i'm still having the same exact issues since 1.8 update or smth like in this topic(except the no.2 perhaps):
1902 bugs topic

i just ran the repair again and it had to download the same 4MB of repair files again, but when should i create the logs then to sort all of this stuff out?

theres also another issue remaining:
7) when i press the Ctrl key while zoomed in, then the dpi of the mouse goes to 400 or smth and the crosshair moves like a snail (it doesnt even matter if i ping something on the minimap or not)
and the only way to get rid of it is to press the Shift key 2 times to get out of the zoom and then get back into it... which screws up atleast 4-5 shots every game...

(i probably have the 1921.#1 pack installed, but i'm going to install the #13 pack soon)

8) the Spotted messenger had an issue through many updates where i edited all of the spotted messages and removed the tick from "platoon chat only", but it still wouldnt post any messages into the general chat or would actually post the default message, instead of the message that i just edited it into...

Edited by kolkhoznik666
  • 1 month later...

1) the minimap randomly stops working completely (usually in a grand battle) and then i cant even use the + and - zoom buttons in a regular game after that.

and when the map stops working(usually in the very first grand battle actually) it also gives a "defeat" sound after 1-2 minutes every time (the sound that usually appears when the game was lost at the end) - this has been going on since the very first 1.10 update or maybe even earlier

2) most of these are also issues still(there is not even any white circle and i can only see a yellow one):

logs attached (created right after 2nd grand battle where the map probably worked, but did not zoom at all during the last regular battle)

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

i even did a repair again before installing the #13 update and it downloaded somekind of 4mb of files again and "repaired" it...

3+) it always messes up the view order of other players after my own tank has been shot - aka when i want to view/speactate other players in my team 1 mouse click sometimes makes 2-3 clicks or smth and sometimes none at all or smth and its a bit annoying to shuffle through all of the names if i dont even know how many clicks it makes....
this only happens when a modpack is active, so it's definitely and issue with the modpack itself - and this has been going on for a year atleast already...

(i just didnt notice it before because i had the modpack installed most of the times)

Edited by kolkhoznik666
  • 6 months later...

1) i dont have any time to create a topic or logs, but the new 1.12 pack does not even count alive tanks properly - it always shows +1 tank for some team in totally random order and when the last one is also destroyed, it still shows that 1 tank is alive lol (in the top team HP bar)

2) it does not show the colorful team scores for Ranked Battles most of the times and only like once in 15-20 battles or smth... so i cant even tell what position gives you chevrons and what position loses a chevron etc... just because it doesnt show the overall score table with colorful arrows etc....

3) "1st line tank name" and "2nd line player name" still shows the 2 things totally in reverse order from my actual selection...

4) the outer red line was probably missing in the last 15b pack....

Edited by kolkhoznik666

6) when a tank is destroyed, it now somehow gives the same exact sound for both teams(like a radio going static), but it was like a different sound for the enemy team before, so why has this changed suddenly... now it basically sounds like you are going to lose every battle, because all of the tanks 'lose the radio signal' now...

7) there was probably 1 more thing, but i can't even remember it atm...

8) the new segmented/type tank bar at the top never even showed up after the update, even while placing the new settings in game and outside game, so what is wrong with that all the time... in another pc i even downloaded the whole 50gb of files again, just to get all files in fresh, but even that have the same exact top hp bar issues, even after doing the check/repair... (the bar dissapears after every micropatch too, when there is no modpack seen by the game...)

some points are simple to explain
XVM will "overwrite" some ingame features, if you want the new segment that the battle score panel gets divided do not install XVM team hp bars/colored.

so you will have to figure out what you want from the game itself and the XVM features.
i can advice to reduce some things, test in a replay if you like it or not, then you can always make changes later on, adding things.

hope this helps out for some of your points

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

it happens too often recently, so i cant in any way be spotted for 18+ seconds and not even get an alert for it

this logs i first got spotted and then it timed out, but then 2 artys started to shoot me in a totally different position like 20 meters away (behind some building wrecks)

and after i moved from that new spot a bit more, i prolly got spotted like 10 more meters away again... so the middle part where they shot me could have easily been the buggy part

i can also post some really suspicious situations, becuz this one could have been some guess shots....

and why does the enemy even dissapear in the middle of a totally flat field then? every time after 10 seconds and mostly even some really big heavy tanks, in totally open field... so how can i even be spotted constantly in a medium tank

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

• Aslain changed the title to bugs

Would have been nice with some timestamps for this particular replay :grimace:

Going to assume it's at like 11:something, when the AMX 30 B fires after you?

