[Minimap] "Last Spotted" Markers Show as Rectangles and Not Tank Type Marker

As topic title describes, On the minimap the last spotted icons for tanks that were spotted but are not currently seen show on the minimap as small upright rectangles instead of tank type markers (diamonds for lights, diamonds with a 1 slash for medium, etc).

I am unsure how this changed as it was working with markers at one point and all of a sudden it is not longer showing them.  Also please see attached picture to see what they look like now.  I want them to be the diamond for scout, diamond with 1 slash for medium, diamond with 2 slashes for heavy etc.

I have deleted my entire world of tanks directory and also the world of tanks directory in my appdata folder as well as used the mod installer to do a complete install (clean).

Nothing seems to be working, please help.

Best regards,

Lost

post-5390-0-24204200-1426171993_thumb.pn

Hi

You could be missing fonts or something is wrong with the XVM-config you are 

using. If its Aslain then its wierd.

The problem is in config folder, open minimapLabels.xc  with Notepad++.

The line to look for is:

"lost":  "<textformat leading='-3'><span class='mm_dot'>{{vehicle-class}}</span>\n<span class='mm_l'>   <i>{{vehicle}}</i></span><textformat>",

This determines what is shown:

"vehicleclassmacro": {
        "light": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>:</font>",
        "medium": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>;</font>",
        "heavy": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>?</font>",
        "td": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>.</font>",
        "spg": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>-</font>",
        "superh": "<font size='13' face='XVMSymbol'>J</font>"

Check the fonts in "C:\Windows\Fonts" (XVMSymbol.ttf)

attachicon.gifXVMSymbol.ttf

Delete XVMSymbol font, and install it again. 

Solved my issue however with some distinctions for persons who also have this issue please take note of the following:

Simply uninstalling and re-installing the font didn't work and a closer examination of my C:\Windows\Fonts directory revealed multiple copies of the same font installed (XVMSymbol.tff XVMSymbol(1).tff XVMSymbol(2).tff) etc.  Simply deleting these and re-installing the font did not garnier results.  I had to not only delete them from the directory in an elevated command prompt but also remove the entries from the registry at the following location 

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Once this was done I was able to successfully re-install the font however one might consider rebooting for good measure.  Doing these things finally yielded results.

Thank you very much Aslain for your quick support, I'm pushing a donation your way.  You are a credit to this community.

Coincidentally this issue occured again after running the modpack installer again.  It seems to make a duplicate entry in the registry when you run the installer and the new entry points to a font that doesn't exist.  

IE:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\XVM Symbol
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts\XVMSymbol

Is what I see in my registry, deleting both these values and re-installing the font fixes my issue every time.  Just for your information.

This was weird but at last I fixed it.

Just for info: on my Windows 8 I could not uninstall the XVMSymbol font in any way, because Windows insisted to tell me that the font was in use by csrss.exe, that is an unstoppable system client/server service. Don't tell me wtf why. I even tried to delete the handle from it without success.

To get rid of the problem I had to:

- start an Administrator CMD

- manually delete all xvms*.* files inside the C:\Windows\Fonts directory

- remove all occurences of the font inside the registry

- install che XVMSystem correct font via the normal Windows procedure

- After this step, WIndows still didn't list the font inside the fonts window, and WoT didn't recognize them: I had to reboot and now all is ok.

... Thanks Windows, everything is always clear and straight.