low fps and load in times

As of yesterday I have been having issues with low frames per second and long load in times.  I will load into the game around 15 seconds into count down, and fps will be 1, then it goes up to about 20 once game starts, and remains around 20.  Sometimes it will go up to 120-140 fps, which is normal for me, but once more enemies are illuminated it will drop down 20 or 40 fps.   I have never played at 20fps before, but it is terrible!  Game is pretty much unplayable.  I mean, I could play it, but I miss all my shots.

This morning I deleted all mods and deleted game, reinstalled game, and it appeared fine.  Once I put in the mod pack, it went down hill.  I have tried different variants of the mod pack today, from full customization, to "xmv and Aslain recommended mods" and the "xvm recommended" mod.  I even did a customized configuration with nothing selected.  

Initially I was only doing the "clean install", but later on I was installing the mods using "clean install" as well as removing contents and resetting the cache.

I'll probably mess around with it again tomorrow.  I have just done so much deleting and reinstalling today that I have no idea what is what anymore.

Thanks

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Thank you for the reply.  However, problem still exists for me.

I uninstalled mod pack, and everything works fine.  I load into game at 29 seconds and at that instant the fps is about 7, but over the next few seconds it jumps to 100 to 120 fps and remains there the entire game.  This is normal for me, and how game has always been on this computer.  I am also running on low graphic detail, which I remember to reselect every time I clear the cache.  I only mention that because running on high settings will lower my fps, but in this case that is not the issue.  Always on low.

I reinstalled the mod pack using a "custom" setting with NOTHING selected, and selecting clean install with the 2 check marks selected to clear the cache.  Again, no problems.  Good load in time, good fps.  Identical to having no mods (yes, I know, it is no mods).

I then reinstalled the mod pack using "recommended XVM only settings (by Aslain)", and with a clean install and 2 check boxes checked.

This is where the problem starts.  

I load into game at 18 seconds, and at that instant the fps is 2.  Over the next few seconds it jumps to 20-40 fps and remains there throughout the game.  It does not go above 40 fps, but may have dipped below 20fps a few times. Mostly it remains in the low 20s fps.  This is very hard to play game at.  Even when just driving out of cap circle before any enemies were spotted the screen is very erratic.

The attachments were from this specific game.  Do you want anything more? 

I will play around with it some more and see if I can find out exactly which mod is causing prolems.

python.log

_Aslain_logs.zip

continued from above

reinstalled with "recommended xvm only settings (by Aslain)" with "other xvm settings" deselected (as above), and now "over target markers (OTM)" deselected.

Much better!!!

load in time was still long, 19 seconds, and at that instant fps was 2.  after a few seconds game went to 120 fps and remained in the 100-140 range entire game.

I'll attach the logs just in case.  Still isues with the load in time.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Well I don't know what is going on now.  Reinstalled mod pack with a bunch of different mods, and everything works fine. 

I don't know what would cause my fps to act all crazy like this.  I even turned the anti-virus off, with no effect.  Nothing else is running.  System performance is good.  My computer is more than capable of handling this game on high settings with no issues.  Everything was fine until 2 days ago.  About when it started to tell me windows 10 was ready for install (which I haven't installed yet). I'm wondering if it is an update I installed.

Sorry for wasting your time.  It appears the computer was in power saving mode!  I feel pretty stupid.  I was trying to figure out if it was an update I installed the other night, then I realized I had been using the computer at school unplugged for a while, and had put it in power saving mode. 

Anyway, there is about 80 fps difference in between power saving and high performance.  I just did a quick check in a training room.  Tomorrow I'll make sure that was the issue.  If you don't hear from me again, that was it.

• 2 years later...