Antivirus Detection - Heur.AdvML.B

• Administrator

Also every anti-vir database is changing with their update, and av usually makes updates every day. So they can sometimes add something like that to their detection engine, and it's causing false-positives like this case and every other case from the past.

Funny thing is that so many people blindly trust to av software, that they rather skip this modpack version rather than install this. Later, after a while, they download a new version of the modpack, which is no longer tagged with a virus, and think to themselves: "very good that I waited, this modpack version has no virus anymore". Which only keeps them thinking like that...

• Like 1

I'm getting the same warning and it's quarantining & LOCKING ME OUT of installing the download entirely.

So what is the solution here? Do I EXCLUDE IT from the list or potential infections so it just ignores it or what?

Do I install the Aslain download or do I need to do something else first?

Not sure what to do here. I know the Heur.AdvML.B is not a virus or possible malware itself but rather the detection type used to find / locate said infections.

But still, I read the comments but don't see an obvious solutions here.

Is Aslain going to change something so this stops happening or is this more of a Norton issue????

Do I wait to install, or do I contact Norton, or do I EXCLUDE the download??

Little help pls :)

Candie ^..^ 

Unable to download direct from Aslains Mod page like always and or WoT Mod Hub...Not sure what is going on since the last patch 2 days ago, but this is what is going on at my end. Hope you have a suggestion, fix or solution as I really can't play Vanilla. Thanks

Capture.PNGwhy am I getting this.PNG

the constant message.PNG

Capture.PNG Aslains #1 day 2.PNG

Capture.PNGAslains #2 Day 2.PNG

4 minutes ago, Angel_Down said:

Unable to download direct from Aslains Mod page like always and or WoT Mod Hub...Not sure what is going on since the last patch 2 days ago, but this is what is going on at my end. Hope you have a suggestion, fix or solution as I really can't play Vanilla. Thanks

Merged your post. Read this thread 🙂

Thank you for taking the time out to help me Quaksen, I truly appreciate everything you've done to help. But my problem after an afternoon of trying different approaches it was after all Norton after all of this. I had to exclude Aslains from the Community Watch folder to get it to run. For the life of me, I haven't a clue how it happened that Aslains was even included...I may have done something, I don't know. But I'm back in business now and once again, Thank You, Angel_Down.

All,

I contacted Norton about this issue.  Unbelievably, they worked with me and were VERY responsive!  Here is a link to the thread for anyone who wants to know what I reported and what they responded with.

NORTON THREAD

Long story short...

They scanned the file and checked other sources and nothing came back.  Then they, get this, updated their software and included it to their live update. They instructed me to 

1. run live update manually
  2. run a quick scan
  3. run live update again
  4. download a fresh version of Aslain's mod pack
  5. load it...

It worked!!!!!

I never expected this kind of service from any big company.  Kuddos to Aslain as he is still the KING!!!!!  Nothing nefarious to report!

Edited by Chewmann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That is usually how it ends up going, Aslain has in the past sent his modpack to some of the others when false positives popped up.

Not really sure they fix it on their end, maybe they just add some exclusion in their own software, but I doubt it's that simple 😄

• Aslain changed the title to Antivirus Detection - Heur.AdvML.B
  • Aslain locked this topic
34 minutes ago, Yorkie Dave said:

Norton AV also warns me of a Heuristic Virus.

I'm very sorry BUT theres somthing not right

The only thing that isn't right, is that Norton is being dumb. They already fixed it, if you read this thread. Try updating your Norton.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Yorkie Dave said:

Norton AV also warns me of a Heuristic Virus.

I'm very sorry BUT theres somthing not right when all the other mod packs load O.K.  i.e. WG Mods,  PRO Mods, and even https://protanki.tv/

you've been great over many years, BUT in this day, and age - with internet trouble's     

Many Thanks  and stay safe (in more ways than one)   yorkie

You sound like you haven't read this topic, and what one user who contacted Norton wrote about.

You should contact Norton and confirm that I am spreading viruses on my program if you do not trust my judgment.

My modpack is hosted by wargaming, do you think they would let players get exposed to the virus?

Do you really believe that I would expose hundreds of thousands of my modpack users to virus infection too?

So what if some other programs are not detected as infected with the virus? That doesn't prove anything...