Issues Side Panels & Adv Btl Loading Screen in 0.9.6.0

I've been having issues since 0.9.6 launched with Side Panels are Advance Loading Screen not replacing the default side panels and loading screen. I initially tried Autospy Side Panels with Advance Battle Loading Screen together without other mods and they work fine.

I finally had some free time to try installing mods one by one to figure out what was conflicting.

I've found that enabling any of the following mods with Autospy or BADoBEST v2 Side Panels, or Advance Battle Loading Screen cause the those 3 mods to not work. Other mods going through PnF like All Ships in Tree still work fine.

Session Stats
Karma Info
Navigator Mini (Didn't try the other versions)
Regen Assistant
Score Timer
Shot Timer
Clock In Battle
Radar Timer
Secondary Armament Status

These mods work fine when enabled, with or without Side Panels or ABLS.

The other mods I've been using that didn't appear to affect whether Side Panels or ABLS worked or not are:

All Ships in Tech Tree (SenaHibiki & juger65 variant)
Clear Vision
Stopwatch
Movable Ship Parameter Panel
Pingometer
Improved Chat (Autospy)
Enabled Replays
Remove Replay Limit

sounds when Minimized
Max detail
FPS Limiter 144

Any idea's what else I should try? Is there another conflict causing it that I'm just missing?

• Administrator

I don't proivide compatibility between those mods (custom loading + sides panels). It's not game breaking too, in the worst case you won't see the battle loading panel/tab panel from the sides panel. I know that Hakabase panel has special compatibility included by its author, and that's the way to go.

The issue I'm having is if I have any of the mods in the upper group there (session stats -> Sec Arm Status), none of the sidepanel mods work, and custom battle loading screen doesn't work.

For example I've switched to Hakabase's Side Panels (Also now on 0.9.6.1 and pack 00): here is with Regen Assistant selected, Custom Battle Loading Screen is not selected as well.

Spoiler

gEZQAua.jpg

versus Regen Assistant not selected

Spoiler

bst7XYc.jpg

No matter which of the 4 side panels are selected, if I select any of that upper list of mods, I end up with the normal side panels.

I've also noticed that Stopwatch and Clock in Battle also don't appear either as well with the upper list.

I've tried the entire upper list with only one of the side panel mods selected one by one as well to try to isolate the issue and still have the issue.

I've also deleted preference.xml to see if that did anything.

Edited by normpearii
  • Administrator

Hakabase side panels is not meant to work with any contour icons, it has own icons displayed. I will block it in the next modpack. The same stands for all other side panels except for badobest v1. When I install mods from your logs I can see side panels.

You can try to reset game settings by deleting preferences.xml.

I figured it out.

For some reason, a bunch of the xml files in res_mods were read only so the sidepanels couldn't be loaded. Manually deleting the folder and reinstalling resulted in the same files read only. I couldn't find what set them to read only. I tried loading the game and mod pack on another PC and it and the files aren't read only there.

I manually set permissions and everything works now.