Lost return crew to vehicle checkbox

Just now, JackInTheBoxEffect said:

I see Intensive Crew Regimen  (WoT+) but no return to crew button or checkbox.  Could be something I didn't check on install?

I see Accelerate Crew Training and the WoT+ buttons just to the right of the button with all the other crew options.

Should be a normal game button.

I got stuck in "Completing the operation"  when I switched tanks.  I had to restart the game.  I'm guessing it's the return equipment feature because that didn't happen to me before I used the feature.

I had just sold a tank with bounty equipment on it (return to depot).  I think this may have confused the return equipment feature.

Edited by JackInTheBoxEffect
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Mr_Ekshin said:

Regarding XVM crew return:

At least it still works. 🙂

EXCEPT...

I have two tanks for which I had it turned off.

Is there a config file I can tweak to manually turn it back on for certain tanks?

I don't have the file to check, but it should be editable in the notepad++, somewhere in this location AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\users

For anyone else who cares...

I was able to get accomplished what I needed, though I have certainly NOT completely figured out how their scheme is encoded.

In the screenshot, you can see a (windows) example of the path to the folder you need to get to (auto_prev_crew). My example is to continue more specifically from the path information provided by Aslain.

In that folder is a tiny file for each tank. I don't know how the numbers are chosen.

In each file is the data "I00." or "I01." "01" means return crew turned on. I went through and turned all mine on. (I made sure to "lock in" my crew for my tank in question, by playing at least one game with that crew in it).

Now my crews go back automatically.  Keep in mind, these were previously set before the WG update broke it. I have no idea if the mod creates new files for new tanks. I guess it creates a file when you first click on the "return crew" button, which doesn't show any more. So for new tanks, you have a chicken-and-egg problem.

NOTE: You don't have to close the game during edit. The contents of the files may be changed, saved, and then the results are instant.

I could do a lot more twiddling and experimenting to figure out how it all works, but I don't want to. It has worked for me, so now I have games to play. I'll leave the rest for someone else who has more time, and is probably smarter.

Peace. 🙂

crewFiles.png

Edited by Mr_Ekshin
fixing words, grammar, more specific information.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I've switched to "Crew Auto-return --> Crew Auto-return: Oldskool"

It's in the "Garage" section.

If you choose this, don't forget to turn off the old XVM version. I can't remember where the heck it is in the list again.

What this Mod-list needs most is a search feature. 😛