Historical Ensigns Contour-icon Mod, revived (12.0.X)

Panzerleiter

After some players—through the WoWS and WoT forums and through Aslain—asked me to revive my mod, I made the 70+ icons for ships that have entered the game since the moonbat commies running WoWS these days banned my mod last year unless I were to remove the Japanese Rising Sun ensign.  This is the same ensign as that used by the Japanese navy in the 19th century; the same as the one flown during World War I, when Japan was allied with the U.S., U.K., Italy, Russia, France, etc.; the same ensign that has flown over Japanese naval (or Maritime Self-Defense Force) ships since 1954; the ensign that contains a symbol revered in Japan since at least the 14th century—yet, Wargaming had the gall and moronic effrontery to declare that this ensign, proudly flown today by a sovereign country, be wiped from the sight and, were it possible, consciousness of WoWS players, all because a few hyperventilating bed-wetters' emergency supplies of paper bags were taking severe hits during WoWS sessions.

Another source of pressure might well be the Chicoms—no friends of the Japanese—without whose good graces WG's coffers would take a severe hit.

I have written the Japanese MS-DF (https://www.mod.go.jp/msdf/en/) about this, hoping to enkindle legal reaction against WG on their part, but I'm only one man.  If others were to join in e-mailing them ([email protected]), we might spur them to confront WG over this ludicrous decision.  You might contact the Japanese naval attaché assigned to your country, as well.  Any Japanese players reading this would obviously have even more possibilities for redress open to them.

In the meantime, here is my mod, updated for the current patch:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5i7q08vv0e8in5/Historical_Ensigns_Contour_Icons--All_Regular_and_Moonbat_variants.zip/file

Many thanks to Aslain for providing this platform for the 'wayward'.

—Panzerschiffer

Edited by Panzerleiter
  • Like 2
  • Panzerleiter changed the title to Historical Ensigns Contour-icon Mod, revived (12.0.X)