Auto-Equipment Return by Kurzdor - early support

If i remember correctly how the mod worked in the past....
I think the problem may be in saving configurations. When you select enable auto return the 6 slots of the 2 configurations are stored on a file. however if an equipment is used on both it cannot be present in 2 slots at the same time unless you own 2 of them.

34 minutes ago, i_zacca said:

If i remember correctly how the mod worked in the past....
I think the problem may be in saving configurations. When you select enable auto return the 6 slots of the 2 configurations are stored on a file. however if an equipment is used on both it cannot be present in 2 slots at the same time unless you own 2 of them.

Ah. that would make sense, thank you.  Guess I'll just make sure my second builds are always different!

23 minuti fa, coldchisel ha scritto:

Ah. that would make sense, thank you.  Guess I'll just make sure my second builds are always different!

i've just installed and tried it, it's not like I thought.
It seems rather that when you deselect a tank the mod only demount the equipment from the active slots, not both configuration

Edited by i_zacca
adding

Up until this morning when I installed v7 the equipment return was working ok most of the time, previously occasionally it wouldnt load it up or youd have empty alternative equipment slots but you could switch tanks and back and it would usually work second time.

This morning after installing update 7 it hangs on 'completing the operation', when I restart the game that tank has empty equipment and if I switch to another tank it hangs again trying to switch the equipment in again.  Thinking this was because of a bug in update 7 I reverted to mod v6 (and cleared game cache) but it is doing the same with v6.  You can see the message in the background saying equipment was demounted but it now never finishes 'completing the operation' - presumably the second part which is mounting the modules.

• Aslain changed the title to Auto-Equipment Return by Kurzdor - early support

Seemed to be working well so I went ahead and made sure all my tanks only had one configuration, but now it appears the mod is not remembering the equipment choices consistently.  Some setups have been saved, others have one or two items, some none at all.

Hopefully this will be sorted before long 🙂

EDIT: And now it would appear my account hangs if I try to switch between tanks.  I just get a message saying "completing the operation"!

Edited by coldchisel
4 hours ago, coldchisel said:

Seemed to be working well so I went ahead and made sure all my tanks only had one configuration, but now it appears the mod is not remembering the equipment choices consistently.  Some setups have been saved, others have one or two items, some none at all.

Hopefully this will be sorted before long 🙂

EDIT: And now it would appear my account hangs if I try to switch between tanks.  I just get a message saying "completing the operation"!

Mine was doing this earlier too, I disabled equipment swapping on a tank I hadnt chosen yet and manually selected equipment then after that other tanks were okay again.  I re-enabled equipment swapping and its working as before.  Almost like there was an issue with a certain piece but once I manually selected it on a tank it was okay again.

To be honest this automatic remounting equipment should have been part of the game itself when they launched WOT plus, were/are they seriously expecting people to manually de and remount equipment every time???  If ppl had enough bounty/improved equipment for every tank then why would the free demounting be a perk of WOT Plus in the first place..

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, moogster said:

Mine was doing this earlier too, I disabled equipment swapping on a tank I hadnt chosen yet and manually selected equipment then after that other tanks were okay again.  I re-enabled equipment swapping and its working as before.  Almost like there was an issue with a certain piece but once I manually selected it on a tank it was okay again.

Interesting, but everything seemed okay when I was setting up all my tanks, so that won't work for me as I don't have one I haven't activated the mod on.  I'll just have to wait and hope it gets sorted.

Edited by coldchisel
14 minutes ago, coldchisel said:

Interesting, but everything seemed okay when I was setting up all my tanks, so that won't work for me as I don't have one I haven't activated the mod on.  I'll just have to wait and hope it gets sorted.

Try right-clicking and deactivating on one tank, then select the tank and manually add the equipment again (you'll probably need to go to the tank that has equipment mounted and manually demount what you need to the depot), once thats done do a battle and when youre done select another tank.  It should all work again, and then you just need to re-enable the mod on that first tank.

I tried selecting a few tanks and having the game hang before I did that, so had to set up those tanks again after.

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

Try right-clicking and deactivating on one tank, then select the tank and manually add the equipment again (you'll probably need to go to the tank that has equipment mounted and manually demount what you need to the depot), once thats done do a battle and when youre done select another tank.  It should all work again, and then you just need to re-enable the mod on that first tank.

I tried selecting a few tanks and having the game hang before I did that, so had to set up those tanks again after.

