Mod version check in port

• Administrator

It has to stay that way for now, and in future, maybe I will make it optional. Just like I have in WoT. It's not something unusuall, I know at least few other modpacks that forces to install such things, some of them even ask for money to be able to uninstall such mods 😛 My reason for now is that the mod has to be noticed, otherwise it wouldn't never be. Very low number of people read changelogs.

19 hours ago, Aslain said:

It has to stay that way for now, and in future, I will make it optional most likely. Just like I have in WoT. It's not something unusuall, I know at least few other modpacks that forces to install such things, some of them even ask for money to be able to uninstall such mods 😛 My reason for now is that the mod has to be noticed, otherwise it wouldn't never be. Very low number of people read changelogs.

So instead of auto enabling it in the installer with the opportunity to disable for those who read changelogs you force install it for everyone?
Well thanks i guess for all the work so far but i guess it is time to move on for me.

Edited by SriverFX
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, SriverFX said:

So instead of auto enabling it in the installer with the opportunity to disable for those who read changelogs you force install it for everyone?
Well thanks i guess for all the work so far but i guess it is time to move on for me.

You know, you are over reacting on this little yet great improvement, especially that this is going to be optional sooner or later, you can even move the button out of your sight using negative coordinates if this is bugging you so much, by editing aslain.cfg, but if this is your choice then move on.

I wouldn't mind this so much but it pops up EVERY TIME I go to port. I do not need it to pop up after every battle - a notification one time will suffice. I removed it in the latest modpack build where it has a big old check, which is great. I would happily bring it back, if that functionality for popping up could be changed to something that happens once per session. I like the window itself, shows the versions, what changed, etc., looks good. 

As always, appreciate the modpack, it's my go-to for making WoWs usable!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Venger said:

I wouldn't mind this so much but it pops up EVERY TIME I go to port. I do not need it to pop up after every battle - a notification one time will suffice. I removed it in the latest modpack build where it has a big old check, which is great. I would happily bring it back, if that functionality for popping up could be changed to something that happens once per session. I like the window itself, shows the versions, what changed, etc., looks good. 

As always, appreciate the modpack, it's my go-to for making WoWs usable!

It don't pop up everytime, it only shows when there is new modpack version available. Once you close it, it will appear only when a new version of the modpack comes out. Which make perfectly sense, and is intended. If you think it's a bug, you can make a report, and it will be checked.

It reports it every time I go back to port from a battle - so if I go into WoWs, and a new version is available, it pops up - I can close it, and play a battle, and when I come back to port, it again says a new version is available. So it will hit me every time I return to port from battle, if there is a new version. Not sure it is a "bug" per se, just to me not an optimal way of working, I think the one time alert works best. I hope to get it to a "preferred" way of working, at least for me, I like the notification if there is a new version, but only if it notifies me once. Sometimes a new build doesn't have anything I might need or critical, so I may skip it. Just a few thoughts on how it might work better. I like the little button (I'd probably get rid of the big link, but the little button there is sharp and the window it opens is polished and well done). I sure would like to use it, but only if it is a one-and-done kind of notice. Thanks again for all of your work on ModStation.

7 hours ago, Venger said:

It reports it every time I go back to port from a battle

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about this bug. I found it, it was a rookie mistake. 🥺 Sorry. Fixed it, it will be corrected in the next modpack. Thank you again.

Just wanted to update - new Aslain Mod works GREAT. Reports one time on new release, positions in the game window perfectly (I run 1440p), you can show or hide the link button, and the window itself looks great with the info you need on what has changed and what version you are on. Great job and great mod addition!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you to keep your update checker optional. We don't need to have the lastest modpack version, especially when a mod is broken in it liek it happens all the time.  

What's this message in the last modpack ? Is it another joke ? 

Have fun, thank you and good luck

asslains.PNG

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, ship5 said:

Thank you to keep your update checker optional. We don't need to have the lastest modpack version, especially when a mod is broken in it liek it happens all the time.  

What's this message in the last modpack ? Is it another joke ? 

Have fun, thank you and good luck

asslains.PNG

It's from the installer, not from mod, it will be displayed when the installer cannot connect to pastebin.com to retrieve the latest modpack version. I see this pretty often recently.

• 1 month later...

FYI - after the latest WoWs patch, the Aslain mod stopped working in game. I made sure it was checked, removed, added, nothing. I thought maybe it was "off screen" or something, what I did notice is that the aslain.cfg file in the profile folder was empty - no data in it. I removed it, reinstalled the mod - and it's back and the icon is right where it should be. Just wanted someone to know, in case it happens again or if it is something that can be updated/fixed on install, to make sure there isn't a blank or empty .cfg file...

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Venger said:

FYI - after the latest WoWs patch, the Aslain mod stopped working in game. I made sure it was checked, removed, added, nothing. I thought maybe it was "off screen" or something, what I did notice is that the aslain.cfg file in the profile folder was empty - no data in it. I removed it, reinstalled the mod - and it's back and the icon is right where it should be. Just wanted someone to know, in case it happens again or if it is something that can be updated/fixed on install, to make sure there isn't a blank or empty .cfg file...

Have you changed the game scalling ? Due to game bug the button of this mod can be displaced. To fix it, you have to restart game client. Also, you should always use the most recent modpack version, where this mod is updated.