Improvements ideas about the installer.

Hi guys i am creating this one, because as usual there is some room for improvement and sharing the ideas and since there is no section for feedback i am putting it here:

1. Parents in the tree when installing, the text could be bold or colorful or both to offer a better visibility upon going through options.
       image.thumb.png.62b84c285c643cea506f8c4482be06bc.png

2. The enlarge options doesn't provide a high resolution picture, its only a small thumbnail that is not helpful in certain situations or readable.image.thumb.png.ef3e9bb9a0f26869bc9e7fc5cb1c3375.png

3. In Players panel parent there are some options down below that are restricted only to available panels, and for example i want to use them with default wargaming panels i cant because there is no such option. For example if i want to use show more visible frags with the default WG panels i cant because it will automatically selects random player panels.
image.thumb.png.79000f0e6508be99d0eb3cac45f6692c.png .

4. A search function to get faster to the point where the user wants in the list would be awesome. At the moment we need to get some fatigue on the eyes always scrolling and looking for what we want.

5. I am not sure if this is in already, i could not find it myself, the possibility to see the win ratio on the tanks from Tech Tree.

That's it for now, thank you for your great work and thank you for making time to read our suggestions, stay awesome!

Edited by SanKraN
Added 2 extra improvements.
  • SanKraN changed the title to Improvements ideas about the installer.
4 hours ago, SanKraN said:

2. The enlarge options doesn't provide a high resolution picture, its only a small thumbnail that is not helpful in certain situations or readable.

4. A search function to get faster to the point where the user wants in the list would be awesome. At the moment we need to get some fatigue on the eyes always scrolling and looking for what we want.

2: Well, it says "Enlarge", not "Open high resolution picture".. the modpack would be stupid in size if it had high res pictures for previews. Enlarge is there because some pictures might not fit inside the preview window itself and enlarge would show the original size, though most are made to fit the preview window, and enlarge button is probably a default software thing.

4: At the moment, there is a search function that can be used, once modpack has been used once, you'll end up having:

\World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Components_List.txt
And you can use that to search with, since the position will match inside the modpack. No need to get "fatigue" looking at everything.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, Aslain said:

The idea for the Enlarge button was to display a bigger and hi res image, but to preserve the .exe size I don't use hi res images, so in the most cases you will see no difference if you click on it. 

It's now 3 or 4 years I'm happily using your mod
4 different computers, and three W10 afresh reinstall on this one in last 18 months.

Thanks to this thread I discovered there is an "enlarge" button ... hidden

image.thumb.png.4c95ef371047dc1bcac050b108909321.png

Can you look into that ?

Thanks !!

Alain

On 1/9/2022 at 10:46 PM, Quaksen said:

I think you can right click the modpack, and in properties, turn off scaling for that program itself.

How can I do that??
no "scaling" options that I knows about

OK 
I'ts under High DPI > And I set it to system (enhanced)

image.thumb.png.3634e96b064fc7b5a8d89cdb2923fa04.png

A bit larger !!!
Thanks

Now I have to remember that,  every

time I launch an update

Alain

7 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Edited by AlainCh2

yesssssSir
THANKS

It's easier now to understand what a feature does.

4 years never saw it.

It's not so easy to do it btw...
I'm used to launch the exe directly from the browser download automatically

( may be a warning or an installer parameter will do the trick? )

Alain 

Edited by AlainCh2
  • 2 weeks later...

Adding fold/unfold options to the installer tree would ease to find/change what one needs, I would appreciate it a lot, this scrolling is very annoying. +1 to search/find option also.

@Aslain what is the technology used to create the installer? I work for IT company, maybe I will find the volunteer programmer, who might help to modify it. The more you tell me what is used to build it, the more chances I'd find one.

On 1/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, Quaksen said:

4: At the moment, there is a search function that can be used, once modpack has been used once, you'll end up having:

\World of Tanks\Aslain_Modpack\Components_List.txt
And you can use that to search with, since the position will match inside the modpack. No need to get "fatigue" looking at everything.

15 minutes ago, jumper456 said:

+1 to search/find option also.

1 hour ago, Quaksen said:

Yeah it's great, and since the other thing isn't a possibility until someone can code a new installer, then it's neat to have 🙂 

Yes....
May be an ordinal number in installer,
that reflect an ordinal number in list

so we can address #242 Aslain's option when speaking with friends

That would it be the best

( hopefully  without rewriting to much ?? )

@Quaksen thanks for reply, it will be some help to search the txt file, better than nothing, but still need to scroll half a day to find the option 😉 Have you (or Aslain) got the source code of the installer, so it can be modified, or you do need the completly new one (as there is no source code or rights to modify it/ etc) to add any new functions to installer? 

1 hour ago, AlainCh2 said:

Pretty sure if descriptions are open, the component number is shown, not sure that helps.

Just now, jumper456 said:

@Quaksen thanks for reply, it will be some help to search the txt file, better than nothing, but still need to scroll half a day to find the option 😉 Have you (or Aslain) got the source code of the installer, so it can be modified, or you do need the completly new one (as there is no source code or rights to modify it/ etc) to add any new functions to installer? 

You shouldn't need to scroll half a day. When you search in the text file - look on the scroll bar to the right side - that position will match in the modpack, since the text file is a full list in order the same as it is in the modpack 🙂

Aslain has it - but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a brand new one - since the existing probably cannot do it even with heavy modifications.. but not sure on that.

@Quaksen ok ok 🙂 thanks for help with this txt file, surely it is fine to have it. 

About the source code of the old installer, let me know if you (or @Aslain) really have it and what is it (what tool or in which langage/platform is it written if it is not made with any "off the shelf" tool for making installers). I will try to find programmer if it is not something really rare.

7 minutes ago, jumper456 said:

About the source code of the old installer, let me know if you (or @Aslain) really have it and what is it (what tool or in which langage/platform is it written if it is not made with any "off the shelf" tool for making installers). I will try to find programmer if it is not something really rare.

Aslain has the source code.

It's Inno Setup as far as I remember.

Pretty sure Inno Setup cannot do the things that have been requested, like the in-modpack search, but don't quote me on that 😛

Maybe it can, just needs the coder that can do it.

Aslain will probably drop by with a message here when he can 🙂 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Quaksen said:
9 hours ago, AlainCh2 said:

Pretty sure if descriptions are open, the component number is shown, not sure that helps.

8 hours ago, jumper456 said:

Thanks for your reply but, sorry,  I miss your meaning 😞 

"description are open" > "comp. number shown"

???

Alain

3 hours ago, Aslain said:

MNtux0q.png

So simple, that nobody knows it !!!!

No wonders ... in Medias it's never mentioned
when somebody refer to a specific option on your pack!!!

It's >< mumble gumble >< ... somewhere here... and partial screenshot.

Example immages copied into Aslain root may be an interesting information

I'll provvide to spread the knowledge !!!
Thanks

Alain

image.thumb.png.2299cbe5375454e279633c4e6c299556.png
( English version available )

Edited by AlainCh2
  • Upvote 1