perspective lock - tank becomes independant of view

Switched to using Odem Mortis Modpack for now. Using MeltyMath sights, 30X max zoom, AA indication, AA Extended.  Basically, all the mods one might expect to be related to this issue either by function or troubleshooting reports. I am having the occasional crash to desktop, on particular maps only, (haven't figured out triggering factor yet), but the camera/turret/mouse issue has not occured for me with that pack. I think it's likely the combination of mods I have selected, rather than that pack being immune, but just wanted to let you know that I am using some of the suspect mods via that pack and this issue is not occuring there.

I DON'T have BalCalc activated, not sure if it's not part of the pack, or I didn't select it.

Here is the log of mods installed using that pack, in case the comparisson helps narrow down the offending mod(s):

WoT at same Folder: YES
Collection version: 0.9.7
Current Date and Time 26.04.2015 20:50
ModPack Installer version 1.2.6.2 / Built Date: 16.04.2015 19:28:03
DefList 1
Clear res_mods Folder: YES
---------
CleanInstallation
XVM Section
 XVM Main Files v6.1.0-dev 4200 enable statistics and winrate on xvm website http://www.modxvm.com
  XVM ClanIcons
   FULL NA-Server 2015-04-20
 OMC XVM Config 2015-03-13
  Minimap Extension
   HP and Tanknames
    All
   show lost Enemy (last known position)
  Over Target Marker Extension
   OM Edition
    QuickColorMarker ENABLE
    Focus/Support Marker DISABLE
  PlayersPanel and Statistic Display (Battleloading + Tab Window)
   OM Edition
    with HP-Bars
     Big
   Highlight own and squad VehicleIcons
  OMC starting Battle Logo DISABLE
  Colorscale
   Wotlabs OLD - WN8 scale (6 Colorsteps)
 LogIn
  Autologin ENABLE
  Skip Intro ENABLE
  Save last Server ENABLE
 Tank Carousel
  1 Row
  show BattleTier
  show Tank Mastery
  show Winrate
  show Battles
  show Average Damage
  show WN8 effective tank damage (avgdmg / expected_dmg)
 Battle Results Window by default
  Team Score
SixthSense SoundMod
 OMC signal (12 sec)
Sixth Sense Icons
 yellow warning sign
Contour Tank Icons
 PNG Style light ContourIcons
Crosshairs
 Crosshair Arcade & Scope/Sniper view
  MeltyMaps MathMod
Enhanced Penetration Indicator includes enemy tank angle into penetration calculation
 With Number - shows difference in penetration (effective armor - average penetration)
GunConstraints SPG/AT
 MeltyMaps blue Type
Serverside Crosshair
 MeltyMapsMathMod
Zoom
 ZoomOut Configs
  max 500m
 ZoomIn Configs
  x10
   Zoom factor 0.9-30
 Zoom Level Indicator
 Mouse Wheel behavior
  with Mousescroll to Sniperscope
Damage Panel
 Soulzas Hybrid Damage Panel (for res 1920x1080)
Damage Indicator
 DamageIndicator by qdly
InfoPanel (Target Informations) (only alive enemy)
 by masheene v2
Effective armor calculation from MeltyMap's MathMod 094.02
BattleShell Cooldown Button Mods
 exact reloadtimes
Spot Messenger v2015-02-15 (chat message: "Spotted at.." )
 Default mod activation status
  Default activated - deactivate with F11
 Works in the following Battle Modes
  Random
   in platoon chat only
 Works in the following Tank Types
  Tank Destroyer
  Medium Tank
  Heavy Tank
  Light Tank
  Artillery
Received Damage Announcer v2.5 by Omegaice
 NA-Version (restricted - only spotted enemies)
Armoring Extended - Display Blocked Damage v1.08
Spotted Extended (Firefly Mod) v2.03
Battlescore Display
 Team HP Pools v094 by Locastan
Enemy Direction Mods
 ATAC! (warning if enemy spotted behind you + distance)
 Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle + Enemy ViewDirections on Minimap
  Minimal - Spotted vehicle direction on aim circle only
 Direction Indicator Extended - shows nearest enemy (green) and if they can shoot you  (purple)
Aiming Help
 for disappeared tanks
  Advanced Aiming System Beta - saves last position of spotted tank stops twitching of crosshair when aiming at an disappeared tank
 for spotted tanks
  Autoaim Indication+  (disable whole mod with F10) standard ingame autoaim now works on nearest vehicle to actual aiming circle displays that autoaim on an enemy is enabled
  Autoaim Extended v2.04 displays your autoaim target
   Red
Chat Modification
 BattleMessenger - Chat filter & antispam - v2.7.6
Safeshot
 Config friendly fire allowed / 1 sec no corpse shot
Progress Indicator Text Mod improvement of results and achievements progress visibility
Highlight selected Tank in Tank Carousel
 Blue
Crew Exp Extended v3.07
 English
Vehicle Exp Extended v2.01
 English
Quest Extended v1.07 automatic individual missions activation based on tank type
Detailed Tank Tooltips
Map Textures
 Minimaps
  HD Minimap (only the Maps) by locastan
Ammo, Shell, Consumables and Equipment Icons
 Ammo and Equipment Icons by Grandpa
Hangar Icons
 Hangar Crew Icons
  Female Crew Mod
Visibility Modifications
 Mav's Ultra Fog Remover
Loadingscreen Maps with Battletactics 9.6
TrainWagons
 Train Wagon Visibility Mod by locastan
BaseCap Circles
 Version 4
Gold Ammo Visibility Mod by lgfrbcsgo (APCR/HEAT)
 Silver/Gold
Colored penetration and ricochets on Tanks
Dead White Tanks (NO use in ESL!)
Voice Addons
 UT voices by Locastan Generation 0.9.4a and 3min, 1min, 30sec counter
no SoundMod

