Best Practice Question

How often do you upgrade your modpack?  Every time there's a new one?  Every other one?  Every fifth release?   I'm just wondering what others do. I've been doing every update and I want to know if that's the best way to do it or should I be on a different schedule when changing the modpack?

I download and update every release because I want to generate a little revenue for Aslain.  I do this even though some updates only have changes to mods that I don't use.  I have a pretty fast pc and a decent internet speed so it takes less than a minute for me to do it.

At a minimum,  I would definitely download and install all updates that include any changes to any of the mods that I use.

• Like 1

Ok, I was wondering if people did that.  I had been updating every time a new modpack update came out before this last patch and my modpack stopped working with modpack 15.  The issue was on my side but I hadn't changed anything, #15 just didn't work.  I had updated every time a new pack came out.  For the future I want to just use the one that works and go, I'm not really changing a lot of the settings, so why update?  Now that my modpack is working again after the game patch, I will more than likely stay on the same one.  

I did donate last night, I wasn't going to but I guess I could ask for my donator tag, starting to see more people with it now haha.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jimoblivion said:

Ok, will do!  Thanks!

Users in many cases cannot judge it by themselves, that's why I recommend to update rather more often than every 10th modpack update. It's very important to update everytime for at least one week after major game update, because the modpack usually contains important fixes and updates.

:thumbsup: Affirmative, after the first week of a patch it's best to get all updates during the following week and there after when an update is released check it to see if any of the mods I'm using have been updated.  If so, grab the modpack?

Edited by jimoblivion
  • Administrator

Yeah, something like that. You know, this modpack contains a large number of mods, and many mods have different authors, they are updating their mods when they feels like it, so I have to update the modpack often, everytime they update something I have to add/update it, and release new modpack. I usually wait a day or two to accumulate more mods and release it with more entries in the changelog, but there are sometimes important updates that I cannot wait with. As of currently many sound mods are missing, the same with crosshair aim circles, I will be updating them slowly past next week or two. Also in the next week I'm expecing a micropatch from WG that will change mods folder and new modpack will be mandatory (WoT 1.10.1.1 with halloween event).

8 minutes ago, Aslain said:

Yeah, something like that. You know, this modpack contains a large number of mods, and many mods have different authors, they are updating their mods when they feels like it, so I have to update the modpack often, everytime they update something I have to add/update it, and release new modpack. I usually wait a day or two to accumulate more mods and release it with more entries in the changelog, but there are sometimes important updates that I cannot wait with. As of currently many sound mods are missing, the same with crosshair aim circles, I will be updating them slowly past next week or two. Also in the next week I'm expecing a micropatch from WG that will change mods folder and new modpack will be mandatory (WoT 1.10.1.1 with halloween event).

Ohhhh, ok, that sheds a lot of light on things!  Thanks for the heads-up!  I appreciate it!

Edited by jimoblivion