Installer runs on the wrong monitor

I have a 2 monitor system. My 2nd monitor is rarely used, normally just when I stream. For some reason the installer has now decided to ALWAYS open on the wrong (2nd) monitor so I have to turn the monitor on just to run Aslain's !!! I've included logs but not sure what use they will be as I have not even run the game at all since installing #16. The previous version I had was #11 I think.

If I drag and drop the window onto the main monitor it works fine but the next time I run it, it's back on the 2nd monitor again !

Many thanks

Zoe

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

5 minutes ago, Bavor said:

I have a dual monitor system and don't have this issue with the installer.  I've tried most mod pack versions v.1.10.0.1_00 through v.1.10.0.1_15 so far after the latest game update.

This may help:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/default-display-for-applications-under-win10-and/850fcd2c-e295-4a16-9053-69f1eec8b592

Thanks but it's not a windows thing. Not one single other application does this at all. Also I have Win7 although that probably won't make much difference. My main monitor is default for everything and always has been. The 2nd monitor has only ever been used for popouts e.g. when using OBS

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, ZoeBallz said:

Thanks but it's not a windows thing. Not one single other application does this at all. Also I have Win7 although that probably won't make much difference. My main monitor is default for everything and always has been. The 2nd monitor has only ever been used for popouts e.g. when using OBS

It actually is a windows problem.  Windows records and determines the default location for programs.  One time, for some reason, Windows thought your other monitor was the primary monitor then changed the default location for the mod pack.  Windows 10 and Widows 7 basically work the same way with program default locations when you start them.  I've had the same problem before where Windows swapped what was the primary monitor one time for some strange reason and some programs would always open on the other monitor.

5 minutes ago, Bavor said:

It actually is a windows problem.  Windows records and determines the default location for programs.  One time, for some reason, Windows thought your other monitor was the primary monitor then changed the default location for the mod pack.  Windows 10 and Widows 7 basically work the same way with program default locations when you start them.  I've had the same problem before where Windows swapped what was the primary monitor one time for some strange reason and some programs would always open on the other monitor.

Well I have tried moving it and closing then re-opening etc etc etc and nothing makes any difference. I have even deleted the original and re-downloaded so it's a totally new executable and it still did it !!

• Downvote 1

The same thig is happening to me as well.

Also, that small window with progress bar before installer opens is actually centered between my two monitors, so I can see half on one monitor, half on the other.

The modpack installer itself loads on a "wrong" monitor, but that has started happening only a few iterations back, just like with @ZoeBallz

I have also tried closing and reopening, but no change.

This is not a big deal for me because I have my both monitors powered on the whole time, but I can see how it can frustrate if you have the secondary powered off.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, ZoeBallz said:

Well I have tried moving it and closing then re-opening etc etc etc and nothing makes any difference. I have even deleted the original and re-downloaded so it's a totally new executable and it still did it !!

Have you tied holding shift when you click the X to close the installer?