight games with no problems other than missing all the stuff I normally use: lots of mini-map mods, statistical mods, player panels, garage controls, tank carousel, single list of tank attributes (on the right side of the garage), and a bunch of other stuff.

What I have tried…

1.         I went first to WoT forums to see if anybody else was having a problem. Since you are just one person I figured there would be no need to bother you if somebody else had a fix, or a statement from WG about what was going on.

2.         I tried just reinstalling Aslain. Nothing happened.

3.         I tried using the LOADINF_for_Aslains_Installer.exe method. Nothing happened.

4.         I tried deleting the “mods” and “res_mods” folders, then reinstalling. Again nothing.

5.         Finally, I checked your forum to see if there was anything there. Since then I am working on following your advice. So, I ran WG’s “Integrity Check” program – twice, just to be on the safe side. No result.

6.         Next, I again reinstalled Aslain’s but now the right way, i.e., checking all four “delete” boxes as you showed in your post just a while ago. Still no response.

OK, now, going down your list. After Integrity Check and Reinstalling with deleting comes…

1.         description of problem

a.         program working fine, says need update.

b.         I update, and all mods are gone. Note that I say ALL mods – the ones from your mod pack and the few others that I use all disappeared. I am convinced the problem comes from WG, but don’t tell them I said that.

c.         I went through steps one through six with no result

d.         In between trying different stuff, I have been playing random mode, nothing out of the ordinary. Alternating between VK 30.01 D and KV 220-2. City maps, country maps, mixed…

e.         No crashes whatsoever

2.         Running Aslains_WoT_Logs_Archiver.exe

“System cannot find the file specified” – then a bunch more stuff and a zip file.

3.         Will now try to collect all the files you listed:

Since I am in the U.S., I assume you want the files from “World_of_Tanks_NA\”, right? (I don’t have the others.)

a.         python.log <<check>> 

b.         xvm.log <<not in the folder World_of_Tanks_NA>>

c.         all others are ok, and I will attach the zip file as well, even though it seems to be missing stuff.

4.         I just now ran WoT Mods Cleaner app and will try installing one stand-alone mod. (LegionLost ZF20E version).

5.         Installed that mod. Played one battle. Everything fine with game itself, but no mods, newly installed or otherwise.

failed to download information.jpg

_Aslains_Installer.log _Aslains_Installer_CompList.log _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip Backup of Hello Aslain.wbk Hello Aslain.docx python.log

Hi,

Today I reinstalled Windows on my PC and I have reinstalled World of Tanks onto a separate drive like I had before. When I go to install Aslain's I get an error message that says "Unsuitable game client version detected. This modpack is made for WoT 1.9.0.1 only!"

Both the game and the download are from today. Any thoughts on why I am getting this error message? I've followed other threads on this about reinstalling everything as well as disabling antiviruses.

Thanks!

I didn't reinstall Windows, however I also get the error message "Unsuitable game client version detected. This modpack is made for WoT 1.9.0.1 only!" when trying to install version 1.9.0.1_08.  I had no issues with version 1.9.0.1_01. Game is up to date and runs fine in Vanilla, but I don't want plain Jane as they say. Missing the things I like with the Mod.

I have attached the WoT_log, but not sure if it will help with the most current version as I haven't updated since version 1.9.0.1_01.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by WhiskeyAZ
10 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Because your server (NA) is updated to 1.9.0.2. Wait for the modpack update tomorrow.

That's odd as my client says "You are running the latest game version 1.9.0.1977".  

Edited by WhiskeyAZ
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, WhiskeyAZ said:

That's odd as my client says "You are running the latest game version 1.9.0.1977".  

Forget that number in the launcher, the game is updated to 1.9.0.2 for real, and what you see is some WG internal numbering method.

I'm having trouble downloading during install "bad gateway: error 502", status: "getting file information". Only 13MB out of 254 downloaded.

Removed Esther hitskins, etc to reduce the content I have to download, yet still taking ages.

2 minutes ago, Viff82 said:

I'm having trouble downloading during install "bad gateway: error 502", status: "getting file information". Only 13MB out of 254 downloaded.

Removed Esther hitskins, etc to reduce the content I have to download, yet still taking ages.

Everyone is trying to update at the same time = things will be slow. Nothing to do about that.