For Everyone that has Slow Download.

Because of the new WOT update, and everyone updating their modpack, the download speed of the "traditional" way has ofc plummeted.

So For Everyone that has slow downloads :

Download Aslain's DLC Folder instead, and select all files in the link and choose to download as a zip.

When you get the zip,uncompress it in a folder, and keep all the many compressed files there.

Then make a folder in your WOT's installation ROOT folder,and name it, Aslains_DLC_cache_97 . (without the "." duh ... )

In THAT file cut (or copy) paste, all those small and big,many compressed files.

THEN download Aslains Installer. When you run the installer then, it will NOT try to download anything, because all the files will already be there,and the installer will simply use them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I moved the largest 7z files (like the colored paintball hits) to a new folder, then ran the installer WITH "Remove the contents of DLC cache (Aslains_DLC_cache folder) at the Installation Type screen to be sure it was clean, then unzipped and installed them manually. If you have ANY experience moving files, it is a snap.

Certainly, Libertas's answer is easier, if you do not want to clean up the cache.

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the new WOT update, and everyone updating their modpack, the download speed of the "traditional" way has ofc plummeted.

So For Everyone that has slow downloads :

Download Aslain's DLC Folder instead, and select all files in the link and choose to download as a zip.

When you get the zip,uncompress it in a folder, and keep all the many compressed files there.

Then make a folder in your WOT's installation ROOT folder,and name it, Aslains_DLC_cache_97 . (without the "." duh ... )

In THAT file cut (or copy) paste, all those small and big,many compressed files.

THEN download Aslains Installer. When you run the installer then, it will NOT try to download anything, because all the files will already be there,and the installer will simply use them.

So where is the DLC-Folder?

If I ttry it through the interent, it stop after some time

• 3 weeks later...

So I have downloaded the modpack for 9.8. I am now running the installation process. It is giving me an 11 hr install ETA. Is this the slow download time? If so I went to the link Temp Alt folder for slow DLs. Do I have to download each of those files individually?? I am not seeing a DL all files selection on Mega file.

So I have downloaded the modpack for 9.8. I am now running the installation process. It is giving me an 11 hr install ETA. Is this the slow download time? If so I went to the link Temp Alt folder for slow DLs. Do I have to download each of those files individually?? I am not seeing a DL all files selection on Mega file.

you can,either d/l only the ones you want (but you must know which is,what!  ;)  ), or just download everything (right click on Aslains DLC in the left and d/l as a zip).

Then,since we are now at 0.9.8 :

Then make a folder in your WOT's installation ROOT folder,and name it, Aslains_DLC_cache_98 . (without the "." duh ... )

This part is the change,related to the original post.

As always, DO NOT select "delete the contents of DLC cache ... " , or the files will be deleted, and the installer will start d/l them itself from the start.