Male and Female Portraits For Crews

As it stands right now, the mod pack for females is just that--it changes all of your crews in all tanks as females. However, I don't want all of my crews to be female; I just want some of the crews to be female. Is there a way to mix in male and female portraits, and as well have male and female names as well? I mean a female named Roger would sound funny...unless there is one, somewhere.

Mixing the names, so having female names for males, and vice versa, would be a task, since you'd have to edit the text files in the game, to achieve that.

As for only changing some of the crew instead of all.. would have to only change half the male portraits to female, and then you'd have to customize their profiles to pick the female ones instead.

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Mixing the names, so having female names for males, and vice versa, would be a task, since you'd have to edit the text files in the game, to achieve that.

As for only changing some of the crew instead of all.. would have to only change half the male portraits to female, and then you'd have to customize their profiles to pick the female ones instead.

Yeah, it would be a task, but it could be done since basically it is already a feature ingame: we have female crews and females can be mixed with males. I think the only reason it's never been done in mod is, as said, it is quite a task. Given that it is already built in ingame, IMO it's only a matter of really committing to it. I'm no programmer though so those who make mods might have better insight into it.

Yes, actually that's my thought: change half of the roster so that half of the portraits are males and half females. Again, might be a task but IMO it is already inherent ingame anyway so it's just a matter of committing to it. IMO of course.

Maybe it could be possible with a script file to do some fiddling with it and having it "automated" without too much more work.

Other than that - it's more of a "copy/paste" job really.. the portraits themselves would be one-off job to do..

The names would be a "copy/paste" kinda thing too - would need updates if the name files are updated, they usually are once a month roughly, due to Prime Gaming packages for example adding new commander names.