[1.9.1.2] stuck on 'updating garage'

hace 14 horas, Aslain dijo:

Loaded up same mods, nothing is hanging. Check your antyvir maybe something is blocking some mods.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no?

strange way the antivirus works.

I will check it.

Sadly, I have to say it seems to be the auto camo that is acting up, for me at least.

When I have it active, the camo is not always saved/loaded for any given tank, and after  3 to 7 matches, I will get the "updating garage" lockup.

I am also getting a massive frame rate hit, in the matches, just before I get the crash.

When I rename C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\1.9.1.2\scripts\client\gui\mods\mod_Auxilium.pyc to mod_Auxilium.pyc.old, everything runs as it should in the game.

Now I will admit to having an old video card (GTX960), but it runs every other game I play without any issues!

System specs:

EVGA Z170 FTW

I7 6700k @ 4.0 Ghz

Gskill DDR4-3200 (2x16 GB)

Intel SSD 600p Series (512GB, M.2 2280 80mm NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4

EVGA GTX960

• Administrator

Like you see this is one of those problems that is affecting limited amount of users, I personaly cannot reproduce it, maybe it requires to play a lot of battles in a row same day, which I don't do. Like always in such cases I recommend to try to remove mods one by one, but it's still unknown in what circumstances it's happening. A lot of factors to be taken into account, including how many battles was played in very short time (sometimes 3 battle results that shows up in hangar may hang certain mods like YK).

That's a fact. I've noted that the problem happens after a number of battles. Like @DRAGONFIRE_Sr said, 7 or 8 battles.
Maybe some memory leak that grows with time until the crash, if the mod were in C or C++ would be easy to say that memory problems would be the cause, but, in Python... hard to say!!!

I'll try to kill the client every 6 battles and see if it works, lol, we have to try everything in this case...

• Upvote 1

Indeed one can workaround it relatively good ...

In 70-75% of the battles I die naturally (around 50% loose + 50% die in won battles) ... so I quit to garage b4 the problem happens - that saves 3 of 4 battles ...

For the rest 25%, if I carefully put on all camo and national emblems on the tank i play in that session, it rarely hangs...

And it never hangs with 2d/3d styles on the played tank ...

So yesterday, I played around 2-3 hours with only one hang.

What is not fixed  by that workarounding ... is the hangs directly on startup of wot ... which also speaks against memory leak - i get those hangs mostly at the start of my sessions in the first few rounds.

Btw. memory leak would potentially take quite long to fill 32 gb ram ... mostly thats idle.

And btw. the relative success of that workarounds point in my idea still towards auxilium auto camo as root cause ... since that update as i posted the issue started 4 me. And it seems to me that it mostly hangs with me on tanks, where auto camo doesnt manage to restore camo and national emblems (that seem still buggy - once it works, once not). Might bei coincidence, might be still buggy.

Yesterday I played 15 battles with the 32bit client and had no freezing. Could it only occur with the 64-bit client?

In fact yesterday it was impossible for me to enter the game because it was totally frozen at first. Every time.

So I launched the 32-bit WoT and it not only ran perfectly,  I also made many games in a row without any problem.

My experience comes from the 64bit-client (standard launch over game center) - didn't test 32bit.

Mostly - when stuck at game start - restart solves my problem. It never persists more than 2 restarts.

I guess, changing the tank selected in save mode could also solve the startup hang ... will try that when in need.

• Administrator

Hi

I've  tried to reproduce but no luck, I can switch to this tank using same mods, I even equippet it with camo, to check it. There is only small lag when switching to it, at least on my PC, takes like 5 secs to load this vehicle (any vehicle actually, but I have 575 vehicles in all slots so maybe it's related).

• Administrator

Could be the reason, or some network issue where it takes more time to communicate with server when switching tanks and their equipment.

My PC is pretty decent, so is the internet, and it still feels sluggish with that mods.

Hey I'm getting this issue with my Skorpion (not K, just regular). I can move around garage ok with other vehicles (but see my other thread about auto camo not really appearing to work with custom camo) but when I select Skorpion - and only Skorpion, no other tank does this - I get an updating vehicles spinning logo and that's that. - have to ALT+F4. Exit game, with mods on I cannot access garage, I get this - you can't really see in the screen shot but in the background the animations in the garage are working but this screen never goes away. I can get into garage if I use safe mode. But if I exit garage with Skorpion selected then enter the game in ordinary mode (with mods) I get the same thing. This is without xvm, I don't use xvm. This is Asia server btw.

shot_001.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip python.log

Edited by spmcg
spelling

Hi I always use that option but anyway cleaned folder manually, enter game, same issue.  Cannot select Skorpion. Can select any other vehicle. If I select Skorpion getting spinning wheel, though I can stop it by selecting any other vehicle.

Reinstall Aslain modpack w my settings the same except deselect auxilium auto camo and problem is gone. Sadly I think its back to manual camo for a while - such a pity.

Cheers!

shot_002.jpg

• Upvote 1

There is no doubt, the cause of the freezing is the Auxilium Auto-Camo ... 

Edit: Another ALT+F4 ... I uninstall the Auto-Camo Auxilium, sorry because I need it.

Edited by Redraven59

Today I removed Auxilium and played a few battles -- never a hang.   I will keep it this way and see what happens, but I suspect Auxilium and there being some Aux routine that is taking too long.   I do know that Auxilium takes an incredible (comparatively) amount of time switching tanks, perhaps there is some amount of inefficiency that is causing the game client to time out. 

Sadly, there is little help in the python log.   We would need a log creating by Auxilium I would think.  

From what I can tell It has to be the auto camo mod. I have the TS-5, Panhard EBR and my AMX Tier X tank that gets stuck with the "updating Vehicles" glitch all the other tanks are fine, If i turn that off then i have no problem loading them. Even if I turn it off and then log on and select one of those tanks and then log out and activate that mod the game gets stuck on the"Updating Vehicles". Like I said a few min ago that mod works fine on all other tanks that i have in my shop but those no clue why but I hope this gets resolved soon love that mod.

Thank you

Urge

Hmm to be honest not sure what that is lol, Is there anyway you can show me where its at on the list of mods that Aslain has on its installer?

I think i found it  Unanonymizer on battle results? If thats the one I do not run it.

Edited by urgelflop

Well, crap.   So, what seems to be happening is Auxilium is a very hungry mod -- it takes up quite a bit of time to do its stuff.  I was looking at the docs and the Unanonymizer apparently takes quite a bit of time at the end of a battle and it occurred to me that the two just might be causing a timeout or even stepping on each other.  I removed Unanonymizer and I have (so far) not had any lockups.

Maybe the way to do this with your is see just exactly which mods you are loading -- _Aslains_Installer_CompList.log shows what you selected and is being loaded -- perhaps there is another mod that is interacting with Auxilium, but one that I do not run.

Of course, all of this is conjecture based on my running this setup (without Unanonymizer) last night and this morning.