WG's Team Panel HP Bars Not Displaying Correctly

I'm not sure if this still an XVM issue, or if it's just happening to me. I've searched and can't find anything about XVM not playing right with these HP bars, except for right after the patch. But it seems to be cleared up by now.

I've been using the game's health bars on the team panel with alt. They don't always display properly. Sometimes they stop short on the screen edge side. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to this. And it can change throughout the battle as well. The first screenshot is at the start of the battle and the other two are later in the battle.

I disabled all the XVM related mods and everything was fine without XVM. So it's definitely related to XVM. Which makes me wonder, is it still a XVM thing or do I need to clean all the mods out and repair the client? Asking first just to save time if I don't need to do all of that. I did try just a repair of the client, but it didn't change anything.

Attached a log too, just in case.

bars001.jpg

bars002.jpg

bars003.jpg

Aslains_WoT_Logs.zip

Edited by Elephant Rider
  • Administrator

Tried to reproduce it, but _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf isn't matching the _Aslains_Installer_CompList.log, so I couldn't check the same case, therefore I only selected same panels like you have and I encountered no issue.

Anyway. There is some problem with vanilla HP bars on the right side of panel only, and it's related to XVM, but your issue is different. I cannot do anything about it, so if it's a problem, don't use vanilla bars and use xvm bars instead.

You can try to send me current .inf file + replay from this battle on your screenies for further check.

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. I have no idea why the inf and the log wouldn't match.

Here's the replays and the inf. The top screenshot is from Ensk and the bottom two are from Paris.

Also, while I was looking for the replays, I found what appears to be a fix. I had alt-tabbed out of a replay to make sure I was getting the correct file. When I went back to the replay, my panels had changed to small. So I ctrl-tabbed to set them back to large. It was a good thing this happened, because I noticed when you ctrl-tab to change the size of the panels, it redraws the HP bars and then they display correctly. I played a battle to check this out, and the redrawn bars stayed correct for the rest of the battle. Of course, it was just one battle so I can't be certain that it stays for the whole battle every time.

20210628_2333_ussr-R19_IS-3_112_eiffel_tower_ctf.wotreplay _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf 20210628_2255_ussr-R19_IS-3_06_ensk.wotreplay

I can confirm this same .  After reading this noticed same thing left side bar was short from left in 2 tanks.  Next 4 games ok. Seems weird. I use both bars game and   xvm same time at the moment just for testing..Ill take maybe games own away , because they dont show exact hp  anyway.

This is really more for anyone else with this issue that comes across this thread.

Finally got time to delete all the mod folders and anywhere settings would be saved and repair the client. It did not fix this issue.

I'll just continue to use the work around of changing the panel size in game to force it to redraw the HP bars. Also, this does not make them stay 100% redrawn throughout every battle. Every great once in a while it will go wonky in the middle of a battle and you have to force it to redraw again. But, it works for now at least until whatever is causing the conflict wit XVM eventually works itself out or I go back to the bars with numbers on them that show on alt. I just wish I could still split the vanilla damage log while using those.

• 1 year later...