Mod interfering with Replays

Hello Aslain,

this one is actually kind of old since it did happens to me at least 5 months ago, but only now I did realize it was a mod's fault and not WG's doing.

DESCRIPTION: since at least version 10.0 every time I see a replay my HUD interface is completely missing:

- minimap

- team and enemy lineups on the sides

- OTM markers on the actual ships

- aiming cross-air

- cruise interface in the lower left

- all icons of weapons and consumables in the lower center

The only exception is Damage Meter.

The shortcuts CTRL+J (or even the old CTRL+G) doesn't work as well as ESC to access the in-game preferences.

So today I tried with res_mods folder removed and the HUD was back. Not all of it, but I could press ESC and access the setting whereas I could toggle on the last missing options like "Alternative Mode" and a few "Show" this or that.

Please note that when I normally play the game, these options are already on, but it looks like that when I watch replays, the game uses a different Preferences file.

Maybe also the mods are fine and just this file got corrupted.

Thanks in advance for any insight about this mystery.

Cheers

Aslains_WoWs_Logs.zip

Good to know about the smoke indicator. I'll see if that changes something to me.

Otherwise the other option to watch replays without mods, was something I had already considered and certainly will do.

I just wanted to let you know about it. Maybe in the future, after WG itself addresses the issue of the dreadful current state about replays...

Thank you

• Administrator

In the past there was one more mod that prevented the replay to be played, it was Score Time, but it got fixed when the author reworked this mod. As for smoke timer, I informed the author about it, but he cannot find the cause.

• Upvote 1