Tank Panel (OldSkool) position is not saved

I have had a problem with the tank panel (OldSkool) for a long time or since the beginning. If I move the panel in battle, the new position is only saved if I do it during the countdown at the beginning of the battle. You can set different positions for normal and sniper view. Due to the fact that you cannot go to sniper view during the countdown, it is not possible that the position of the panel is saved in sniper view.

So far, this was always irrelevant because you could manually enter the coordinates in the mod settings (in the hangar).

Since the last update, when the settings were moved from the "category" ProMod settings to OldSkool settings, the coordinates can no longer be entered manually. So it is no longer possible to save the position for the sniper view.

Or only do I have the problem with the unsaved position because of my mod compilation in the modpack? I hope not;)

It would be nice if you could manually enter the coordinates as before. Or even better if the position would always be saved when moving during the battle.

Thanks for your great work. ;)

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

go to oldskool folder in the config folder and open infopanel.json you can set its position in there and if your never going to move the panel again anytime soon in the game you can install that infopanel.json file using the custom folder way so you dont need to set its position every time that's that i do cos i use that infopanel 

Edited by John11

that infopanel.json in oldskool folder is fucked up for same reason there is a strange overlapping in the oldskool setting in game if i delete that file in configs oldskool and have it in pmod folder there is no strange overlapping in the setting and it remembers its position in game i have not played this game i a few weeks we need to get aslain to look into this

Thanks for the idea with the custom folder. I wanted to do that before but I didn't look through the structure with the mod folders and didn't really find anything on the internet. So I didn't know where the settings were saved. But that was a long time ago. In other games I have written (smaller) addons / mods myself. So I have a little idea of something like that. xD

I looked at the settings folder a bit and with two mods I'm not sure if they were there. I'll take a closer look. If I don't find something I can ask again, right? Then I don't have to keep setting it after an update. -I have to use the Custom_Mods folder and save the * .json in a zip file in the correct folder, as described in the Custom_README.txt, right?

I also took a closer look at the oldskool folder in the configs folder. The confusing thing is that in the file infopanel.json my coordinates are already entered (after reinstalling the modpack) which I have always manually entered in the game. Where do they come from if I have never used the Custom_Mods folder before?

Thank you for your help

dont use the infopanel.json like aslain sed use the tankpanel.json from the oldskool folder and you mite need to reset your coordinates again cos the Y position has changed for some reason i had 1710 for posY its 530 now so your number mite have changed use the custom folder way much easier to save your mods config files i use many of them

Edited by John11

Thanks a lot. I found everything and everything works.

I have a suggestion for an improvement in the installer. I have not found a topic in which, in my opinion, this really fits. So I thought that I put it down here so I don't create a post on the totally wrong topic. If I should put it somewhere else please tell me where.

It is often difficult for me in the installer to find something in the long mod / component list when I am looking for something special. For new users, this is definitely more difficult. I think it's good that here in the forum the numbering is given for new mods.

However, it would be nice if the individual mods / components were numbered in the installer. This would make it easier to find your way around and find the new mods faster. Maybe you can also write the numbering( in the forum) for mods that have been updated.

Another dropdown menu would also be nice. Something like that which already exists above with the selection of user-defined installation, reset and so on. But in the 2nd dropdown menu you should be able to select the individual categories (Over Target Markers (OTM), Panels & Windows (in-battle), XVM Minimap, ...) and then you will automatically scroll to the selected category. Perhaps, for a better overview, write the numberings in the respective category behind the categories in the dropdown menu and in the mod / components list. (For example: Panels & Windows (in-battle) (#59 - #116)).

Maybe these suggestions are easy to implement. In my opinion, it would greatly improve the overview and make it easier to deal with. Please don't get me wrong, I really like the modpack and the installer. The suggestions would only be a nice refinement. ;)

An idea that came to me and could also be added would be a search function. However, this is probably a lot of work and would take a lot of time. The other suggestions from above would probably be enough. As I said, I suspect that the effort would not be that big.

I would be happy if you would also find the ideas good / useful and you can easily implement them so that they can be easily adopted.
If not, not bad either. In my opinion, still a great mod pack. I also looked at other modpacks some time ago. Just to see others. Almost all of them were deleted after I only saw the installer. I either deleted the rest after the strange installation or after seeing the result in the game.

I hope my english is not that bad.

Thank you again for your help and for the super modpack.