He likely kept you spotted, since your rear were showing in clear line of sight towards his position, when he hits you at the rock.. and then when you move from there, the time matches the "timer" of being spotted still counting down when they fire after you on the road.. and some of those could be blinds too, due to predictable reversing.

how do heavy tanks dissapear in the middle of even closer distances then? or does that depend on some random Rng and certain maps too then?
like imost of the times i have to reverse back behind the bush after 8 seconds to then drive back into the bush on the 11th second, because otherwise the opponent will just dissapear somewhere on the open field, even if i dont even move inside the bush at all... and when they then get too close by being totally invisible, then i myself will be spotted instead, because i tried to move between the transparent/non-transparent foilage(1-2 meters), lol...

and i might even have best examples of this too somewhere...

Edited by kolkhoznik666

They would "disappear" (aka, be de-spotted), if they are no longer spotted. Just like any other tank would, if they are not spotted.

If you reverse behind a bush, so the bush is no longer transparrent, you are adding that bushs camo to the target you're trying to spot.

This isn't bugs, this is just how the spotting system works?

yeah i know that, but i probably just think that i have to reverse then - and because it actually does dissapear within 35-50 meters totally randomly after every 10 seconds, then i actually try to respot them with reversing+forwarding into the transparency again, but by that time, they are already gone somewhere else already... but the main point is - how can they even dissapear in the middle of an open field even while moving in the first place !!?? (so that i wouldnt even have to think that i have to reverse+forward again to respot them)

so i basically cant even spot them via a transparent bush while they are moving, but i even get spotted behind a rock all the time, lmao!! (plus moving behind a bush too ofc).

and most of the times this happens on prokhorovka and in the center street of siegfried line (and behind rock = that big shipwreck map here light tanks can drive up onto it from both sides of the map...)

Edited by kolkhoznik666

Again - they "disappear" because are no longer spotted by anyonre. Someone has to keep it spotted, or it'll "vanish" after the timer is up. That's how the system works.

If you're spotted "behind a rock", there's an angle where they can actually spot you, or a tiny bit of your tank is sticking out.

Some bushes provide no camo as well, "fake bushes" are annoying, but WG thinks thats how to solve certain strong positions.

If you have a replay if a "disappearing" tank, I'll gladly look at it, but I don't expect to see anything weird other than no-one is keeping eyes on it. :confused:

ok, i would say that they always diisapear in 100-150 meters then (which is a lot more irl than in the game then....)
or someone might even measure the exact distance in the siegfried map if i am near the middle base(near the rock pile, after i have pushed the tree next to it), looking down the center street where the old car sits in the middle, and the tank dissapears even in front of that old car, next to the building that is there... and then dissapears behind that building when i try to respot them again with reversing etc...

Edited by kolkhoznik666

Could you at least add time stamps like I asked, if you're posting replay? :)

Watched the start.

You clearly get blindshotted in a very obvious position twice by the Bat Chat.

And you were spotted the second time you get shot later in the battle.

Could you stop posting this as "bugs", when it's not. :)

ye, the first top bush was regular blind shoot, but it starts from 12.00 after the ebr falls over - i get spotted, then despotted after 10 second timeout, but 50m still shoots me 2 times while i did not even get a new spotted alert.

and im only saying this becuz every other tank on every map just dissapears after every 10 seconds and then someone has to spot it again, even on totally open field. and most of the time this happens to huge heavy tanks, while other types just get away with it, because noone even shoots them lol, and they just vanish after the first 10 seconds. so u basically just have a better chance to respot the huge heavy ones (i probably have to plug in my old hdd to get examples of those...)

but the main bug still is - if i get a campaign mission fulfilled, it only shows me some "u missed an important event" notification in the bottom right, while it usually opened up the important event screen every time i got it - so now i have to open it manually every time

Edited by kolkhoznik666

I think I already said the timer isn't exactly 10 seconds. Wargaming even says so. And after that, they've added boosters to INCREASE that time.

I still don't see any issues in that replay.

If you want some more insight into what is happened. You're getting spotted at around 11:46 by the T-100 LT. It's keeping you spotted for several seconds. It's not until you LEAVE THIS SPOTTING, that the timer would actually start. So there you go.

Edited by Quaksen
Added explanation of game mechanics and what is happening at that particular time.

i probably get that, but does "leave" also mean stopping on the spot on the 8-9th second, so that the spotter won't spot your movement on the 10-11th second again? because that is excatly what all of the heavy tanks are basically doing then... (even on totally open field...)

Edited by kolkhoznik666

The spotter wouldn't have spotted them, even if they didn't stop... if they vanish 10 seconds after - the spotter already left the spotting area, and wouldn't be keeping them spotted.

If the spotter has eyes on them - and then stop (and not moving = more camo) - then they might have enough camo to avoid getting spotted - at that point, the 10 seconds timer start...

So... yeah. And it's not 10 seconds confirmed, don't think WG ever really said it's exactly that, and it can be changed these days with equipment for example.