Crew voices

Why replace it Aslain? Loading a round is separate from firing. Generally, the gunner, loader, and TC talk to each other so they are aware of where they are in the process. When I qualified as a gunner on a M60A3, we had a procedure that went something like this.

TC - Target at...

Gunner - Identified

TC - Load Sabot

Loader - Round up

Gunner - Target identified and locked

TC - Fire

Gunner - On the way (105mm - Kaboom)

Gunner - Target destroyed

TC - Next target at... (rinse and repeat)

That's from memory 30 plus years ago. However, I believe that if you could include 'On the Way' and maybe 'Target Identified' (when maybe you select auto-target on the target) would in fact improve the immersion of the game.

You have 'round up' after load, why couldn't you have 'on the way' when you fire, and target identified when you select auto-target? That certainly would make things cool and your mod pack even better than those on the street now. :)

Just a suggestion...but I'd love it for sure. :D

• Upvote 1

I don't know if "on the way!" will work, properly, because the game trigger for knowing when you're firing is the mouse click.  As soon as that happens, it will fire the round, and you'll get the gunshot sound, and it will happen the same time as 'on the way' would happen, so you wouldn't really hear all of it, and it' would end up lasting longer than the shot itself.  I think the main reason why they have the "round UP!" sound isn't even for the immersion factor, which it does help with, but for a supplemental audio alert when you're reloaded, in case you're not looking right at the reticle indicator, especially when you're trying to bob and weave and stay alive in the middle of a fight.

For an immersive experience, I have found that Engine sounds, gun sounds, turret traverse sounds, and hit sounds mods really do quite a bit.  Although a few times in some large brawls, the gun sounds caused some severe interruption to the game, so I uninstalled them. This is on a pretty robust computer (i7-4770k, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2GB video).