Score Timer missing

• 2 weeks later...

One of the most useful mods was the one that showed how much time remained to victory for each side based on cap point accumulation. It's still missing. I notice that in ModStation there's still a checkbox for it but it is grayed out, so I assume there's a serious problem getting it working.

Any prognosis for its return?

BTW I like the idea of still displaying non-functioning mods; I was losing my mind over this until I thought to check ModStation, where it's clear the mod is still non-functional because it's grayed out and not selectable.

Every time someone asks about the mod, it's postponed even further! (No idea if it is.. lol)

But yeah, if/when it's updated, it'll be back right away... the mod author hasn't updated it.. maybe vacation, maybe they quit, noone knows right now...

Also: Hi signature thief! 😉 Hehe... but it's a good one to have, it tricks some people though, since they don't always realize it's not part of the post and not directed specifically at them.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this will be my first foray into modding this game I was hoping to get some sense of what goes into this mod. Things may very well be different enough that it will be a complete rewrite but at least I will have some sense of where to start.

Thanks for the file, I'll take a look at this.

• Like 1
  • Aslain changed the title to Score Timer?
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, it's been a while, now, without the Score Timer mod.

I see the answer given here is moslty "if and when it will be updated"

Can the developer be contacted to have an ETA for its restoration?

Or a "no, I'm done with it" so we put the issue at rest

Uncertainty isn't helping anyone and it's a waste of time for you, because you'll keep receiving requests.

A simple message to the developer would go a long way

Thanks

@Capt_Oveur

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The author of the mod stopped modding a long time ago.  AFAIK he was contacted but can't update the mod. I  took a look at it, there's nothing wrong with the code of the mod but some variables don't get updated because of changes in the client. I could not fix it so I'm rewriting it. I can't work on it for the next few days (it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) I'll pick it up again next week.  The ETA is sometime next week  IF  I can do it at all. Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3
On 10/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, Capt_Oveur said:

The author of the mod stopped modding a long time ago.  AFAIK he was contacted but can't update the mod. I  took a look at it, there's nothing wrong with the code of the mod but some variables don't get updated because of changes in the client. I could not fix it so I'm rewriting it. I can't work on it for the next few days (it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) I'll pick it up again next week.  The ETA is sometime next week  IF  I can do it at all. Cheers!

THANK YOU SIR!!!

The "SCORE TIMER" Mod showed the time left to win and switched from the green to the red, or vice-versus each time the lead in the game changed or the points changed it reflected the added time to win, or reduced time to win.    I have not yet seen it and don't believe it was available in the last WoWs Update either.    Probably 85% to 90%+ of our clan battle players in our clan (BTLST) and the 4 other Clans in our United Warships Alliance (NKOTD,LARD, CCPLZ, & TYPH) used this invaluable Mod to keep track of how the battle was swinging back and forth and adapting our play to win (hopefully)!     Any insight you may have on if this mod will be returning would be greatly appreciated.