Crashing during sync'ing of garage, occurs on multiple PCs.

Hey good evening,

I've found that my game client continuously crashes during the synchronizing of the garage. Removing the mod pack does not correct the issue, only a full reinstall of the game. Last crash occurred at 10:54PM EST. It experienced this on multiple pcs, exact same Aslain's configurations but of course different physical hardware. Sometimes it works on the other PC randomly. I'm wondering if it is a sound mod causing the issues?

Thanks,

Storm 

Logs.zip

3 hours ago, LTStorm07 said:

Hey good evening,

I've found that my game client continuously crashes during the synchronizing of the garage. Removing the mod pack does not correct the issue, only a full reinstall of the game. Last crash occurred at 10:54PM EST. It experienced this on multiple pcs, exact same Aslain's configurations but of course different physical hardware. Sometimes it works on the other PC randomly. I'm wondering if it is a sound mod causing the issues?

Thanks,

Storm 

Logs.zip 181.49 kB · 0 downloads

do you have overwolf installed on all pc's?
got some reports with the same explanation, "crashing randomly, mainly when loading garage"
for most of them removing OW had fixed their issue
 try to delete this file inside res_mods folder: mod_ow.pyc
and test if that fixes your issue

5 hours ago, Theolitius said:

do you have overwolf installed on all pc's?
got some reports with the same explanation, "crashing randomly, mainly when loading garage"
for most of them removing OW had fixed their issue
 try to delete this file inside res_mods folder: mod_ow.pyc
and test if that fixes your issue

I was able to test it on the PC the would sometimes work and I think you've got it. I removed the mod_ow.pyc and it hasn't crashed once. I guess it must be similar to what happened a few patches ago when Overwolf was causing the crashes. I will try it later on my other PC, but my guess is that you're correct that overwolf is the reason.

I m having conversation with Overwolf support at the moment , because game crashes at start (when click connect) , using older legacy version of overwolf doesnt crash game.  They said some mod is maybe causing it. Im trying to investigate what mod is causing this. If you disable overlays (or mods) it doesnt crash. This crashing started before this latest wot update, and was not fixed when Overwolf got updated while ago. The teamspeak overlay was also having some problems to launch but it was somehow fixed with Overwolf 0.176, but that crashing was not fixed. If anyone has information what mod maybe causing this crash, let me know.

Edited by Ma7rix