Idea: Mod Installer with Traffic Light installation status

geekuma

First my thanks to Aslain for the great job with the mod packet and installer! Great job :-) 

I understand the current installer is limited to what it does. I did search on the forum, but I didn't spot anyone suggesting this before. (Or I just failed to search properly...)

I want to present an idea for the future: Traffic Light installation status. Should it sound interesting enough, ofc. 

Simple idea: show status with simple colours. See the demo picture attached. 

• Green light, when mod is installed and up to date
  • Yellow light, when mod is installed but needs updating
  • Red light, when mod has been installed previously but is missing from the current installer package
  • Other colours could be also added, for example to show new mods etc. 

The first two points (installed or updating) are currently mitigated when using "My choices". The option I miss is the third point: to see when one of my previously installed mods is missing for any possible reason (typically when there's a big WoT update). When that mod has been updated at a later stage, I could then re-install it at will. Now I'm just relying on my memory. 

Aslain WoT Mod Installer Traffic Light Demo

I have no complaints how things work today. I hope my idea is seen as a supportive move and as a doable idea for some future update. :-) 

gl&hf,

geekuma