I am having most of the same problems the rest of you are listing here. Tried OMC pack last night and most of the same problems listed here happened to me in OMC, too.

The zoom-in turret freeze is debilitating, but like another poster here, I figured out how to get out of it, albeit dangerously - just start driving and in a few meters (I think about 75 meters for me, as I remember) your zoom will unfreeze and you can go back to arcade mode.

Either both OMC and Aslain missed something (which Aslain cannot check until Europe gets 9.7) or something is new in 9.7 that is confounding modders atm.

OMC is a great mod, but Aslain's is the greatest. Aslain's type is larger and easier to read than OMC's and Aslain has a 60X Zoom, OMC does not. Aslain's also supports his mod a bit better and with more personal service.

I am confident Aslain will fix this stuff and I thank him for doing all this work so I don't have to!

Keep it up, Aslain!

De-selected all mods -

Aim Helping mods
            AutoAim Indication+
            Autoaim extended v2.04 by spoter [DLC]
(use with care, the mod may cause issues on some computers!)
         Spotted extended v2.03 by Spoter (buggy, live wrecks etc, use at your own risk!)
         Spot indicators
            Direction indicator extended v1.06 by Spoter
         Armoring extended v1.07 by Spoter
         Realtime Achievement Announcer (RTAN) by Aim_drol
            Battle Assistant for SPG
               triggered by both 'G' and 'Mouse-wheel' button
         Tank gun directions on minimap (illegal on NA server)
            Show on enemy vehicles
            Show on allied SPG's
            Show on allied TD's
            Show spotting indicator
         GTO's Penetration marker
            Mav's Ultra Fog Remover

And don't use koshnaranek script 

Still having same issue with screen lock.....

My camera became locked just now while zooming in on a T49. Was stuck in sniper mode and camera only moved along the ground. I will sometimes have control of my tank (but no turret control) and sometimes won't. I am able to fire and that's about it. Am obviously not able to hit anything though. This zoom error will happen every 2 to 5 battles for me and could be at any point in the game (near the start, mid or near the end).

I would guess that at this point it is a WoT problem and not an Aslain problem. It could be a mod problem that Aslain has in his pack but anything right now is probably guesswork.

Appreciate your hard work Aslain. I am just not going to play until there is a fix. It is very frustrating. The default WoT GUI stinks in my opinion and I would just rather not play with it. 

I've only tested this in six matches, but positive so far. I remapped Autoaim to a key, rather than the right mouse button. So far, no crashes. Need a lot more matches to know if it's coincidence or not, just thought I'd toss that out there.

I've had autoaim mapped to shift since WoT 9.6, so I doubt that's the issue.

I've had autoaim mapped to shift since WoT 9.6, so I doubt that's the issue.

Are you having crash to desktop occassionally when autoaiming?

Since remapping, no crashes, even on maps I know I was frequently crashing on before.

11 matches now since remap, no issues.

Could be a bug in the way the game handles mouse inputs, risidual from the engine they are using?

Need a break, but I'll keep testing. If this indeed fixes the crash on aotoaim for me, I'll reinstall the config for Aslain's that was causing my turret/zoom/camera lock and see if the bug returns.

(There could be more than on conflict or bug causing this issue. My current mix of mods has not had the stuck issue, even with out the remap, but the remap does seem to have had an effect on the crash issue).

Using a certain mod that cant be mentioned makes this error occur nearly every battle. Using the legal auto aim+ in combination with custom crosshairs also produces the error in varying forms every few battles.

In tanks it happens one of three ways for me:

Third person view:

Switching between auto locked targets for shooting n scooting, it will invariably at some point lock the turret in place and the tank itself will stop responding to any controls. It will continue to drive in the last direction it recieved input from, until battle ends or I die. Alt+Tab while still alive to close client and restart causes the client to freeze on loading screen with a full loading bar, but you can hear the game without issues. Also if you move the mouse you can see some OTM markers fly around the battle loading screen. Not restarting the error persists in post-mortem mode, unable to change to other tanks view. Only waiting until battle ends allows you to control your client. I also note that unlike the old but rare meltymap bug where the reticle gets stuck on even while in the garage preventing you from moving the mouse, once you go to garage everything works normally.

