XVM configuration of the tank order in the garage.

Every time I install Aslain Modpak I need edit the carousel.xc configuration file ( in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain ) in order to change "sorting_criteria": ["nation", "type", "level"], by "sorting_criteria": ["level", "type", "-battles", "-premium"],

Would it be possible to somehow edit this in the installer or in the game?

En 5/11/2020 a las 10:49, Aslain dijo:

it's possible to implement, only as predefined setups, what setups do you suggest? (a few)

The standard way is to sort by Nation, Type and Tier with:

"sorting_criteria": ["nation", "type", "level"],

I prefer to do it by Tier, Type and Number of Battles (from more to less with "-battles") because I filter by Tier and try to play the tanks with less battles using:

"sorting_criteria": ["level", "type", "-battles"], 

Others may prefer like me but ordering by Damage Ratio or Marks on Gun with:

"sorting_criteria": ["level", "type", "-damageRating"],

or

"sorting_criteria": ["level", "type", "-marksOnGun"],

It's just an easier way to be able to choose which tank to play, but there are many possible combinations, and it depends on what you are looking for at the moment.

I don't know if it is interesting to put two or three of these possibilities (for me, yes, my option, but ...) I think it is something that you have to decide.

In any case, thank you very much for commenting it. :thumbsup:

All Options are:

"nation", "type", "level", "-level", "maxBattleTier", "-maxBattleTier", "premium", "-premium",
"battles", "-battles", "winRate", "-winRate", "markOfMastery", "-markOfMastery", "xtdb", "-xtdb",
"xte", "-xte", "wtr", "-wtr", "damageRating", "-damageRating", "marksOnGun", "-marksOnGun"

En 5/11/2020 a las 17:50, Quaksen dijo:

You can also look into using Aslain's custom mods folder: \World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods\

Uh, I think that method is too complicated for so little, but thank you very much for the suggestion

Rather than edit the config file each time you update the modpack, save a copy of the edited file in another location, then create a batch file to copy the saved config into the game folder. Put a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop, then whenever you've updated the modpack, it's just a mouse click to run the batch file and restore your personalised config.

• Upvote 1
hace 8 horas, v_kat dijo:

Rather than edit the config file each time you update the modpack, save a copy of the edited file in another location, then create a batch file to copy the saved config into the game folder. Put a shortcut to the batch file on your desktop, then whenever you've updated the modpack, it's just a mouse click to run the batch file and restore your personalised config.

This that you propose has two drawbacks, from my point of view: 

First, XVM developers could change the parameters present in that config file and it would be lost when replacing the new one with the previous backup.

Second: people who do not edit the configuration files by hand would not have the possibility to choose different sorts simply because they do not know that possibility.

In any case, thank you very much for your proposal.

Diego "RedRaven59"

On 11/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, Redraven59 said:

Uh, I think that method is too complicated for so little, but thank you very much for the suggestion

Complicated? :confused:

You edit your file, you then make the correct folder structure (which you already know, since you found the file) in a zip file.. job done.

Your file will get put in every time you install modpack. No more need to manually edit it every time.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, KabiSVK said:

and now we all should suffer ....i want it back to normal...Nation first...

lvl first just suck...whyyyyy was this changed....because one cry baby?

Review modpack selection... I think the first option of the newly added ones is auto selected. Pick the old option (or maybe uncheck, not sure)