[XVM] Carousel by Very

Very

Last updated files are allways here: Carousel by Very.7z

Yes, i know. It is another config for a carousel with a lot of info

Copy files into main WOT folder 

Or if you use Aslain instaler just put file in ...\World_of_Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods folder and install Aslain modpack

300x150 px
2 lines recommended for 1440p or higher

1 line for anybody

Carousel.png.b72fdf0e3b6c10a1451e3b401033a153.png

Other situations

chosen tank, special (not premium tank), normal elite tank, normal not elite tank

image.png.76f917d69b67c4722bdb669a05fe57cc.png

Fully marked tank, lower than 5 tier tank (no moe %), no mastery icon, crew incomplete, rented tank, no camo, not full camo, 0 battle normal tank

image.png.779a803a68cd42b4c511f97d507cad0f.png

@aslain you can put this settings into modpack if people are interested
I also agree to put it on other modpacks

image.png.66420a73910f97ccb3f677d7b61c8c4c.png

XVMSymbol_22.0.ttf

Edited by Very
  • Upvote 1
  • Very changed the title to [XVM] Carousel by VeryPN

NIce looking. Nice job, I will have to give it a try.

Edit: Installed it. Looks nice and clean.

Issues:

1. For some reason the tank symbol is not showing in the wreath in the upper right corner.

2.  I am not able to sort by Nation order after editing the carousel.xc file. It always defaults to sorting by tank type, ie: Light, Medium, Heavy, TD, SPG. I want to sort my tanks by Nation/tank type. Defaulting to sort by tank type is no good, IMO.  Having to scroll through just to find a country type tank is inconvient for me. It is easier to scroll by country.

Why it's defaulting to sorting by tank type even when I set sort by nation is unclear. Nothing I did would change it.

If I'm doing something wrong let me know.

Edited by Sailorboy
additional info
Cytat

2.  I am not able to sort by Nation order after editing the carousel.xc file. It always defaults to sorting by tank type, ie: Light, Medium, Heavy, TD, SPG. I want to sort my tanks by Nation/tank type. Defaulting to sort by tank type is no good, IMO.  Having to scroll through just to find a country type tank is inconvient for me. It is easier to scroll by country.

You can change it in line 82
carousel.xc 

"sorting_criteria":  ["level", "type", "nation"],

For me thats OK, i first looking for tier when i choose a tank

W dniu 25.02.2021 o 10:27, Sailorboy napisał:

I'm trying to fix the issue with the missing tank class icon.

Edited by Very
9 hours ago, Very said:

You can change it in line 82
carousel.xc 

"sorting_criteria":  ["level", "type", "nation"],

For me thats OK, i first looking for tier when i choose a tank

Try restart WOT if you have those files:
image.png.f8ad5d90ee411839eac28a430d8d63a1.png

I fixed the sorting issue already.  😃 What do you mean "restart WOT if you have those files?" The files are in the mod. They are there, just not being read in my case.  All the syntax appears to be correct.  Equal amounts of { }, thought maybe one was missing.

I really like the layout and the info in the cells.

Edited by Sailorboy

W dniu 26.02.2021 o 03:05, Sailorboy napisał:

Equal amounts of { }, thought maybe one was missing

No, then WOT will be start without mods (in safe mode) when you make bad "{},"

To be sure just copy again file carouselNormal.xc 

24 line should looks like

{ 	"enabled":  true, "x":  262,		"y":  12,	"width":  18, 	"height":  20, "alpha":  100, "src":  "cfg://Aslain/Very/tank_{{v.type}}.png", "shadow":  ${ "def.otherShadow" } }, 

W dniu 26.02.2021 o 04:23, Sailorboy napisał:

You did a really good job at this. Something I could never figure out.

🙈

Edited by Very

I didn't change anything in line 24, it looks like above. I even recopied the file, still no tank type icon. I removed my mods just to see if there was a conflict, no change.

