12.0 v8 bug Autospy Side Panel Concealment issue

• carmelo changed the title to 12.0 v8 bug Autospy Side Panel Concealment issue
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, carmelo said:

Not sure how that makes sense because in mod station conceal values are correct. Just isn't working on Aslain's variant. Not switching away from you mod sir every again lol. 

In my modpack I have the most recent side panels by AutoSpy. There is nothing else.

Show me proof that there are differences, attach proof + replay from this battle.

On 2/9/2023 at 2:26 AM, Aslain said:

In my modpack I have the most recent side panels by AutoSpy. There is nothing else.

Show me proof that there are differences, attach proof + replay from this battle.

I will download the lastest version tonight and screenshot. 

I am also wondering since I switched from mod station autospy to your mod pack some files and interfering maybe? . Not poking sir., your mod packs are amazing. I call for storm league clans and concealment info is a must.

Thanks for the quick reply. So to confirm, are the values you are getting proper or the same as mine?  As the only proper conceal values are from my div  mates. All other conceal values are off/different.  *they aren't factoring in commander skills after experimenting*

If this is the case, I have already done a clean install of the mod pack. Anywhere specific I could manually delete the files? Should I try to reinstall wows?

Edited by carmelo
  • Administrator

I don't know if the values are fine or not, but that they are the same like in modstation. That's all I can do, the rest can be only answered by the mod author, but Capt_Oveur already said that they changed something in the game client, and it might be related.

In 12.0.0 the source of ship parameter data changed. It now has 'stock' values only, i.e. without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules.

On top of that it may be bugged as well, it seems it's using the values of your ship, if you got in your carousel, for the same ships of other players, ally or foe.

• 1 year later...

i dont have a problem with stock conelamnet value, but it show your ships concealment values with bonuses... making it useless when your DD is trying to figure out if the enemy DD will be spotted first....

WG has changed - yet again - what concealment values can be seen in the client during battle. The change is for the better, the mods will follow, the old method is buggy.

For your own ship and for your team-mates you are shown the actual detection ranges.

For enemies it is their best possible concealment, taking into account commander skills like CE (whether aquired or not) and upgrades like CSM1 (whether mounted or not). Audacious, Gearing and Kléber also have Legendary upgrades that reduce visibility. That's why you will see 6.2 km visibility for all enemy Klébers even though probably very few players mount the Legendary upgrade.

On 3/3/2024 at 8:08 AM, aa406079 said:

i dont have a problem with stock conelamnet value, but it show your ships concealment values with bonuses... making it useless when your DD is trying to figure out if the enemy DD will be spotted first....

The captain skills of your ships in port affect the stats on team panels. The other modifiers such as upgrades are calculated correctly.

e.g. If your Salem in port has a concealment skill, it is nominally applied to the concealment of an enemy Salem, Even when the ship you are playing is Kleber.

If you need accurate ship stats, consider using my mod: TTaro Team Panel. It always displays the actual builds with the concealment skill taken into account.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:50 PM, poi_for_you said:

It always displays the actual builds with the concealment skill taken into account.

So the detection range displayed for an enemy ship will be equal or less to his actual detection range because CE is taken into account whether applied or not.