Update causes disconnect or crash

• Administrator

Looks like something on your computer is doing this, most likely an aggresive antivirus blocking some mods, like the one for announcing my updates from connecting to internet.

Please attach python.log for check out, or all logs (see my signature).

Thank you for the prompt reply. My apologies for not following the reporting format, here are  the logs that I have. The archiver didn't work for me, but that may be because I have 3 installs of the client (EU, RU and NA) and it might have got confused with the locations. But I run the same install on each version, with no differences in the options (apart from changing RU client to English)

python.log xvm.log _Aslains_Installer.log _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf _Aslains_Installer_CompList.log

• 4 weeks later...

It did it again just now, crashed because of update to version.

To reproduce, you might be in a game, update the version, finish the game, then start a new one. It stops at the loading screen. Have to restart the client, upon rejoining the server it tells me that there is an update to the modpack.

Because I have multiple installs the log archive thing doesn't work, so I've just attached the logs without any changes to the client.

At least it is consistent: every update while in game = crash at start of next game.

Cheers,

python.log xvm.log _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf

Just to add, I don't have any anti-virus other than the standard windows supplied, and there is nothing else running that might have an effect on anything to do with the network side of things.

Hi thanks for the answer, and yes I can access that URL without any problem. I will see if I can find anything on this pc build that might be affecting it then, thanks again.

*edit to add - I kind of assumed that the problem with the log archiver was to do with the multiple installs, as in I have installs for RU,EU and NA, and it seems to have a problem deciding which install to take the logs from. Could this be a part of the problem? The versions of WOT install are different for each region, and the modpack has to be installed on each install (can I say install any more times?), so maybe it is getting confused about mod pack install (there, I did it again) locations? 

Edited by Rex
  • Administrator

No, logs archiver has nothing to do with multiple installs, it works only from the folder in which it's placed. You are just one of those unlucky people with wierd problem, where for unknown reasons the logs archiver is not working, can be anything, like permissions, antivir and hell knows what else.

• 2 weeks later...