"Ship Movement Indicator" and other minors things

EDIT: as of Modpack #17, Ship Movement Indicator is back!!! Big thanks to Autospy & Aslain

A big thanks to Aslain and all the authors for keeping up with WOWS short-term updating program!! Even more if considering not much help comes from the developers, I believe.

Carousel is back!!! Albeit in a reduced way. Upgrades were really handy to glimpse at, and I don't know why Valera switched to signals as well.

Ship Management is quite a piece of programming, but it's just too much with no options to enable/disable an excessive number of menus.

Btw, I can confirm it still has a minor bug by which Bonuses can be set in there, but the full Bonuses Page is no longer accessible.

Beside that, too bad it packs together with Improved Crew. I had to erase the proper files manually after installation.

I guess all in all I favor those mods that let me see the (to me) essential info without digging in menus and sub-menus. Speaking of which, now the Tab with flags and camos has become really secondary and mostly irrelevant, but that's a WG problem I won't miss to let them know asap.

After all my charade, the one thing I still miss is the Ship Movement Indicator mod. Any news on that or will it ever come back?

Thanks again Asalin

Edited by JeT
  • Like 1
  • JeT changed the title to "Ship Movement Indicator" and other minors things
  • Administrator

I never had banned mods in the modpack, but even if I had I would tell in the changelog that I'm removing something because it has been forbidden. 

The mod has stopped to work in the new game update, and the author is no longer playing or modding, so we are hopping that maybe someone else will update it.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, BirdForce said:

There is a version of it within the battle expert mod.. Not as useful as it being over the ship.. but it's there. I run v2. Dont know if it's in v1

Not as useful as ship movement indicator. Response from v2 is not in time. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, FlaminGunz said:

Similar vein, is Navigator the simple ship angle compass coming back? The existing options have pretty bad visuals

It will not come back, the old Runnig Lights mod is DEAD (unless some fixes it), maybe there will be some other similar mods in future.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:08 AM, Aslain said:

I never had banned mods in the modpack, but even if I had I would tell in the changelog that I'm removing something because it has been forbidden. 

The mod has stopped to work in the new game update, and the author is no longer playing or modding, so we are hopping that maybe someone else will update it.

If there is source code for the Ship Movement mod, then I would not mind taking a crack at it.  Have no idea regarding the required development environment (needed tool chain and other supporting tools, if any), so I may need some assistance in "getting pointed in the right direction" (e.g., access to any existing notes and/or documentation).  Thanks!

35 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

If there is source code for the Ship Movement mod, then I would not mind taking a crack at it.  Have no idea regarding the required development environment (needed tool chain and other supporting tools, if any), so I may need some assistance in "getting pointed in the right direction" (e.g., access to any existing notes and/or documentation).  Thanks!

Dunno about any doc or source. Aslain might help you in that.

Not a programmer, but I'm looking into it too based on last working installation on WOWS 11.5.

As far I can see there is a "running_lights" folder at root level of the "res_mods" folder.

Inside there is a "img" folder containing 3 .png with the 3 dots and a "setting" file that, after translating some Russian, it reveals to handle only color/transparency effects.

Next there is the "flash" (swf) file which I can't open because it's no longer supported, but I guess it's fine as it's some kind of required animation.

The real issue must be in the last file named "Traffic_Lights".

Fairly simple code that makes me think the problem lies in the changed structure inside the game with the last update. So it could be just matter to point it in the right direction. But so far I've been unlucky.

Cheers!

1987486132_Screenshot(1292).png.2f97e81ade8e3ea64b4133172c2dc28e.png1573165903_Screenshot(1293).thumb.png.abaa68703404447b9b6b5bb1d160130c.png264422095_Screenshot(1294).png.ffe993d9ee1f6ef8513c9d0f0b5d3008.png1051150627_Screenshot(1295).png.403bfca392e79ea71a5dcef663b39dbd.png1129527205_Screenshot(1296).thumb.png.a961140094978b155c5fb0d189b0fe4d.png

2 hours ago, JeT said:

The real issue must be in the last file named "Traffic_Lights".

Not completely sure about this, but the "...\res_mods\PnFMods\ModsInstaller_4_3\mods\Traffic_Lights.xml" file appears to be used by an installer.  i.e., The 'do_if_not_exist' attribute prevents the gui/battle_elements.xml from being updated/modified if the mod's "hooks" are already present???

I had no luck with the "...\res_mods\gui\flash\running_lights.swf" file, probably due to not having the correct software to view and/or edit it.

46 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Not completely sure about this, but the "...\res_mods\PnFMods\ModsInstaller_4_3\mods\Traffic_Lights.xml" file appears to be used by an installer.  i.e., The 'do_if_not_exist' attribute prevents the gui/battle_elements.xml from being updated/modified if the mod's "hooks" are already present???

I had no luck with the "...\res_mods\gui\flash\running_lights.swf" file, probably due to not having the correct software to view and/or edit it.

Basically I believe all the mods work like code injection as the "res_mods" folder that contains them is nothing more than a mirror of the real res folder embedded in the game.

As for the SWF, if we are truly speaking of a Flash file then Adobe retired that technology Jan. 1st, 2021 since it was unsafe. There was still a player available for a while, but now it's gone.

Hello ASLAIN,

the Battel-Expert-V2 would help with running-light, but it seems, you disable the standard compass at bottom left, when it was selected as "right" or "centered".
In the case of option "bottom left", it makes sense to disable the compass, to replace it with V2-image.

Sorry 4 school-english, :-)