Tank Icons dont work

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, GrumpyOG said:

I am having the same problem, I have tried several different Tank Icons but none appear in game, I  deleted "contouricons.7z" files and reinstalled,  all other mod's I have chosen seem to be working OK just the Tank Icons not workiing.

Attach your logs.

Not sure if this is the problem but I noticed there was no WOTMOD.File for the selected Tank icons in the Mods\1.10.0.0 folder, so I put a WOTMOD.file for some another tanks icons I downloaded into Mods\1.10.0.0  folder and they show up in game.

I have re-done my log files

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by GrumpyOG
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, GrumpyOG said:

Not sure if this is the problem but I noticed there was no WOTMOD.File for the selected Tank icons in the Mods\1.10.0.0 folder, so I put a WOTMOD.file for some another tanks icons I downloaded into Mods\1.10.0.0  folder and they show up in game.

I have re-done my log files

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 155.8 kB · 1 download

It doesn't matter. I don't use wotmod for contour icons therefore you won't be able to find it in the installation.

Please check contouricons_Darker_TIM_11000.7z file for integrity (use 7zip app).

18 hours ago, geroellheimer2 said:

I have the same problems. Contour icons not working. I already deleted the dlc cache and reinstalled the modpack.

Logs created and attached.

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip 113.15 kB · 0 downloads

Do the same what I suggestes to Grumpy. But your file to check is Aslains_contour_icons_roman_TIM_11000.7z, there are two possibilities, either this file is corrupted, in that case it won't be unpacked, and other option is that installation fails when installation script is moving files from version to number folder.

I also am having this same problem, i have attached my log file here. 

I have completely uninstalled the mod pack and re-installed it using different icons on two separate machines, most other mods are working but the tank icons are not as well as the "T" shortcut to repair tracks and use fire extinguisher.

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Aslain_Modpack_logs.zip

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Ultra_charge said:

I also am having this same problem, i have attached my log file here. 

I have completely uninstalled the mod pack and re-installed it using different icons on two separate machines, most other mods are working but the tank icons are not as well as the "T" shortcut to repair tracks and use fire extinguisher.

Any help would be really appreciated. 

Aslain_Modpack_logs.zip 88.81 kB · 0 downloads

Check file contouricons_Grandorf_TIM_11000.7z (use 7zip)

c:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\\DL_cache\

Hi Aslain, 

I checked the file, it was indeed corrupt. i am re-installing now and will see if this fixes it. 

Thanks,

after re-installing and checking the contouricons_Grandorf_TIM_11000.7z, the file has downloaded and installed as corrupt again. 

I have removed the file and am now going to try installing another set of icons to see if it fixes the problem.

hmmm, this time i installed contourIcons_Ghostman101278_v1_11000 but the same problem is occurring. it states the file is corrupt. Any ideas?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Aslain:

Do the same what I suggestes to Grumpy. But your file to check is Aslains_contour_icons_roman_TIM_11000.7z, there are two possibilities, either this file is corrupted, in that case it won't be unpacked, and other option is that installation fails when installation script is moving files from version to number folder.

Thx a lot. File was corrupted. Now it works!

Hey Aslain,

I have download mod 10.0.01...and the tank icons don't work again. I have deleted initially the content in the DL_cashe, but still doesn't work. I have installed again and it worked...

shot_006.jpg

Edited by Florinj

alright fellas, let me try to explain. it took a week to figure out but here is the deal (i think). in the folder (game/world of tanks/aslains modpack/dl cache), there is a contour icon folder. mine is webiums. this is a 7zip folder. what one must do is extract from that contour icon folder a subfolder "gui". that folder needs to be copied to (game/wot/resmods/ and then the version number folder) inside the version number folder, ie 10.0.whatever. i hope this helps. let me know. i dont think the modpack is unpacking the folder to the proper place. deleting that dl cache folder does not help

so i just updated aslains for todays patch and checked my folders, that gui folder is in the resmods folder where it should be. i dont know why but perhaps this update is problem free or somehow those files got deleted on my end and not replaced automatically by the installer initially.? good luck

• Administrator

The problem is always on the user end, either corrputed file (7z) or antivir is messin up to download or unpack the file or the batch file that is renaming version folder to number folder is unable to perform (cause of antivir in the most cases).

aslain, thank you for all your work on this modpack. you are a true scholar and a gentleman.  fact is, i uninstalled your entire modpack, my entire game, reinstalled, deleted dl cache folder, deleted appcache folder and multiple other things i dont want to get into. none of that helped.  where the game was looking to find icons, no icons were there.  once i figured out where they should be and i manually put them there, it worked fine. again, thank you