Auto-Equipment Return by Kurzdor - early support

4 hours ago, Tam said:

My problem with Auto-Equipment Return is that it doesn't remove the equipment from the tank you just played.  To swap equipment you must manually demount and then allow the mod to mount when a tank is selected.  Seems like something is missing.

It should do.  Are you sure you have selected "enable auto-return" (right click over relevant tank icons in carousel) on both tanks?

7 hours ago, coldchisel said:

It should do.  Are you sure you have selected "enable auto-return" (right click over relevant tank icons in carousel) on both tanks?

I see what's happening.  I expected that when I click away from an equipped tank all equipment would go instantly to the depot.  Seems what happens is equipment is only removed from a non-selected tank if the next selected tank needs it.  Fair enough.

• Like 1

IMPORTANT! ANYONE THAT USES THIS MOD PLEASE READ!

I believe this mod is selling or destroying certain equipment whenever you sell a tank. 

About a week ago one of my Upgraded Bounty Hardening went missing. Couldn't find it anywhere, contacted support, apparently it was sold/destroyed alongside the Lansen C.

About 30 minutes ago I sold the Centurion 5/1, and didn't realize until now that I'm missing another Upgraded Bounty Hardening. None of the other equipment (all Upgraded Bounty pieces) were sold or destroyed, just the Hardening.
I haven't contacted support yet, but according to them, they will only reimburse 1 bounty equipment per account. So looks like I'm down one for good now.

Is there someone who could contact Kurzador and let him know of this, so he can confirm whether or not it is the case? But I am almost certain it is. 

Edited by Strange_Neighbour
fixing error
1 minute ago, Strange_Neighbour said:

I believe this mod is selling or destroying certain equipment whenever you sell a tank. 

About a week ago one of my Upgraded Bounty Hardening went missing. Couldn't find it anywhere, contacted support, apparently it was sold/destroyed alongside the Lansen C.

About 30 minutes ago I sold the Centurion 5/1, and didn't realize until now that I'm missing another Upgraded Bounty Hardening. None of the other equipment (all Upgraded Bounty pieces) were sold or destroyed, just the Hardening.
I haven't contacted support yet, but according to them, they will only reimburse 1 bounty equipment per account. So looks like I'm down one for good now.

Is there someone who could contact Kurzador and let him know of this, so he can confirm whether or not it is the case? But I am almost certain it is. 

WoT Plus does not affect selling tanks, keep that in mind. So when you're selling a tank, you're picking to demount/sell/whatever in the selling screen.

1 minute ago, Quaksen said:

WoT Plus does not affect selling tanks, keep that in mind. So when you're selling a tank, you're picking to demount/sell/whatever in the selling screen.

I understand that.

I've never made this mistake before, and now it's happened twice in one week, ever since I started using this mod. Nothing else is new.

While selling the Centurion I paid attention to ensure "send to depot" was selected, which it was.

19 minutes ago, Strange_Neighbour said:

Shouldn't be like this, actually. I specifically don't destroy none of those equipments when demounting in any case.
Gonna test it on Common Test. Well, not this time. CT is offline.

I shouldn't put the blame on your mod, it could be anything. Like I said it's just the only thing that is new for me, in regards to which mods I am using.

I rebought the Lansen just to see what the selling screen looked like.

image.png.24b33f9992dc74efeef8f2f52c3d25f2.png

The VStab and rammer are common across both setups, only the second setup has the hardening.

But it still doesn't make any sense, I checked to make sure everything was send to depot. I don't understand why it would sell it. 

Maybe it's just easier to say I'm wrong and that "Sell" was selected for the hardening, when I sold the tanks. But I can't believe I'd make that mistake twice... If there is no fault with your mod, I guess that is the only logical reason left. 

Something else I noticed that is probably nothing to do with the mod, as I'm in Safe Mode:

WorldofTanks_2023_05.17-20_54.png.a076d09b327d51397a609bea02dcd65c.png

The "Sell" remains greyed out even when the correct amount is entered. 
I can sell it if I sell the hardening, for 1,440,000, but not if I select send to depot.
It's the same for other tanks. Does this happen for anyone else?

Edited by Strange_Neighbour
fixing error
14 minutes ago, Strange_Neighbour said:

I shouldn't put the blame on your mod, it could be anything. Like I said it's just the only thing that is new for me, in regards to which mods I am using.

I rebought the Lansen just to see what the selling screen looked like.

image.png.24b33f9992dc74efeef8f2f52c3d25f2.png

The VStab and rammer are common across both setups, only the second setup has the hardening.

