question update version checker

Try find out what to do with update checker.Not seems to wordk.(wanna disable it)

So i try put in the below line in games\World_of_Warships  preferences.xml file is that the right one ?

<showAslainLinkButton> false </showAslainLinkButton> (to your preferences.xml file)

Where put this sentence below ?

i dont have this one  as aslain describes

right under <elementsGroupExpand>

can anyone explain tnx

• Administrator
12 hours ago, sturmovic said:

Try find out what to do with update checker.Not seems to wordk.(wanna disable it)

So i try put in the below line in games\World_of_Warships  preferences.xml file is that the right one ?

<showAslainLinkButton> false </showAslainLinkButton> (to your preferences.xml file)

Where put this sentence below ?

i dont have this one  as aslain describes

right under <elementsGroupExpand>

can anyone explain tnx

Try new version of modpack, maybe The Modpack version checker will work for you now.

Hello : )

I believe the question was : how do we take off the Aslains banner from the bottom left bar of the game ? Is there an option for that or do we have to tweak some .xml file ? 

thx 🙃

• Downvote 1
  • Administrator
20 minutes ago, ship5 said:

I believe the question was : how do we take off the Aslains banner from the bottom left bar of the game ? Is there an option for that or do we have to tweak some .xml file ? 

thx 🙃

Why woud you like to do that for? This is needed for the aslain modpack checker mod. Without that you cannot re-open the window with changelog and modpack version.

23 hours ago, ship5 said:

thx 🙃

WTF is wrong with you? Do you suffer from oppositional defiant disorder? No one can 'make you do things' ? Not even when they are definitely good for you, like broccoli? You must have made your Mom really desperate. 

Aslain's Version Checker has two parts. Both of them are useful to all players.

One is a link button, that will open Aslain's own download page, not inside the game, but in your own browser. Many players worldwide get their Aslain modpacks from fan pages or random mirror sites. Some are malicious. Taking all users to the unadulturated source is a good thing.

The other one is Aslain's clickable logo. It opens an info window that shows you the release notes for the latest modpack. Empowering you, by giving you up to date info, so YOU can decide if you want to download the latest modpack or not. What do you have against it, if you in fact are using Aslain's modpack? It is auto-opened ONCE, when a new modpack is released. Won't bother you after that. Before you object, let me explain why this notification is also a good thing.

Whenever a new game client is released, some mods survive and need no tweaking. Some do need a little tweaking. Some need major surgeries. And some are killed, as alas, they got broken beyond any help. What it means, is that the mods that make up the modpack will not get updated at the same time. The updates for some will take no time at all, some will follow the client update by a few days, some by a week or more, and some will never show. The release notes for the modpack will tell the players all this, which mods have already been updated and which were not yet. Having read the release notes, the players will be able to make informed decisions whether to download and install the latest modpack release or not.

By now you may suspect that it's too good to be true, and there MUST be some benefits from this mod accruing to Aslain. I have to admit, you are on to something. Aslain, not like me, is way too nice to tell anyone to F Off, and will patiently answer the same bloody question from dozens of players again and again, even though the answer my friend, was blowing in the last release notes. (Latest example: Damage meter cannot be moved anymore! Rings a bell?) His very modest hope is that more players will actually read the release notes. His expectations are low, and I sympathize. Having supplied our community with safe mods for years, he still gets urgent messages from users whose stupid anti-virus app incorrectly flags the modpack as infected. Even worse, and just as baseless, are the accusations he gets from time to time, mostly made by seasoned cheaters who got caught and banned, about illegal mods in his modpack, of which there are none. He, and his many satisfied users, facing stiff competition by the corporate sponsored ModStation, can use all the help they can get, so I decided to help them a little with this mod.

Both of these visual objects, and what I mean are Aslain's icon and the link button, are small, discreet and unobtrusive. They are located at the bottom of your screen, at its very edge, in dead space, that's not used for anything else, taking up no room from anything useful, barely inside the range of your peripheral vision. What else can you ask for? A foot massage?

Seems the tone of your question may deserve some punishment. ModStation maybe?

• Upvote 1