julie voice mod volume control

I use Julie voice mod as well and I also noticed she does not like being quiet. The only way is to lower the WoT volume in windows mixer. Of course, you need to setup other in-game sounds before, so you don't end up hearing her voice only.

EDIT: Arty hits on your tank also can't be made quieter, so windows mixer solution works for those as well.

Edited by zzarac
  • Like 1

EDIT: Arty hits on your tank also can't be made quieter, so windows mixer solution works for those as well.

Can you elaborate on this?

This was always a problem for me in some extent. The sometimes scary, sometimes deafening hit sounds in first person view (aka in my tank). Yes, especially arty hits. I don't want to waste anyone's time with a long history, but I tried endless variations between the in-game sound settings, volume controls, master volume and the windows(7) mixer, and I never got a satisfying result. I also used 3 different headset/headphone in the meantime.

So the most important sound for me is the gun sounds. I simply want to hear loud and clear if someone fires around me. If I can determine the type/size of the gun, that's even better! Yeah, well, I can't do that, because the firing sounds in the same in-game category - effects - as the hit sounds. So I either jump out from my chair when I'm aiming and arty hits me or I have to use a generally really quiet setting.

And that's it. No solution for me. I even wrote to the support about it, but they couldn't help whatsoever. Actually, they are not even acknowledging it as a problem, doesn't matter how many players (some streamers, content creators too) having issues with this. At this point, I would be way happier if I could just totally erase, mute the incoming hit sounds all together! The visual feedback would be just good enough on that, but once again, I can't do that, because I can only mute all the effect sounds or nothing. So if anyone knows a way to change/get rid of the incoming hit sounds without changing other effect sounds, please-please let me know!

edit:

I found it.

[game directory] --> res --> packages --> audioww-part1.pkg - open with WinRAR or similar program --> find and delete "impacts_full.bnk"

And no more annoying hit sounds of any kind.

Literally any kind. That is the problem with this, it includes all the impact sounds not just the hits on my vehicle. Hits on the enemy or allied tanks, hits on the ground behind me, everything. So if something out of my view, then I'm loosing information. Pretty big drawback, but it is probably worth it for me. I'll consider it.

I have no idea if someone can edit this file or not, I can only delete it or not delete it. Anyways, I guess I should write to the wot.eu mod forum, if I wish a less radical solution.

Edited by coffee

Well, I must admit I have a weird sound settings combo, but it works for me.

Here is a screenshot of my in-game sound settings, but note that WoT is set to only 10% in windows Volume Mixer (screenie 2.)

sound1.png.1a129cc9cee0ac056eec2594e97295bc.png

sound2.png.927c830a0512314bf08128391d98f0be.png

That way there is noting coming from WoT that could startle me.

I am on Windows 10 though. Not sure if you can change per-app volume in Windows 7 Volume Mixer.

Edited by zzarac
  • Like 1

@zzarac

Thank you for your answer - interesting! Going high up in-game, but low in windows maybe one thing I didn't really try. I guess it looked more logical the other way around, but there are a lot of weird things with that volume control... I'm going to experiment with it more!

Edited by coffee
1 hour ago, zzarac said:

Actually, the weirdness comes from TruVoodoo's recommended sound settings. If you look at his YouTube video about it you will see he has some valid points.

I think I was misunderstandable, I didn't mean your settings, but the in-game sound settings in general. I'm also on zero on the other stuff, almost zero on "vehicles" as well. ;)

Oh, never mind. I know my settings are strange, no need to sugarcoat it (just kidding.)

Yea, in-game settings are not very straight forward as you can't really tell which sounds fall under which category.

Not to even mention bugs such as arty hits disaster.

BTW, here's the video I was telling you about. It is really interesting. Definitely worth a look: