Ways to disable contour icon ?

Hi Aslain,

Hope you have a nice day, I am wondering if there is a way to have no contour icon at all on xvm player panels (player list on both sides in battle). i went through all the settings in xvm and having zero success at the moment.

Wish to see your reply soon, Thanks!

a)The "simple" way, inside playersPanel.xc set "iconAlpha": 0,

Drawback: icons are still loaded but not visible to you, so all "bindtoicon" stuff on pp kinda "float" away from panel (hpbar, spottedbulb, clan icon...etc)
also if using background there is empty space in panel (unless you also hide background "alpha": 0, )

b)Not simple way is to move icons off screen with "vehicleIconOffsetXLeft": 0, ally side and "vehicleIconOffsetXRight": 0, enemy side
there are total of 4 panels (not counting none/hidden one), if you use all of them you have to edit all 4.
So you move icons off screen then you move extra field stuff that is bind to contour icons back to center with X alignment, if using it (hp,hpbar,hpbg,spotted...)

Drawback: time investment until you get everything right

• Upvote 1

@Aslain
As i was drinking coffee got idea about this that might work in theory, so i had to try. :lol:

Since xvm uses battleAtlas for pp icons and not individual contour icons i tried to create empty 1x1 icons and use that battleAtlas to hide icons.
it kinda works, but there are 2 drawbacks: (without xvm)
1. losing icons on loading screen
2. losing icons when you check statisticform (TAB)
You can bypass them both with xvm/iconset.xc, use other atlas/icons for loading/statistics or vanilla battleAtlas...or use this empty for playerpanel only)
Untitled.thumb.png.0ba0dce882ac8950cb38ac823b489681.png
Here is example for testing, place inside res_mods\1.10.0.0\gui\flash\atlases
atlases.7z