Remove player panel tank icons

rez720

I can't seem to find an option to just remove the tank icons in the players panel. I see there are tons of mods to change them, but not to remove them. I really don't need to know what tier\class\shape any of the vehicles are anymore. Is there a way to do this? Is it really obvious and I am just not seeing it?

shot_011.jpg

• Administrator

There is no option in the modpack to remove the icons indeed, nobody asked for it last 10 years.

You have to manualy edit config files (depending on the mod you have installed you may encounter of those):

res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\playersPanel.xc

res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_medium.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_short.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_medium2.xc
res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\PP\playersPanel_large.xc

Find those lines and set them like here:

"vehicleIconOffsetXLeft": -500,
      "vehicleIconOffsetXRight": -500,

Thanks for the reply Aslain I really appreciate it. I'm shocked and honored to be the first to ask 😲

That kinda worked. It got rid of the icons, but the roman numerals for the tier remain. It's definitely exactly what I asked for. I just assumed the numerals were part of the icons lol.

I messed with it and figured this out:

"vehicleLevelOffsetXLeft": 0,
      "vehicleLevelOffsetXRight": 0,

Should be this:

"vehicleLevelOffsetXLeft": -500,
      "vehicleLevelOffsetXRight": -500,

Does res_mods\configs\xvm\Aslain\playersPanel.xc change much? Can I just save it and replace the copy that comes with each update? Or is there a better way apply this after each update?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate you and what you do so much.

Edited by rez720
  • Administrator

To remove roman tiers, you simply uncheck them in the game options, it's also possible via config, but who needs it if you can do it with a simple click in the menu 🙂

If you want to install custom mods, you can use c:\Games\World_of_Tanks_NA\Aslain_Modpack\Custom_mods\

(pack your mod in zip with full path starting with res_mods or mods). The installer will always install your custom mods as the last step of the installation.