Not the right wn8 colors in the tank carrousel

To add to Quaksen's correct info, I think that is not even the WN8 number.  I am pretty sure that it is your average damage per battle in that particular tank.  The WN8 color rankings are also applied to average damage.  So, if you had unicum level average damage in a particular tank, the damage number would be purple.

• Administrator

color='{{v.c_wn8effd}}'>{{v.tdb%-4d|--}}

// Dynamic color by WN8 effective damage
    "wn8effd": [
      { "value": 0.6,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_bad" } },
      { "value": 0.8,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.bad"      } },
      { "value": 1.0,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.normal"   } },
      { "value": 1.3,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.good"     } },
      { "value": 2.0,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_good"} },
      { "value": 15,   "color": ${"def.colorRating.unique"   } }
    ],

wn8 or average damage... colors aren't good  :P

Nice coding but in witch file do I need to change it to that?

What is wrong with the colors?  On the Spähpanzer SP1C you have highlighted, your average damage done appears to be 972.  The expected damage per battle for WN8 is 706.52, therefore the blue color looks to be correct.

Your average damage is 2142, it's barely above the average, so therefore, yellow color.

ok, understood.... but strange that in the earlier days it was a different color.......

maus_mb1.jpg

Like I had on the Maus (couldn't find a better (older) screenshot.... 

(I try to understand why the colors are different then before, thats all)... Thx all for your understanding and patience  :rolleyes:

Before the color was based on a static number.  if you had greater than 1800 damage then it was blue, 2500 it was purple.  It did not take into account the expected win8 damage.  So that is what changed.

The old way could be misleading that you think you are doing good avg damage but you are not.  Specifically for Tier 10s.  Likewise in low Tier tanks you would always show red or orange because your avg damage was really low compared to the static number.

// Dynamic color by average damage on current tank

"tdb": [
      { "value": 500,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_bad" } },
      { "value": 750,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.bad"      } },
      { "value": 1000, "color": ${"def.colorRating.normal"   } },
      { "value": 1800, "color": ${"def.colorRating.good"     } },
      { "value": 2500, "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_good"} },
      { "value": 9999, "color": ${"def.colorRating.unique"   } }
    ],

This was the old way.  So if you Maus avg damage was 1659 from your picture, you were in the Good range and Green when using static numbers.  But compared to win8 expected damage of 1790 you are considered normal and Yellow.

Make sense?
  • Upvote 2

Good info Clinkenwierd, thanks for sharing.  Question:  Does it matter which color scale, for example 10 color vs 6 color, that you choose in the modpack concerning the avg damage etc that is shown in the garage?  specifically the problem the OP has.  I was thinking that maybe he has a different color scale now than before.

Before the color was based on a static number.  if you had greater than 1800 damage then it was blue, 2500 it was purple.  It did not take into account the expected win8 damage.  So that is what changed.

The old way could be misleading that you think you are doing good avg damage but you are not.  Specifically for Tier 10s.  Likewise in low Tier tanks you would always show red or orange because your avg damage was really low compared to the static number.

// Dynamic color by average damage on current tank

"tdb": [
      { "value": 500,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_bad" } },
      { "value": 750,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.bad"      } },
      { "value": 1000, "color": ${"def.colorRating.normal"   } },
      { "value": 1800, "color": ${"def.colorRating.good"     } },
      { "value": 2500, "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_good"} },
      { "value": 9999, "color": ${"def.colorRating.unique"   } }
    ],

This was the old way.  So if you Maus avg damage was 1659 from your picture, you were in the Good range and Green when using static numbers.  But compared to win8 expected damage of 1790 you are considered normal and Yellow.

Make sense?

Clinkenwierd - That makes total sense, thx... It is clear now.

bkc1965 - I always use the wotlabs xvm stats. I started with it, didn't know any better.