Sniper view: 

The turret will lock and all turret controls stop responding but I can still control my tank. I am able to turn the camera to look around, but I am stuck in whatever xZoom I was. Using no scroll am unable to shift out of sniper, unable to scroll zoom level, left click does not produce any gun firing sounds. I recently finished a stronghold like this using the minimap to drive my tank on cap circle so I could at least be useful since I could no longer see or fire. This is where screen tearing occurs typically.

Batte Assistant Arty View:

The camera locks in place. Can not look around at all, tank still fully controllable. Was able to drive my arty across the map using mini-map, and could hear the gunfire when left clicking.

Have tried a vanilla client last night and the bug disappears during a 2 hour play session, can't play more than 5 games with mods. Completely deleted the folder and DL new client, tho I did not clear cache, and played for about 2 hours. Unable to reproduce. The first game after doing a clean install of 4.3.2 I got the first variety locking. If you are unable to reproduce I can direct you via PM to a certain illegal mod that will reliably produce it.

• Upvote 1

I have both autoaim+ (but not the two options under the first one), and Jimbo's sight mod. Clean install, cleared both caches. Was in a tier 4-6 game, 5 games in a row without problems. On the sixth game, perspective lock-up after attempting auto-aim. 

The bug is completely game breaking. 

I am running 4.3.3 in my T95. came across a waffle and mouse was disabled. Unable to turn my view on screen in 3rd person. No zoom. All mouse functions disabled. ouse is functional once I get back to garage when battle ends. I have come across this bug with 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 also.

python.log attached    ...........would be better if it were date/time stamped

python.log

Aslain, what is the common factor in all these errors? Not the effects but the root cause. Could it be that WG's developers have written in some code into the game that unintentionally/intentionally causes problems for mods in the Res folder? Did WG put code in with their new 'BigWorld' that is aimed at preventing 'certain' mods from working? Or did they just put an update out that was broken from the start? I know you and others are looking hard at resolving these issues of which I commend. However, could everyone be looking in the wrong place for the root cause?

uninstalled the modpack and did a clean install. First game same issue. In my T95. As soon as I went into sniper mode on JpE100 all mouse functions disabled.

Here are the last few entries from python.log. Not sure if this will help.

NFO: =============================
INFO: 2015-04-27 19:57:22: [ERROR] ./res_mods/mods//xfw/python\xfw\events.pyc
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "mods/xfw/python/xfw/events.py", line 54, in __event_handler
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/game.py", line 489, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/AvatarInputHandler/__init__.py", line 298, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/AvatarInputHandler/control_modes.py", line 1429, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR: AssertionError
INFO: =============================
ERROR: TypeError: Personality handleKeyEvent retval must be set to a bool
ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py, 1180):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 1178, in __onPeriodicTimer
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 1110, in __updateWaterStatus
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'matrix'

ERROR: [EXCEPTION] (scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py, 1180):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 1178, in __onPeriodicTimer
  File "scripts/client/VehicleAppearance.py", line 1110, in __updateWaterStatus
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'matrix'

INFO: 2015-04-27 19:57:23: [ERROR] ./res_mods/mods//xfw/python\xfw\events.pyc
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "mods/xfw/python/xfw/events.py", line 54, in __event_handler
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/game.py", line 489, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/AvatarInputHandler/__init__.py", line 298, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/AvatarInputHandler/control_modes.py", line 1429, in handleKeyEvent
ERROR: AssertionError
ERROR: TypeError: Personality handleKeyEvent retval must be set to a bool

I haven't had any CTD issues at all, I was talking about the turret and camera locking.

Do you use the right mouse button for anything else?

Sometimes there will be something hardcoded to an input by mistake, like the right mouse button. We've been thinking it's an auto aim issue, but it might by a problem with the right mouse button as it's parsed by the game.

The crash bug has ended up in my replies in this thread, because, for me anyway, it seems that if I fix the lock bug with a mod combination, I get the crash bug. If I have the lock bug, I don't have the crash bug. Since remapping auto aim and not using RMB for anything, I've had neither bug.

A page or two back I put up a list of mods I'm using now via another mod pack, which includes many of the mods we thought might be causing the lock and/or crash bugs. I was getting crashes, but no locked turret/camera/zoom with that combo of mods. Since removing RMB from my bindings, 20+ games now, I also eliminated the crash bug.

Later, I'll back up my current mods folder and try to reisntall Aslain's. with RMB unbound, and see what happens.

Not sure if this would help, but it seems that I can usually fix the lock issue when in an SPG and I am aimed in.  If you click on the map to view another area and it forces the gun turret/crosshair to move, it will then unlock the camera.  It is definitely an elusive bugger.

Just wanted to add real quick, it happened to my in my Wolverine the second a Pz. IV H exploded on my own team.  I wasn't looking at him, I was in mid turn to face an approaching Sherman III.  I watched the replay several times,  it happened the exact second the Pz. IV H on my own team died.