Terrible FPS with Mod Pack installed

On 8/21/2020 at 6:40 PM, Captain_LoveRocket said:

Hi

I've been using the mods for a while but with the current update of WOWs and the 9.7.0.3 modpack installed, I was getting terrible FPS and lag, dropping to 15FPS more often than not.

I have removed the mod pack and played a battle, FPS was back upto 60-70 FPS thoughout the battle,

Has anyone experienced FPS issues?

Remove Side Panels by Hakabase

Edited by Battlenat0r

OK thanks.

So i uninstalled Hakabase and started the game (no sidebar at all). FPS is back up to normal wich is fantastic but now the battle loading screen (i think its called) does not show ship names and player names, its only small "boxes"

Also the damage info (self and enemy) has these "boxes" instead of the icon for ship class.

Something is messed up there...

Now i installed Roslich sidebar and it also works. Normal FPS and the text and icon is back again.

Unfurnately there is no radar and stuff on this one. 

It would be good if you Aslain could please state what the sidebar includes. I mean radar, hydro, detection etc....

The only problem i got was when i uninstalled Hakabase completely (some fonts dissapeard i suppose). These came back when installing another panel.

Roslich is fine but only has: Detection, Speed, Gun range, Torpedo and AA.

Autospy i found very confusing with sort of a square with very small icons and stuff in a horrible mess.

BadoBest v2 shows more or less nothing.

BadoBest v1 shows some info but not much.

The only really good one is Hakabase but that doesnt work anymore with the FPS drop.

Sad the other panels dont show radar

its what you can live with.... radar range isnt that important... its muscle memory!
Do you want 20 FPS or radar range?
Until the modder or some fans can properly mod Hakabase HP panel... you are stuck with compromises.
Your choice, make something that you can live with and hope someone fixes that mod.

• Upvote 1

It is, tried different combinations of mods and HP panels, I have ONLY issues when Hakabase panel is installed. Without it, I can have my game running for 5 hours and still no FPS drop and no interface issues.

Somehow that mod has some faulty coding that uses to much performance to run.

Edited by Battlenat0r
8 hours ago, Aslain said:

I don't think that is Hakabase doing itself, it's some combo, and is unknown to me. I had similar report like here, and it was a person using Autospy panel.

You´re probably right. I first tried to take away some other mods that i added resently but didnt work. I should probably start with ONLY Hakabase and then add other mods.

The FPS problem arrived just a while ago. First i was thinking that i might be a combo when you have mods showing the same thing and the computer (game) is waiting for info for some reason.

But i might be a qlue that when i uninstalled Hakabase and tried without modded sidebar the fonts where gone for damage info, i dont know....

• 2 weeks later...

This started happening to me again with the latest update and latest modpack. With the modpack installed, I get insane drops in FPS when I turn my camera, get closer to ships etc. Weird stuttering. Removing all mods (renaming res_mods to _res_mods) seems to have fixed the issue, so it's probably some combination of mods I'm running.

Aslains:Installer_CompList.log:

World of Warships folder?  ->> Yes
Clean res_mods folder?  ->> Yes, FULL
Current date: 10-09-2020 and time: 14.56.32
Build date: 10-09-2020
Mod-Pack Installer by Aslain
Version: 9.8.0.08
Installed on: EU Client
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destination location:
      F:\Games\World_of_Warships_Eu

Setup type:
      Custom installation

Selected components:
      ----------------------[ Screen panels ]--------------------------------------
         Side Panels by Roslich
      At the top
         Class Panel with hp bars
            Class Panel: v1
      -----------------------------[ Crosshairs ]-----------------------------------------
         dynamic crosshairs
            crosshair Nomogram (dynamic)
               Nomogram: Classic & Modern
      Show max speed of target at crosshair
      ----------------------------[ Camera mods ]---------------------------------------
         Camera "Zeiss" (advanced camera + advanced zoom) (by Mebius_LW)
            Zeiss Expert I x25
      ----------------------[ Over Target Markers (OTM) ]--------------------------------
         version by BADoBEST
            HP + nick
      Ship Movement Indicator
         SMI: v5 (X33STORM)
      ----------------------[ The Minimap mods ]----------------------------------------
         minimap by Odo_Toothless
      ---------------------------[ Port mods ]-------------------------------------------
         Camo Info
            Camouflage Manager
         Session Stats
      ---------------------------[ Dock appearance ]------------------------------------------
         Hamburg advanced lighting
      Alt Hud
         Navigator
            Navigator: centered
      Info Panel (enemy)
      Regen Assistant
      Detailed Damage Meter
      ------------------------[ Ship skins & appearance ]----------------------------------
         none
         Emulated Ambient Occlusion
      --------------------------[ Tweaks ]---------------------------------------
         Skip game loading video
         Battle replays recording
            Enable
               Remove limit of max replays
               Enable versioned replays folder
         FPS Limiter

Additional tasks:
      Installation options
         Remove all previous mods from the game (strongly advised)
- Attention: wipes out everything in res_mods folder!

aslain_logs.rar