Strange graphical artifacting on UI and Minimap

Just downloaded the 1.15 modpack and installed without making any changes to my setup. I've been working for about an hour trying to figure out how to make "Class colored icons on the score board" work. Instead of icons, I'm getting colored rectangles. Also, my minimap is really messed up... All of the tank icons are overlain with the same colored rectangles. 

Anyone have any idea how to fix these two problems?

646571828_ScreenHunter190.png.3f47d1ffa1d2d2678a0d3ffb4b2bb54a.png

100224041_ScreenHunter192.png.e3f074f5e5402fe4d52f7b169db9eb70.png

1291400487_ScreenHunter191.png.8e50882f7fb92331982c57a99f5ddd00.png

Thanks.

As an aside, when I play a replay, the icons and my minimap display normally. Not sure what this means, but it is what it is.

• Administrator

XVM font is used in those places, that font is bundled with XVM mod. Check if you don't have installed it with 3rd party modpacks/mods, search for XVM fonts in your system and delete all of them. There is also a chance that XVM is malfunctioning regarding that font, but it's not my doing, it has to be sorted out by the XVM devs (if its the case).

2 hours ago, ViperTC75 said:

Aslains analysis was correct for me ... xvm fonts were not installed.

Simply install them manually by doubleklicking the file ... they are in this directory:

\World_of_Tanks\mods\temp\com.modxvm.xfw.fonts\fonts

Restart game and all was fine for me.

ive got same problem but  i dont have that file in that folder

• Like 1

Well, thats not hte excat path, just an example ... for me it is actually:

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\mods\temp\com.modxvm.xfw.fonts\fonts\*.*

And there are 5 .ttf files in it - just doubleclick these and press install on the top.

The essential one might be the xvmsymbol.ttf

2 hours ago, ViperTC75 said:

And there are 5 .ttf files in it - just doubleclick these and press install on the top.

Thank you for guide. I solved the same problem due to your help.

22 hours ago, ViperTC75 said:

nope i cant find that folder 

this the only folder under temp i have 

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\mods\temp\com.modxvm.xfw.native

Edited by bubs79

Hello - I am a novice IT person but used the Modpack without problem for few months until last couple of days - recent update has changed the circular damage indicators to square blocks. Also the damage log Icons at the top of the screen are now a series of multi coloured square blocks - any help would be much appreciated - if it requires a complete uninstall is there an approved way to do this? (I have Windows 10 Machine, game version 1.15 update 04)

1074595794_2021-12-10(6).thumb.png.675049f3ec98af22153b2e42671199b6.png

• Aslain changed the title to Strange graphical artifacting on UI and Minimap
On 12/9/2021 at 7:43 AM, kurzweiler said:

Thank you for guide. I solved the same problem due to your help.

ive copied and installed all those files  , got my icons back  but  as above my mini map icons are boxes instead of circles ,  dont know y  these files arent installing ,  i run  modpack under admin rights and have no av installed

5 hours ago, Aslain said:

Someone should ask XVM devs, on their koreanrandom forums.

@bubs79 you need to remove all these fonts from the system. Especially XVMSymbol and its copies 

----

all fonts needed for the mod are installed automatically here \mods\temp\com.modxvm.xfw.fonts\fonts

got this from someone on the forum and it worked  so basically  go into yer  control panel  and settings  go to fonts and look for any fonts  that r linked to xvm and delete them  then reinstall the modpack.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
9 godzin temu, bubs79 napisał:

@bubs79 you need to remove all these fonts from the system. Especially XVMSymbol and its copies 

----

all fonts needed for the mod are installed automatically here \mods\temp\com.modxvm.xfw.fonts\fonts

got this from someone on the forum and it worked  so basically  go into yer  control panel  and settings  go to fonts and look for any fonts  that r linked to xvm and delete them  then reinstall the modpack.

It works! Thank you :)

this was also sent  which  fixes the minimap icons 

@bubs79 https://kr.cm/f/t/70275/c/512207/

- delete the two mods and res_mods folders

- clean the cach and restore the client

- install only one mod https://modxvm.com/ru/ sother-xvm/ (XVM 8.9.5.0006 TEST)

- check

I am totally confused now.  Last days I had the same problem with artifacting on UI and minimap. So I followed the fixing with installing the 5 fonts 

in the TEMP folder. Then it worked.