But it still doesn't make any sense, I checked to make sure everything was send to depot. I don't understand why it would sell it. 

Maybe it's just easier to say I'm wrong and that "Sell" was selected for the hardening, when I sold the tanks. But I can't believe I'd make that mistake twice... If there is no fault with your mod, I guess that is the only logical reason left. 

The thing is I only found problem that mod doesn't properly handle vehicle sell (it should delete it from db). I will fix it later.
But stores those sold vehicle ids and setups after selling and if you buy again this vehicle - the id will be other and setup won't be saved and will need to redo the work.
I tried to do vehicle selling with 2nd levels (I am not that player to sell 8 tier tanks, sorry) and it worked well. Except of bug above which isn't critical.

OFFTOPIC: My advice, the dropdowns to select action are actually scrollable by cursor as far as I know/understand. Be careful not to miss that.
UPD: YES, THEY ARE SCROLLABLE SO BE CAREFUL NOT TO FUCK UP IN FUTURE. CONFIRMED.

TLDR: so if you manage to scroll the main scrollbar in sell dialog and you mouse gets over dropdown while scrolling - you are fucked
image.gif.24ac72c1ab15717e285ccd6959ebb459.gif

Two issues for me:

i) I still cannot get the mod to work correctly if I have two loadouts.

ii) It would be great if the mod could automatically substitute regular equipment if a tank with the bounty equivalent is still in game, and vice versa.

Also, @Kurzdor, thank you for this mod!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm curious what's going on with this mod. I appreciate what has been done so far, but half the time it's not working, and unless I manually remount equipment and double check things before battle, I usually enter the battle with some of the equipment not loaded. Is this planned to be fixed at some point?

• 3 weeks later...

I am having issues with the second loadout. It works perfectly with the main/selected loadout, but doesn't load the secondary loadout. I have to click to the second loadout, click a different tank, then click back for both loadouts to be loaded properly.

Am I using it incorrectly?

Edited by TheLiamJacobs
Clarity
9 hours ago, TheLiamJacobs said:

I am having issues with the second loadout. It works perfectly with the main/selected loadout, but doesn't load the secondary loadout. I have to click to the second loadout, click a different tank, then click back for both loadouts to be loaded properly.

Am I using it incorrectly?

That is my experience as well.  I have given up using second loadouts for now.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Darenicek007 said:

Hi, any news about the secondary equipment when using the mod?

Not what you would like probably but you can work around secondary equipment.

When you click on a tank 1 of the 2 slots will load the items. Then you change to the other slot switch to another tank that doesn't have items of the slot you used first.

Then you click on the tank again and both slots are loaded fully.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i ve upgraded my SSD recently but was unable to clone it, so im reinstalling everything. My question is:
Where are the mod settings stored, cuz with the new install i will have to save again every tank i already set on the old game, and its a lot...

THX

Edited by Golza
  • 1 month later...
On 5/3/2023 at 7:00 AM, Aslain said:

Kurzdor said: You have to check second layout and recheck vehicle, and that's it

Hi @aslain, I am having same issue with the "inactive" second configuration: the Kurzdor equipment return mod does not put mods back on the second configuration. What do you mean by "check second layout and recheck vehicle"? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Question on this mod and how does it interact with Bond gear? Say I have some tanks with bounty gear on them and a piece of bond gear. Does it only demount the equipment that is eligible for free demounting? E.I. it won't also just demount the bond gear and move that too and then I get dinged the 200 bond demount fee? Hopefully it only demounts the bounty, regular and level one experimental and leaves the others...

Il 3/12/2023 at 21:42, Whaler_99 ha scritto:

Question on this mod and how does it interact with Bond gear? Say I have some tanks with bounty gear on them and a piece of bond gear. Does it only demount the equipment that is eligible for free demounting? E.I. it won't also just demount the bond gear and move that too and then I get dinged the 200 bond demount fee? Hopefully it only demounts the bounty, regular and level one experimental and leaves the others...

only Free demount are applied

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Soviet_Centurion said:

Just got new computer. Had every tank setup with the mod. Do not want to have to go through that again. What is the file I have to copy over that has all the tank layouts?

should be
C:\Users\pc-name\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\mods\kurzdor\autoequipmentreturn

is it possible to make the mod for switching equipment by subscription more intuitive, so there were presets like from strv tier 8 to tier 10, one set of equipment, from vz55 to "shkoda t 56" another, maybe through the graphic menu or will it be difficult to implement?

Edited by HlibUA