Game won't launch

Ok, this is the 2nd time in like 2 months I've had the game break after installing this modpack. This is getting a bit ridiculas.. Once again, I install the mod pack, get to the launcher click play game and nothing.. It just goes away.. Uninstall modpack, same thing.

So, unless there's an easy fix for this. I have to go somewhere else, cause I cannot afford to keep redling this massive game.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

• Downvote 1

How are you uninstalling the game?

If you're using the uninstaller through the control panel, or the uninstall exe file, you'll need to re-read the thread with the modpack download.

Not once have I had my game break completely from using Aslain's modpack, so it sounds rather odd.

Ok well that fixed it. But I've uninstalled/reinstalled updates several times post 9.8, for it to break randomly like that is annoying.. Plus the fact, that you have to go find an additional piece to fix it, is even more annoying.

Cause, otherwise it leaves information behind... Such as in the uninstaller box, the registry... and running a new updated version, has been known on other programs to screw up things which is why most programs uninstall or ask you to uninstall before installing new versions.

• Administrator

Cause, otherwise it leaves information behind... Such as in the uninstaller box, the registry... and running a new updated version, has been known on other programs to screw up things which is why most programs uninstall or ask you to uninstall before installing new versions.

Install "leftovers" that re in the main WoT folder doesn't affect ANYTHING. No need to uninstall it everytime, it make no sense...As for res_mods folder, it's being cleaned up always as long as you choose to in the installer - unless your PC say NO to it, and block it's functions. There is no other case.

Here is my solution to the above problem of ALWAYS having to download a fresh game from WoT.

Step one: Delete C:\games and then run CCleaner (free program) to remove registry issues.

Step two: Download fresh install from WoT.

Step three: Rename C:\Games  to  C:\GamesStock

Step four:  Right click on GamesStock and hit copy.

Step five: Right click on C:\ and paste the game back to the C:\ Drive.

Now you have a file called C:\GamesStock-Copy

Step six: Re-name GamesStock-Copy to Games.

Step seven: Install mods.

As soon as Aslain comes out with a new Mod, rename C:\Games to C:\GamesV4.4.xx

REPEAT steps 4 thru 7.

Now if you have to go back to a previous version it is VERY easy.... no more LONG downloads from WoT,

and if the current Mods don't work right it is very easy to go back to a previous version just by  renaming a couple of files.

PLUS, if you need a vanilla C:\Games to deal with WoT, just do steps 4 thru 6 and you are good to go!

simple like that :)

Step one: Delete C:\games and then run CCleaner (free program) to remove registry issues.

Be very careful with this. Using registry cleaners is something I do not recommend if you are not 100% sure what you are doing / removing.

Wrongfully deleted registry keys are a pain to recover and won't always be recoverable.

Also check if you don't have any other games in that folder, since some other developers use this folder as well.

I actually keep WoT on my E:\ drive so it is the only thing in the \Games folder there is WoT, but good point about other games locating themselves in the C:\Games folder.  SO..., just do it with the World_of_Tanks folder and approach it that way. I have been using CCleaner for a LONG time, and only have had to use the Restore function once, when I got impatient and didn't realize some Microsoft update was running in the background and it didn't like having the registry messed with. But all I had to do was do the CCleaner restore, re-install the Microsoft crap and I was good to go.  I find that program much more enjoyable then going line-by-line for hours and hours and hours through the Registry.

2 each his own!