Autospy Minimap - Request a function

JeT

Hello Aslain,

can you please forward this request to Autospy that I cannot contact myself since he's on the Russian forum and I'm on the EU one.

I've read via Goggle Translate his post regarding restoring circles after patch 0.10.9, but on one side I can't download mm_cfg_recovery.zip archive, on the other side I would suggest a better idea also for the future:

It would be great to have some way to program and store a DEFAULT SETTING to be used as starting point for further customization.

Most of the changes are based on ship type: DD, CA, BB, CV, (SUB?). Being able to save a Default Profile for each type would be already great.

It also could be done by having a button to "SAVE SETTING" on an external file so that we can create DEFAULT SETTINGS by type of ships (DD, CA, BB, CV) or even for a single ship. When needed a particular setting can be loaded and applied to a new similar ship.

Many thanks

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Aslain said:

Saving to external file isn't possible.

First, thank you for the download.

Could it then be possible to set a Default Setting? I see it already does something alike when re-installing the mod with clean (new) preferences.xml, but I'm not sure how it exactly works.

Right now, on every new ship I get, there already applied a series of settings, always the same, but not alli I wished to have.

It looks like Minimap creates on its own a Default status based on the first ship being costumized. If this could be updated somehow, that would be already a good thing

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:29 AM, Aslain said:

Saving to external file isn't possible.

For years WG has repeatedly promised modders that they will allow mods to save data to a local file or even files. There is a way already: PnF mods may save some data in .json files but the only place unbound mods, like AutoSpy's minimap, may store their defaults and configs is in preferences.xml. WoWS was no doubt working on this before it got delayed or canceled, as a new file popped up in the client some time ago, called mods_preferences.xml, but it is empty and cannot be used yet.

• Upvote 1