Session Stats causing bugged Battle Results behavior

For the last few patches many folks have reported problems with the Battle Results screen not displaying and sometimes when you click on the battle summary from port it says the battle wasn't in the current session.

Turning off Session Stats prevents this problem.

See this Reddit post for more info: 

7 minutes ago, Nordberg said:

Session stats is an Aslain mod feature? I don't see anything like this in config.

There are two variants in Aslain's mod pack. No idea who the author is, but most are done by Lesta devs.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Capt_Oveur:

Come on guys, this horse was flogged to death many times already. It's a known WG bug, happens mostly when there were CVs in the battle, WG is working on it, they promised it's gonna be fixed in 0.10.7. Cheers!

That's a statement I can live with.

18 hours ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Come on guys, this horse was flogged to death many times already. Nothing to do with mods, it's a known WG bug, happens mostly when there were CVs in the battle, WG is working on it, they promised it's gonna be fixed in 0.10.7. Cheers!

That may be, but I assure you that turning off Session Stats cured this problem for me, which was happening at the end of virtually every match.

There may indeed be an underlying problem that manifests itself in other ways, but if you are plagued by this problem, try turning off Session Stats. It works.

Symptoms of the problem I had: long delays  at the end of every match before being dropped into port without seeing the Battle Results screen. Clicking on the results digest from the button on the lower right of the results screen sometimes fails to even bring up the results, claiming the battle occurred in another session.

If you are having this problem and have Session Stats enabled, turn it off and the bad behavior will stop.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:47 AM, Kasmir said:

That may be, but I assure you that turning off Session Stats cured this problem for me, which was happening at the end of virtually every match.

There may indeed be an underlying problem that manifests itself in other ways, but if you are plagued by this problem, try turning off Session Stats. It works.

Symptoms of the problem I had: long delays  at the end of every match before being dropped into port without seeing the Battle Results screen. Clicking on the results digest from the button on the lower right of the results screen sometimes fails to even bring up the results, claiming the battle occurred in another session.

If you are having this problem and have Session Stats enabled, turn it off and the bad behavior will stop.

I have stopped using the Session Stats mod just to see how wrong you were.

Well, you were right.    WHID.gif.1705bc2c9c6d8995766ceeda871d4bdd.gif

So then the bug WG admitted and found must be in the API that Session Stats is using.

• 3 weeks later...