One day later it doesn't work anymore . When I try to install those 5 fonts again, the message "aleady installed" apperas. I installed them again.

No effect!

Ok the artifacting on UI is gone , but they are still on minimap. But the tanks which were spotted and are non visible now , only, all other are OK.

Any solution for that.

Edited by Rusty_Steel
1 hour ago, Rusty_Steel said:

I am totally confused now........

One day later it doesn't work anymore . When I try to install those 5 fonts again, the message "aleady installed" apperas. I installed them again.

No effect!

I now have the same problem - @bubs79 solution worked initially but i suspect another update has further changed the settings and now the previous font files are "unavailable" (see attachment)

Just wanted to check whether I should remove the mods, res_mods and res files and re install the mod pack?

2021-12-16 (1).png

I think my fonts folder has been directed to my C:\ drive whereas my WOT programme is installed on D:\ drive - whats the correct way to redirect the files? alternatively  how do you undertake a full uninstall / reinstall of the mod pack - sorry to ask but Im not great with PC's

1 hour ago, Rusty_Steel said:

I am totally confused now.  Last days I had the same problem with artifacting on UI and minimap. So I followed the fixing with installing the 5 fonts 

No effect!

Ok the artifacting on UI is gone , but they are still on minimap. But the tanks which were spotted and are non visible now , only, all other are OK.

Any solution for that.

u have to go into yer system settings  and delete all  5 fonts from xvm   , then reinstall modpack . seems to be a conflict when  u install fonts and then update modpack that they dont overwrite original fonts

fonts.thumb.png.b29615834896457cf5ed96c9a8d35a16.png

14 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

u have to go into yer system settings  and delete all  5 fonts from xvm   , then reinstall modpack . seems to be a conflict when  u install fonts and then update modpack that they dont overwrite original fonts

fonts.thumb.png.b29615834896457cf5ed96c9a8d35a16.png

fonts u need to delete are xvm symbol damagelog   2  dynamic  , but wat i did is went through every font and deleted all non windows fonts

14 hours ago, Rusty_Steel said:

No effect!

Any solution for that.

there seems to be a problem with xvm installing fonts when the fonts are already  on yer system and u have to  delete all fonts from yer system before updating modpack  then going through the temp folder and installing each one again . its not 100% fixed as i still have missing fonts from the xvm damage log  and side of players panel as u can see in the screenshot. ive also noticed on the minimap   square icon and tank name is visible when  a tank becomes unspotted   which is weird as i dont have last spotted marker  selected

1111.png

Edited by bubs79
Hi there,

I just don't get it set that the tank symbols are in front of the number. 
Before I uninstalled your mod, it worked, but after the reinstallation it no longer works regardless of what I do. 
Can someone help me with that? And then I have another question ... Could / Would you maybe take the soundtrack "Out with the critters"
into the mod in the event of a kill? And last but not least, the hint ... If, for example, 
I choose the Predator as the open symbol with the associated soundtrack, 
the Predator symbol works but not the associated sound and so it is with all the sounds I choose.
I want the tank symbols and in front of each symbol the number of tanks in the game.

https://www.file-upload.net/download-14783499/Screenshot_35.png.html

Screenshot_35.png

Am 17.12.2021 um 01:55 schrieb bubs79:

there seems to be a problem with xvm installing fonts when the fonts are already  on yer system and u have to  delete all fonts from yer system before updating modpack  then going through the temp folder and installing each one again . its not 100% fixed as i still have missing fonts from the xvm damage log  and side of players panel as u can see in the screenshot. ive also noticed on the minimap   square icon and tank name is visible when  a tank becomes unspotted   which is weird as i dont have last spotted marker  selected

OK I found 4 fonts  (zurich not found but installed ????)  in the windows font folder. I removed them and installed them manually again.

For rnow it will work, BUT do I have to do that with every update of Aslain modpack ?

I tried to place the issue in the Korean Random forum  (home of XVM) but my comment comes to online. May someone try , too?