Issue with Custom Mods folder not installing icons

I've been using the Custom Mods folder to install a few XVM files that I've customized, along with a few other files. The issue I'm having is with a set of tank icons that I created with the Tankiconmaker program.

I've added my icons to the same zip file I use with all of my other files, but the icons never install. I've double & triple checked the paths to make sure they are correct and I can find no problem.

All of the other custom files I added are installed, but the icons will not install no matter what I do. It does not matter which icons I choose in the installer (I've tried the original icons and many others) my icons will not overwrite them. I've been choosing Jimbos icons in the installer, then deleting them and adding my own once the installation is complete but I'd love to be able to have it done automatically.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Downvote 1

I noticed similar behaviour with the custom mods.

Sometimes it overwrites the files and sometimes it doesn't (I check sound mods in the installer, so the directories will be created and all the vanilla sound files will be copied to there).

Could post your logs, so Aslain can have a look at them.

Should be easy for Aslain to check though, if it's something in the installer that's not right (custom stuff not getting installed last or something).

• Administrator

I've been using the Custom Mods folder to install a few XVM files that I've customized, along with a few other files. The issue I'm having is with a set of tank icons that I created with the Tankiconmaker program.

I've added my icons to the same zip file I use with all of my other files, but the icons never install. I've double & triple checked the paths to make sure they are correct and I can find no problem.

All of the other custom files I added are installed, but the icons will not install no matter what I do. It does not matter which icons I choose in the installer (I've tried the original icons and many others) my icons will not overwrite them. I've been choosing Jimbos icons in the installer, then deleting them and adding my own once the installation is complete but I'd love to be able to have it done automatically.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Check if you are installing it to correct folder. I am using custom folder for my icons, so if you use my config, you have to place them there too, and not in general location where Tank Icon Maker is use to save.

Check if you are installing it to correct folder. I am using custom folder for my icons, so if you use my config, you have to place them there too, and not in general location where Tank Icon Maker is use to save.

I'm installing the icons in the following folder: res_mods/mods/shared_resources/xvm/res/contouricons/regular. 

I've attached the logs as Almace suggested.

_Aslain_logs.zip

Installed .11 earlier and had some custom files being installed and some didn't.

Only using sound mods, where all the files are in 1 .zip file and supposed to go into res_mods > 0.9.7 > audio.

Music mod worked and 6th sense stayed from what I selected in the installer.

Copying them over manually works. So, I'm assuming that the directories haven't changed?

python.log _Aslain_logs.zip