How to use wowsunpack with command line

Hi, I downloaded the latest WOWSUnpackTool (ver2.0.1.57) from here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/123043-all-wows-unpack-tool-распаковка-ресурсов-клиента-игры/

and successfully unpacked resources with that.
But it failed with wowsunpack command line.
It seems that the syntax is slightly different from the sample on the above page.

D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA>wowsunpack.exe -h
usage: wowsunpack.exe INPUT (required) [OPTIONS...]

INPUT (required)
                         input folder
--list, -l
                         output INPUT contents
--extract, -x
                         unpack INPUT contents
--output OUTPUT, -o OUTPUT
                         a directory to unpack files into appropriate DEST. Will
                         be created if does not exist
--include INCLUDE, -I INCLUDE
                         process only contents matching the appropriate DEST
--exclude EXCLUDE, -X EXCLUDE
                         process only contents not matching the appropriate
                         DEST
--packages PACKAGES, -p PACKAGES
                         relative path to packages

So I tried the following commands and more but all resulted in errors.
Please tell me how to use it.

D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA>wowsunpack.exe res_packages -l
ERROR: Can't open package file system at: D:/Games/World_of_Warships_ASIA/.\res_packages\

D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA>wowsunpack.exe D:/Games/World_of_Warships_ASIA/res_packages -l
ERROR: Can't open package file system at: D:/Games/World_of_Warships_ASIA/res_packages

D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA>wowsunpack.exe D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA\res_packages -l
ERROR: Can't open package file system at: D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA\res_packages

Solved.
Apparently INPUT requires "bin\xxxxxxx\idx".
I was confusing this as part of the -x option.

A valid test command in ASIA server:

D:\Games\World_of_Warships_ASIA>wowsunpack.exe bin\2697511\idx -l -p ..\..\..\res_packages

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but I'm trying to automate grabbing the newest files from res/spaces, specifically the minimap.png and minimap_water.png from each of the map folders in spaces. I have tried everything I can think of, such as

.\wowsunpack.exe -l -x bin\6965290\idx -p ..\..\..\res_packages --include res\spaces\* --output "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\World of Warships\res_unpack_test\"
.\wowsunpack.exe -l -x bin\6965290\idx -p ..\..\..\res_packages --include spaces --output .\res_unpack_test

and many more, but I just can't get anything out! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. If I do the standard examples they work, and the only thing remotely close to what I want to do that works is

.\wowsunpack.exe -l -x bin\6965290\idx -p ..\..\..\res_packages --include *.png --output res_unpack_test

and while, yeah, that exports ALL of the PNG files, so technically, eventually it'll export the >100 or so I want, there are a LOT of PNG files (I've had it going MAYBE 5 minutes and we're approaching 200k, and we haven't left clanbase/ yet... I just want two from each folder in res/Spaces, which is less than 100, and I have zero idea how to get there.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: oh my god, I'm an idiot, it's so simple.

.\wowsunpack.exe -l -x bin\6965290\idx -p ..\..\..\res_packages --include spaces/*.png --output res_unpack_test

I swear I tried that, but I guess I didn't. Fuck me, if I could delete this post, I would, but let this stand to both my embarrassment as well as helping anyone in the future that might stumble across it.

Edited by Chemputer
I'm a complete idiot
  • Upvote 2