Thanks but OMG I am not looking forward to having to do 70 tanks! 😱

8 hours ago, coldchisel said:

Thanks but OMG I am not looking forward to having to do 70 tanks! 😱

No, you don't have to do that to all the tanks, just one.. right click and disable auto equipment, select the tank, add the equipment manually - if it tells you the equipment needed is on another tank then go to that one and manually demount it and come back.. once your tank has the equipment it needs do a battle then when finished right-click and re-enable.

Thinking about it all this *could* be because for some reason it was having a problem demounting one piece of equipment from that other tank?

Anyway, as I said hopefully WOT will add this function to the game themselves not least because we don't want to be charged to demount numerous times if our sub runs out.

• Aslain locked and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, moogster said:

Thinking about it all this *could* be because for some reason it was having a problem demounting one piece of equipment from that other tank?

Thanks.  I think this is it.  It appears that my AE Phase 1 is causing the issue.  No idea why, but at least I've identified the culprit!

I've disabled the mod on that one tank and mounted a unique set of equipment on it: all seems well now.

BUT:

i) Still getting the "Completing the Operation" hang from time to time.

ii) Still can't set up second configurations

Edited by coldchisel
7 minutes ago, Annotator said:

Hi, is it possible to transfer the current configuration from my pc to another computer (my laptop)?
Thanks for the answer.

Talking about the Auto-Equip mod specifically, or what?

It's your first post in the forum - maybe you just picked some random thread to post your question in?

Gerade eben schrieb Quaksen:

Talking about the Auto-Equip mod specifically, or what?

It's your first post in the forum - maybe you just picked some random thread to post your question in?

Yes, I have enabled and set the Auto-Equip mod for my tanks on the PC.
Sometimes I play on my laptop, so it would be nice if I can "copy" my configuration to the Auto-Equip mod at the laptop.

Just now, Annotator said:

Yes, I have enabled and set the Auto-Equip mod for my tanks on the PC.
Sometimes I play on my laptop, so it would be nice if I can "copy" my configuration to the Auto-Equip mod at the laptop.

KK, just making sure, since some people post questions in random threads on their first go 😛 hehe

You can find the saved stuff from auto-equip in:

%appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\mods\kurzdor\autoequipmentreturn

There you'll find a .dat file with your account ID. 🙂 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Quaksen:

KK, just making sure, since some people post questions in random threads on their first go 😛 hehe

You can find the saved stuff from auto-equip in:

%appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\mods\kurzdor\autoequipmentreturn

There you'll find a .dat file with your account ID. 🙂 

Thanks, worked 🙂 this helps a lot!

This is what I noticed/figured out today.  I'm using one item between two tanks.  So the item is on tank A and I play a battle.  I die and go to the garage.  I go to tank B, but the item is being tied up by tank A since that battle hasn't finished yet.  That makes sense, but what happens now is tank B remembers the configuration without that one item since the mod couldn't grab that item from tank A.  Even when the battle with tank A ends it still wont go to tank B because it no longer remembers that configuration.  It now remembers the configuration without the item and that slot will be blank.  So once the battle with tank A ends you have to demount it from tank A and add it to tank B and reset the mod again in order for it to remember that configuration again.

Edited by Rigs
3 hours ago, Rigs said:

Even when the battle with tank A ends it still wont go to tank B because it no longer remembers that configuration.  It now remembers the configuration without the item and that slot will be blank.  So once the battle with tank A ends you have to demount it from tank A and add it to tank B and reset the mod again in order for it to remember that configuration again.

That's odd.  I definitely don't have that problem. Yes the equipment is locked on tank A until the end of the battle, but it swaps over okay thereafter.  The most recent update has definitely smoothed things out too.

Edited by coldchisel

Okay perhaps I needed to update Aslains.  I finished a game with tank A, died, exited to garage and selected tank B.  Understandably the item isn't available so there is an empty equipment slot for tank B.  I just sat there looking at tank B waiting for the game with tank A to end.  When it did the item did not automatically jump to tank B, but all I did was select tank A again (probably could have been any other tank) and then selected tank B again and the item moved there since it was available again.  Basically I think it just needs to be refreshed the tank the item is going to be moved to.

My problem with Auto-Equipment Return is that it doesn't remove the equipment from the tank you just played.  To swap equipment you must manually demount and then allow the mod to mount when a tank is selected.  Seems like something is missing.