"Equip Auto Return"

I think that is the xvm "Equip Auto Return", not the old Autoequip option.

It no longer creates an Autoequip.xml file, and tanks change their equipment on my client. My issue is related, so I'm going to just use your thread instead of creating anew....

There does not appear to be a file-backup version for the "xvm Equip Auto Return", so everytime we update by clearing the res_mods folder, we will have to manually setup each tank again, and again (I think)

If there is a file backup, similar to the old Autoequip.xml, does anyone know where it is, for backup reasons.

Should work exactly the same as Auto-equip. Simply take your dismountable equipment (Binoculars, toolbox, and camo net), and equip it to the tanks you want to equip them. Then just change to another tank, and it automatically dismounts them for use on another tank. The only difference, seems to be there is no *.xml file that we can edit on our own, or save as a backup.

It's possible that its somewhere in the xvm settings, alot of tanks that I setup to auto-return crew kept their settings, even though I played 200 battles between the surprise 9.8 launch and 9.8.1 when I finally got around to getting the updated installer here.

I'd still like to know the specific files related to the xvm auto-equip and auto-crew, just to keep backups. I don't always play from the same computer, and I use cloud storage to store my gaming settings for access anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Just created a thread re: this.  Guess I shoulda looked closer first. :huh:

I looked where it used to be and in res_mods and didn't find anything.

Also thinking it's part of XVM config.

Really would be nice to know where it can be found so as to keep a copy just in case.

I've read that thread before. But it doesn't do that (with Aslain 4.4.6). I can mount equipment, but it doesn't unmount anything when I go to another tank. As 98whiteMC said, I can't figure out how to "turn it on", or if it's even installed or not.

%appdata%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip
There is no such file/folder for me. There's other stuff in said xvm folder, but nothing to do with auto_equip.

I just installed the Auto-Equip thing, launched the game, pulled off a camo-net, and put it back on - checked the folder in question, and it's there.

The .dat file it contains can't really be messed with though - so it's purely a save file to remember what tanks you have setup things on.

• Administrator

I've read that thread before. But it doesn't do that (with Aslain 4.4.6). I can mount equipment, but it doesn't unmount anything when I go to another tank. As 98whiteMC said, I can't figure out how to "turn it on", or if it's even installed or not.

There is no such file/folder for me. There's other stuff in said xvm folder, but nothing to do with auto_equip.

It won't work like AutoTelescope, but like AutoEquip, maybe XVM devs calls it auto-return equipment, but it works like this:

remove all equipement from all tanks, and automaticaly puts it back with your desired order, if you set it up ofc, but only on current tank, all other tanks are ALWAYS empty, as long as you switch to them, this way you need only few pieces of equipement.

I seem to have it working now. Perhaps you could rename the option in the installer -- I apparently hadn't installed it because the option looks like the old mod that did more-or-less the same thing, the current installer doesn't say anything about being part of XVM rather than a 3rd-party mod:

autoequip.png

And now I can go through all my tanks in the garage and add whatever camo/binoc/repair I want, and there's magically always 1 left in the depot to add to the next tank.

And I also now have C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip\SoftwareSimian_NA.dat

I seem to have it working now. Perhaps you could rename the option in the installer -- I apparently hadn't installed it because the option looks like the old mod that did more-or-less the same thing, the current installer doesn't say anything about being part of XVM rather than a 3rd-party mod:

autoequip.png

And now I can go through all my tanks in the garage and add whatever camo/binoc/repair I want, and there's magically always 1 left in the depot to add to the next tank.

And I also now have C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\xvm\auto_equip\SoftwareSimian_NA.dat

Exactly - confusion caused by wording in installer.  What a time-saver this is.  No more accidentally entering battle without being properly equipped either :)

Thanks to XVM folks and to Aslain for finding and including this in ModPack

• 3 months later...

I am one of the guys that collect tanks. So I have 268 in my garage. When the auto return became available I could sell all the equipment but 5. I figured I will never have more than 4 tanks in battle at any one time. It freed up 2,000,000 credits and has worked fine ever since. 

Now, the currant auto return is a bit tedious for a collector since you have to remember to reinstall the equipment again after a patch.

But it has always worked well for me. Thanks Aslain for great work.