It is just strange that they will not show up for me. 🤨

No matter, I will continue to investigate, but in the mean time your mod is my new carousel mod. Good job. 👏

On 2/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, Very said:

Hmmmm

Start once in a safe mode or better - clear cache https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/10218/

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I did this also. 😁 Infact I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled. Then added just the basic Aslain mods and yours. Same problem occurs. I can't for the life of me think of what might be the problem. Other than the tank type icons not showing up, the mod is working just fine.

@Sailorboy Last ideas:

0. Open tank_LT.png in other program - is there anything or empty/crush file?

1. Change alpha in line 24 from 100 to 50 or remove " "alpha":  100, " - maby its some alpha problem

2. Change file name from tank_LT.png to  t_lt.png and in line 24 from tank_{{ to t_{{ - still looking for cache problem

After every change (1,2) close and run again WOT

I'll give it a try.

I did all of the above but no change. I reverted back to original file. I checked the python log for errors and this is what it says:

021-03-01 03:04:51.749: WARNING: ImageCreator::LoadProtocolImage failed to load image "img://../configs/xvm/Aslain/Very/tank_<font face='xvm'>&#x3A;</font>.png"
2021-03-01 03:04:51.749: WARNING: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false text="Error reading img://../configs/xvm/Aslain/Very/tank_<font face='xvm'>&#x3A;</font>.png"]

I think I know what the problem is. It can't find the xvm fonts you are using. I just checked my fonts directory and don't see any xvm fonts. I usually have them installed but I reinstalled Win10 last month. Unfortunately I can't find my xvm fonts that I had saved. So if you have them, can you upload them?

You might want to include them in your file just incase others don't have them installed.

Edited by Sailorboy

Not sure what is going on but the missing icons appeared. Since Aslain hasn't update his mod to 1.12 yet, I edited the files to work in default xvm directory.  So far so good. We will wait and see how it goes. 😄

Since Aslain did have his mod up yet I just changed "Aslain" to "default" to test everything. It worked. Now that he has his mod up I will see what happens.

13 hours ago, Very said:

xvm convert {{v.type}} to "<font face='xvm'>&#x3A;</font>"

it shouldnt set font 

try to change {{v.type}} into {{v.type_key}}

Yeah, I wondered why it was converted. Changing this seemed to fix it at the moment. It's working for now. I'll let you know how it is working.

Edited by Sailorboy

Favourite tank = Primary tank from rightclick

image.png.caa1f04bbabc6ca8783ebb15dc301713.png>>>>>image.png.587be1c6decffe310ed3e3d25ac576ee.png

W dniu 8.03.2021 o 11:47, Sailorboy napisał(a):

The change is working just fine.

Good, files are updated in first post

Edited by Very
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Very

Hope all is well. Minor issue has popped up. The bottom line where the spot icon (light bulb) is, is missing. I'm getting a square instead. I looked at line 96 but can't seem to find the error. Any idea?

It was working before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Very changed the title to [XVM] Carousel by Very
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

the image not found errors, so I upgraded the syntax, so they don't try to load image when there is no point for it (mastery and camos), compare your lines there with mine, the rest is just from default xvm merged with yours, so there might be slight changes, up to you what number of rows you want to display 🙂

Here is comparision of my fixes:

Old: "cfg://Aslain/Very/mastery_{{v.mastery}}.png"

New: "{{v.mastery!=0?cfg://Aslain/Very/mastery_{{v.mastery}}.png}}"

Old: 

"../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageSummer}}.png" },
"../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageWinter}}.png" },
"../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageDesert}}.png" },

New:

"{{v.camouflageSummer!=0?../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageSummer}}.png}}" },
"{{v.camouflageWinter!=0?../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageWinter}}.png}}" },
"{{v.camouflageDesert!=0?../../gui/maps/icons/quests/prebattleConditions/{{v.camouflageDesert}}.png}}" },

Without that python.log is spammed with image errors, that new syntax is a must since couple years, previously there was no need, because python.log was not logging missing images.