Tank crew not visible in garage

Theolitius and sixpackdaddy, I think you are correct, it looks like a problem with a UI component for crew (in logs there is WARNING: Scale9Grid for resource=15 has negative height -0.300000, which might indicate that some weird values are being used and the component flops). 

@Aslain it might be the case that You can't reproduce it because of different screen size or resolution.

Using smaller ui-size mods (vertically - lower height - fewer rows in carousel or compact carousel f.e.) solves the problem - crew is visible.

Mine was Full HD windowed, problem appeared with 4-row carousel 1.0 size. Switching to mini-carousel fixed the issue, which suggests there is some problem with scaling of the crew component (as that one reported the warning and then screamed image loading errors in the logs). Unless it's some kind of more general problem with ui scaling that appeared recently.

Edited by alaron1234
On 1/1/2021 at 12:23 PM, Quaksen said:

It's a Wargaming bug currently.

Reduce your carousel size or increase your game resolution, you're only on 1366x768.

Try one row, otherwise increase resolution.

i did that, full HD 1080p from the beginning playing WOT PC since 2012.....

Aslain's WoT ModPack v1.11.0.0 #15 (~93 MB)

using 3 row carousel standar, using 2 row carousel standard, 1st time is, the crew tanks in not missing, 2nd time playing, with the same config, the crew tanks is gone again.... reinstal, 1st time is there, 2nd time, is gone.....  why ??

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

I have the same issue with my crew not appearing correctly. It shows only the commander but from a different tank than the one I have selected in the garage. Also the crew is in the tank, I just cant see them or make any changes to my crews. I have a 3840 X 1900 display with 2 large rows of tanks in my carrousel. Only when I switch to 1 row, does my tank crew appear. This makes sense. Others can have 2 rows and they can see their crews but my 3840 X 1900 display is ultrawide which is not as tall as most regular and wide screen displays.  I have the latest version 15 of the mode pack. Also my personal missions are overlapping the top 3 tank filters, so even though it looks like I am selecting the filters, my missions keep popping up. In the mod pack I had to select to not show the missions above the tank filter in the garage in order to be able to use my tank filters. 

Another issue I am having is that everything in the garage user interface and the in-battle user interface looks much larger than it should be, even though my display settings haven't changed. My display settings are 100% scale. I'm using the recommended 3840 X 1900 resolution and I'm in full screen mode.

All of the above issues started for me with the latest version 15 of the mod pack and the latest version of WOT. 

Edited by EricOtown

Also had this issue happen (crew disappearing)...

However there is no problem as long as I do not install any Mod Update since the ..._7 version for current game update... any I have tried since that one has the bug, but if i go back to _7 version, I do not have crew problem.

Maybe its a game bug, but certainly something changed in at least one mod part since version 7 of current modpack.

Thanks Aslain, but as I wrote - the problem never happens if I use your current mod v7.... but it always happens if I use later mod packs.... same resolution, same mods chosen, same carousel, etc...

something changed after modpack 7, thats influencing it.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Zartayn said:

Thanks Aslain, but as I wrote - the problem never happens if I use your current mod v7.... but it always happens if I use later mod packs.... same resolution, same mods chosen, same carousel, etc...

something changed after modpack 7, thats influencing it.

Still it's WG fault, some mods like XVM are using modified game files, the old modpack is using old game files which are or might be carousel bug free. But using old modpack is asking for more problems than just a carousel bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay folks...having this same problem.  Removed Asians mods and tried with no crews.  Contacted wargaming and after several attempts still no success,  have ran it full screen, have uninstalled and reinstalled twice wot and reinstalled Asians  five times.  After all this still no visible  crews.  Any other ideas? Thanks!

• Administrator
7 hours ago, odat24 said:

Okay folks...having this same problem.  Removed Asians mods and tried with no crews.  Contacted wargaming and after several attempts still no success,  have ran it full screen, have uninstalled and reinstalled twice wot and reinstalled Asians  five times.  After all this still no visible  crews.  Any other ideas? Thanks!

It was said many times already :) It's not mods, so reinstalling the modpack won't help it. It's game bug, use higher screen resolutions, don't use multi row carousel.

I fixed this on my end by changing the carousel settings.
I cannot seem to post a pic but here is what I did.

I had Normal>3 row>shrunk (0.8)
I changed that to Small Carousel Cells>3 rows
(this setting is under the advanced carousel section).

Tanks are a bit smaller in garage but I like the cleaner look, so I'll keep it but most importantly, I got visibility on all my crews again 🙂

missing crew settings.PNG

Edited by Ah_Sin_Did
became member, gained ability to post pic :D