Adjustable markers v1 by Autospy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, TheMadTankR said:

What would I need to interact with this mod on my own and figure a way to do it on my end?

The mod consist of that file: res_mods\gui\unbound2\autospy\adjustable_markers\!as_ship_marker.unbound with enough knowledge you can edit it the way it will work like you want.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:41 PM, TheMadTankR said:

Bump...anyone

@Capt_Oveur

OK. I'll look into it. (Have you even tried v2? I helped Aslain to make some minor tweaks, that IMHO added up to a major improvement)

Be warned, this will be tedious. AND you'll have to do it again and again for every modpack update.

Note: I will try helping him because I feel his pain. The reason I started using mods was because of my bad eyesight: my inability to see what was happening, the resulting debilitating vision fatigue and the headaches. I installed every mod that made some elements bigger, brighter or more colorful or got rid of some purpose made distractions. And that's why I got into modding too: my mods are mostly QoL mods, trying to improve on the not-too-user-friendly UI. They won't help you sink more or win more. But they may save you tons of mouse clicks, let you avoid mistakes by showing you things in Port that could be seen only on many different screens in the standard UI and would enable you to play longer, or, play at all. All this is because unfortunately, Lesta is no better than a low-end studio making C-list horror flicks that rely too much on jump scares. Many features in the game, like typhoon, fire frame, flacks, splashes, screen shakes when taking damage etc. are simple artificial visual distractions that hit players with any kind of visual impairment disproportionately hard.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Capt_Oveur said:

OK. I'll look into it. (Have you even tried v2? I helped Aslain to make some minor tweaks, that IMHO added up to a major improvement)

Be warned, this will be tedious. AND you'll have to do it again and again for every modpack update.

Note: I will try helping him because I feel his pain. The reason I started using mods was because of my bad eyesight: my inability to see what was happening, the resulting debilitating vision fatigue and the headaches. I installed every mod that made some elements bigger, brighter or more colorful or got rid of some purpose made distractions. And that's why I got into modding too: my mods are mostly QoL mods, trying to improve on the not-too-user-friendly UI. They won't help you sink more or win more. But they may save you tons of mouse clicks, let you avoid mistakes by showing you things in Port that could be seen only on many different screens in the standard UI and would enable you to play longer, or, play at all. All this is because unfortunately, Lesta is no better than a low-end studio making C-list horror flicks that rely too much on jump scares. Many features in the game, like typhoon, fire frame, flacks, splashes, screen shakes when taking damage etc. are simple artificial visual distractions that hit players with any kind of visual impairment disproportionately hard.

Diabetes is taking a toll on my eyes and I can no longer see the white text...appreciate any help. 

OK. Here you go. I have tweaked the latest version of the mod, as installed by 0.11.10.0_09 of Aslain's modpack.

Replace ..res_mods\gui\unbound2\autospy\adjustable_markers\!as_ship_marker.unbound with the file I attached.

The changes are not really trivial: 6 additions and 5 deletions. I have fully commented all my edits, just search for Capt_Oveur in the file. You will have to manually edit the file and set the 5 colors you wanted to be changed at the top of the file to colors that work for you. I have set all five (player's name; enemy ship name; ally ship name; HP and distance) to the color 'gold' (FFCC66). WG recommends using web safe colors, there are websites you can look up their hex values, for example here:

https://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-chart/web-safe-color-chart/

I really hope this will work for you. Aslain will be able to tell you how to preserve it when you are reinstalling the modpack and probably even how to update the mod if it changes in the future. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions! Cheers!

...Capt_Oveur

!as_ship_marker.unbound

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Hi @OldAndSlow51,

Here it is. AutoSpy Adjustable Markers v1 High Visibility with Customizable Colors for 12.6.X

I picked the following colors: off-white for player name, highlighter-blue for HP and highlighter-yellow for distance.

Used the default colors for the rest.

I even spelled color the Arlington way.

shot-23_07.24_12_00.27-0297.jpg.1d0780342a326dece839f48424f9fc95.jpg

You can choose your own colors.

Cheers!

!as_ship_marker.unbound

• Like 2

That looks good. However, I am not sure where to install it. I don't see anything with that name in the game directory tree. I am not acquainted with mods - is there a SDK that I need to download?

Thanks for your help.

.......O&S

Never mind - found it and tested it out - works great!

For those wanting to try it, I found it under:

...\World_of_Warships\bin\7266701\res_mods\gui\unbound2\autospy\adjustable_markers

7266701 is the current game version, 12.6.0.0 in this case

You need to use the Aslain installer to install the AutoSpy markers, version 1 first. You have to exit the game to do that.

I sure appreciate your efforts on this - my 72-year-old eyes thank you!

.......O&S

1 hour ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Easiest is if you use Aslain's modpack and install AutoSpy's Adjustable Markers. Then replace the !as_ship_marker.unbound file in the ..\Games\World_of_Warships\bin\nnnnnnn\res_mods\gui\unbound2\autospy\adjustable_markers\ folder with this one.

That is what I did - I just didn't 'splain it very well.

.......O&S

Did you get it to work? Its not working that great for a couple of patches. It puts an X up like its a sub for the last couple of patches so it was more distracting than trying to see the white text. I just used the original file buy Capt_Oveur which worked very well.shot-23_04.12_17_30.10-0424.thumb.jpg.2ce61d84458c7382159b5c58bd534d4b.jpgshot-23_04.14_16_19.39-0331.thumb.jpg.4803be8374530102b3c9b52e2cad1d1d.jpg 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 4:41 PM, TheMadTankR said:

Too bad there was not an interface in-game to modify it.

There is an in-game color picker that could be added to this mod too, but I don't think anyone would use it. You can see it in the settings for AutoSpy's Minimap. I use this minimap but I never changed any of the colors from their defaults.